NHL All-Star Weekend Thread

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
A weekend that got a lot more attention than it usually does for reasons that it probably should not have.

All-Star Lineups

AtlanticCentralMetropolitanPacific
Patrice Bergeron, BostonJamie Benn, DallasNicklas Backstrom, WashingtonJohnny Gaudreau, Calgary
Jaromir Jagr, Florida (captain)Matt Duchene, ColoradoClaude Giroux, PhiladelphiaTaylor Hall, Edmonton
Leo Komarov, TorontoPatrick Kane, Chicago (Captain)Evgeni Malkin, PittsburghJoe Pavelski, San Jose
Dylan Larkin, DetroitTyler Seguin, DallasEvgeny Kuznetsov, WashingtonCorey Perry, Anaheim
Ryan O'Reilly, BuffaloVladimir Tarasenko, St. LouisBrandon Saad, ColumbusJohn Scott, Arizona/Montreal (Captain)
Aaron Ekblad, FloridaDustin Byfuglien, WinnipegJohn Tavares, New YorkDaniel Sedin, Vancouver
Steven Stamkos, TampaRoman Josi, NashvilleJustin Faulk, CarolinaDrew Doughty, Los Angeles
Erik Karlsson, OttawaShea Weber, NashvilleRyan McDonagh, New YorkMark Giordano, Calgary
PK Subban, MontrealJames Neal, NashvilleKris Letang, PittsburghBrent Burns, San Jose
Ben Bishop, TampaDevan Dubnyk, MinnesotaBraden Holtby, WashingtonJohn Gibson, Anaheim
Roberto Luongo, FloridaPekka Rinne, NashvilleCory Schneider, New JerseyJonathan Quick, Los Angeles

Weekend Schedule​
Saturday​

2016 Honda NHL All-Star Skills Competition
6:00 p.m. CT
TV: NBC Sports Network

Events
  • Bridgestone NHL Fastest Skate
  • Honda NHL Breakaway Challenge
  • DraftKings NHL Accuracy Shooting
  • Gatorade NHL Skills Challenge Relay
  • AMP Energy NHL Hardest Shot
  • Discover NHL Shootout

Should be plenty of reactions like this:
giphy.gif

Sunday​

2016 NHL All-Star Game
asg16_logo.jpg

4:00 p.m. CT
TV: NBC Sports Network

All-Star Game is a 3-on-3 tournament, with the winning division earning a $1 million prize.

And now for the best moment in NHL All-Star History:

cp3Cs1.gif

Enjoy the weekend.

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm a huge fan of the skills competition. Only part of the weekend worth watching, in my mind.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm a huge fan of the skills competition. Only part of the weekend worth watching, in my mind.
As a non-hockey fan I definitely agree.

Kinda felt the same about All-Star Weekend for awhile. Now its lame as hell again.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Somebody wake me up when real hockey resumes.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has John Scott been sighted, heard something saying he wants to play just to spite the league office.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Are y'all not excited for some country MUSSSSAAAAC!

Who wants to watch Matt Duchene play guitar on the guitar straaangs.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
There are a bunch of celebrity coaches for this game but they're just some shitty country musicians and then some other people that I don't think I could pick out of a lineup.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but it's definately the only part worth watching this weekend. I feel like the whole 3on3 shit is just the first step toward them implementing it for OT

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Did anyone watch whatever thing they had on TV last night? From all reports it was a rather awful pile of shit.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Weber remains the shot champion

Kane's trying to play out the hate