Marc Stein: Bulls want to re-sign Gasol, not trade him

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well sure, but filling implies that there is a lack of players filling that position, which there is not. Or at least that's just how I read it.

They have centers, but none of them are very good at all. Nurkic is merely half-way solid. Hickson is a 4 and he's not worthy of being a starter on a decent team in the league. The only thing Denver has is wing depth. They have that even without Chandler. What they most lack is any kind of quality point guard more than anything.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They have centers, but none of them are very good at all. Nurkic is merely half-way solid. Hickson is a 4 and he's not worthy of being a starter on a decent team in the league. The only thing Denver has is wing depth. They have that even without Chandler. What they most lack is any kind of quality point guard more than anything.
Jokic has looked solid, idk about the other rookie. I only bring that up because I figure Denver might be high on at least one of those guys.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jokic has looked solid, idk about the other rookie. I only bring that up because I figure Denver might be high on at least one of those guys.

I doubt they are sold on any of those guys as anything more than a back-up considering none of them even crack 20 minutes per game.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Nurkic has shown a lot of potential and is still only 21 years old. Denver isn't even a playoff team. Why would they want to sign a 30 year old Noah when they have a young C prospect and 3 other guys who could fill the position?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Nurkic has shown a lot of potential and is still only 21 years old. Denver isn't even a playoff team. Why would they want to sign a 30 year old Noah when they have a young C prospect and 3 other guys who could fill the position?

To win games. Noah is still capable of being a dominant defensive force and rebounder in the league. Denver is a small market and Noah immediately improves their shitty team.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
To win games. Noah is still capable of being a dominant defensive force and rebounder in the league. Denver is a small market and Noah immediately improves their shitty team.

I'm not sure I'd call him a dominant defensive force. Actually, I wouldn't. Still doesn't help them reach the playoffs whatsoever. Great rebounder though.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure I'd call him a dominant defensive force. Actually, I wouldn't. Still doesn't help them reach the playoffs whatsoever. Great rebounder though.

He has shown it in flashes during this season. He was the DPOY only two years ago. Denver isn't far from making the playoffs again. They are one decent center and one decent point guard away. And you better believe that in Denver, it's all about building to make the playoffs. Not so much completely blowing it up and rebuilding through free agency/high lottery picks to build a title contender from the ground up.

Not to say that adding veterans isn't a good way to win a championship or two.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yeah I guess I just disagree. Noah showed to be a good defender this season but nowhere near his DPOY self. I didn't see any glimpses of that. Still struggled mightily on offense, has knee issues, and now coming off a shoulder issue.

I think he can still contribute but probably is best served going to a contending team in a limited role. Don't see him more than a 20-24 MPG player. OKC could be a good spot for him. Clips. But I don't think he'd want any part of a non playoff team.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I guess I just disagree. Noah showed to be a good defender this season but nowhere near his DPOY self. I didn't see any glimpses of that. Still struggled mightily on offense, has knee issues, and now coming off a shoulder issue.

I think he can still contribute but probably is best served going to a contending team in a limited role. Don't see him more than a 20-24 MPG player. OKC could be a good spot for him. Clips. But I don't think he'd want any part of a non playoff team.

I am pretty sure the most important factor in Noah's decision making that isn't dollars will be who will let him start/give him minutes. And usually, the amount of minutes a team is willing to give you directly correlates to how much they are willing to pay you.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I'm sure he'd like to start but even if he does...how many minutes is he going to get with Nurkic and others in the rotation? I would bet the most important factor besides money will be winning. Starting or coming off the bench really doesn't matter as much if you're only getting 20-25 MPG. Might as well play for a winner

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure he'd like to start but even if he does...how many minutes is he going to get with Nurkic and others in the rotation? I would bet the most important factor besides money will be winning. Starting or coming off the bench really doesn't matter as much if you're only getting 20-25 MPG. Might as well play for a winner

I don't think any team is going to be willing to give Noah more than 20-25 minutes per game with his injury history and how in and out of the line-up he tends to be even when he is healthy. You could argue that a team with more bodies behind him at the 5 spot is the ideal place for Noah all of these factors considered.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don't think any team is going to be willing to give Noah more than 20-25 minutes per game with his injury history and how in and out of the line-up he tends to be even when he is healthy. You could argue that a team with more bodies behind him at the 5 spot is the ideal place for Noah all of these factors considered.

I agree. No team would be willing to give him more than 25 MPG. And if he's going to play limited minutes, why wouldn't he want to play for a contender? Noah wants to win. Does he want to start and play more minutes? Of course. But if no team is willing to afford him that, I'm sure he would rather go to an established playoff team rather than the Denver Nuggets.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. No team would be willing to give him more than 25 MPG. And if he's going to play limited minutes, why wouldn't he want to play for a contender? Noah wants to win. Does he want to start and play more minutes? Of course. But if no team is willing to afford him that, I'm sure he would rather go to an established playoff team rather than the Denver Nuggets.

I'm sure Noah would much rather go to a contender. I just think that at the end of the day, he will go where the money is. And most likely, a contender won't have as much use for Noah to feel the need to pay him the big bucks like a lesser team would be willing.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I'm sure Noah would much rather go to a contender. I just think that at the end of the day, he will go where the money is. And most likely, a contender won't have as much use for Noah to feel the need to pay him the big bucks like a lesser team would be willing.

That is fair. Time will tell. I can't see any team offering anything significant though. Maybe a mid-level exception type deal.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Good debate, Rami and Enasic. That is what a sports message board is all about.

Props to both of you fellas.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
How about injured Noah + picks for injured Wilson Chandler?

not to be the bubble burster, but im pretty sure you cant trade injured players so its kind of a moot idea

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
not to be the bubble burster, but im pretty sure you cant trade injured players so its kind of a moot idea

in 2k you can't but in real life you can

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
in 2k you can't but in real life you can

hmm not much of a 2k player myself, I guess Im basing it off of how in the NFL you cant trade a player on IR. I guess NBA does it a bit differently

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
gar_Forman_bert.jpg

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
this is what i cannot stand about Gasol

[video=youtube;QW525BA2eQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW525BA2eQo[/video]