Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
All the CJ highlight reels look more like Bears lowlight reels.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
First Barry, now Calvin. What a laughable tragedy.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Actually if the Lions want to give up the 16th pick for Jeffery, Pace needs to do that in a heartbeat.
He can't trade him until he's under contract.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Detroit. The only place players rather retire than make money. Seriously though, I would guess he is valuing having a good life after he retires. Whatever his reasoning, he is one of the greatest to every step on the field. He is/was a freak in every sense of the word. You are not going to see to many athletes like him and applaud his great career if he does retire.

Not only that, but he's one of the rare few all time great WRs who wasn't a selfish diva.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I always had a feeling he would eventually retire...

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Stafford has played well without Megatron, so there really shouldn't be many worries there.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stafford has played well without Megatron, so there really shouldn't be many worries there.

Have to agree, he's been playing with a watered down version of Megatron for a year and half now. Got to believe Treadwell will be high on their draft list as well as one of the mid range FA Wide-outs.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Have to agree, he's been playing with a watered down version of Megatron for a year and half now. Got to believe Treadwell will be high on their draft list as well as one of the mid range FA Wide-outs.

We also have to recognize that Megatron leaving won't be the only thing that happens to Detriot this offseason. His Cap number this year is $24M. They will get over $11M in space if he retires. That will give them some extra $ to spend on OL or a few other weapons. I recall there was a point in this season where Stafford had a guy in his face the entire game. Not having that much cap space committed to one player could easily help them give Stafford more time.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We also have to recognize that Megatron leaving won't be the only thing that happens to Detriot this offseason. His Cap number this year is $24M. They will get over $11M in space if he retires. That will give them some extra $ to spend on OL or a few other weapons. I recall there was a point in this season where Stafford had a guy in his face the entire game. Not having that much cap space committed to one player could easily help them give Stafford more time.

While I know that there will be multiple sites, quoting different numbers, 2 sites are quoting 33 million under!! If accurate,that's a lot of wiggle room for improvement.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Hopefully this leads to less good players re-signing in Detroit.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good stuff. Lions lose one of the best players they've had in franchise history, and you spin it into a 'cap space' positive. "Yeah, Stafford might have lost the best WR in the NFL, but at least now he has more time to find Lance Moore on that 15-yard dig route!"

Rory got free'd???

This is much bigger news than calvin Johnson retiring.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
CCS found the cap space to afford my services. Trying to wade through some of these Bears threads...haven't made it to the Jay Cutler Pro Bowl thread yet...I see things haven't changed all that much around here.

Someone actually said cutler was the second best QB in the NFC north in that thread. True story.

Welcome back, none the less. Ccs traded like 9 posters for you. You should feel special.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I guess that's one way to increase forum activity, unban forum members what were previously banned.

Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.