NHL All-Star Weekend Thread

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Montreal is having thoughts about calling Scott up from the minors, maybe as some type of ratings gimmick after the support he got at the All-Star game?
If I were him, I'd retire, tell Buttman and the league to fuck off, take my family and new car the hell out of St. Johns and move somewhere warm. He's got an engineering degree...go down in flames!

Montreal doesn't need a gimmick like that to get people in the seats or to gain interest in the team.

Now, Arizona? They probably could've used an infusion of interest around its team. Certainly would not have lasted forever, but anything to get people's attention in that hockey desert would've been useful for them.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The whole Scott shouldn't be there attitude because some players deserve to be there instead of him, and he's not good enough is just bullshit. The game is an exibition, should Rinne have been chosen ahead of Crawford, I don't think so.

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I was actually really disappointed in the skills competition it's essentially done. No reason to watch. The 3 on 3 was pretty bad but at least you wanted to watch it for John Scott. If they don't have that story line every year then it's going to be really boring.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also laughed when people were posting that Scott has more all star goals than Orr, Crosby, etc.
Let them have a crack at 3 on 3.

Crosby also had a real hat trick last night.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I also laughed when people were posting that Scott has more all star goals than Orr, Crosby, etc.
Let them have a crack at 3 on 3.

Crosby also had a real hat trick last night.

pff John Scott had a hat trick last season... as in 3 goals the whole season.

There was some letdown with the way the skills competition went. It was still fun but the vibe of it wasn't as fluid as in years past. In the shootout competition really only Duchene and Subban were showing off something skilled there.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing I didn't like about the ASG was the musical selections. That's why my Marantz has a mute button.
Otherwise, I thought the 3 on 3 shitshow was just groovy.
The NHL accidentally created a narrative, and it played out beneficial for everyone.