Derrick Rose since 2011

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Owners don't really get rich from owning a team. Owners were rich before. Hell, some owners even lose money or barely break even. Remember, owners pay the players salary so I would hope they would make some money too.

They aren't just in it as a hobby. They are in it to make even more money. And in almost every single case, they all make lots more money than they would if they didn't own a pro team. In every major sport.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
By the way I will backtrack here. I was trying to say jersey's aren't the best measuring stick.

Rose still has a lot of popularity in this city. You may not see it so much here on CCS, but you can find it plenty of other places.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Like I said in another thread, some of these guys are just using the contract as a way to continue their anti-Rose agenda on Internet message boards.

They can't criticize him for being out injured, nor can they still criticize him for his bad play early this season which was due to his vision being screwed up.Rose's pay is not coming from their pockets and like you said, JR is extremely happy with the money Rose has made for the Bulls. The contract has been well worth it to JR.

so since you act like youre in the know....is derrick's vision all better now? can we get rid of that excuse finally or are you still going to hang onto it? rose still currently isn't a very good player and when you factor in the contract he is an atrocious player to have on the roster. but I cant expect you to come around and realize that when youre too busy cupping derricks nuts to notice

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so since you act like youre in the know....is derrick's vision all better now? can we get rid of that excuse finally or are you still going to hang onto it? rose still currently isn't a very good player and when you factor in the contract he is an atrocious player to have on the roster. but I cant expect you to come around and realize that when youre too busy cupping derricks nuts to notice
All criticism aside, I do think you can safely say that Rose can see properly now and that he was not seeing properly early in the season. His shooting percentage tells that whole story. But that's about all it impacts.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
All criticism aside, I do think you can safely say that Rose can see properly now and that he was not seeing properly early in the season. His shooting percentage tells that whole story. But that's about all it impacts.

agreed that his vision is fine right now. so when derrick starts shooting like shit again, does that mean Taj got him again? :troll:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
agreed that his vision is fine right now. so when derrick starts shooting like shit again, does that mean Taj got him again? :troll:
We'll know when he puts the mask back on lol

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Aren't you like the biggest Noah fan in the world? How's that working out for you?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Lol ... Dude stop it.

Derrick Rose currently has the 6th most popular selling jersey in the NBA ... and he had the 5th most popular selling jersey last season.

Ok and how does this effect Reinsdorf? In the NBA, unlike the NFL, the money made from jersey sales and other licensed products has been shared equally since the 1995 group licensing agreement was put together by the union. Furthermore, if you don't think Rose's popularity has taken a hit, you're on crack. If you pay attention to local and national media even badly, not to mention random fans, Rose is not as popular as he was before the injury.

Either way, JR would be raking in the dough with or without Rose. Let's not pretend Rose is making JR's life nice and cushy. It's actually quite the opposite as he's been mega wealthy for a long time now and is Rose's boss.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Aren't you like the biggest Noah fan in the world? How's that working out for you?

I mean it sucks he got hurt. bulls aren't playing very well without him now are they?? I think we just saw deandre Jordan own us completely due to the fact we have nobody that can guard him with noah out. we have a losing record since he went down, and our defense has been horrible. so id say its not working out very well for the bulls....me personally ill be fine, thanks for your concern

btw the bulls are 5 - 1 this season when derrick rose does NOT play....coincidence?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
They aren't just in it as a hobby. They are in it to make even more money. And in almost every single case, they all make lots more money than they would if they didn't own a pro team. In every major sport.

Sure but the point is, owners were wealthy and successful before owning teams. Whereas probably 70% of basketball players would be barely making more than minimum wage without the owners. Yes, owners do make money (most of them), but it's not their only saving grace and every boss or owner of a company is seeing a profit. Otherwise, they would be out of business.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
so since you act like youre in the know....is derrick's vision all better now? can we get rid of that excuse finally or are you still going to hang onto it?
I'm not "in the know".

Myself and all other unbiased observers realize that when Derrick Rose's face was broken, he sustained complications to his vision. As his vision has improved, his play has also improved.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Noah can't guard anybody worth a damn anymore. People who still think Noah is this great defender clearly aren't paying attention.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Noah's lateral quickness isn't what it once was. He can't come close to guarding the perimeter like he once did. He's a decent post defender considering there's not many skilled post players anymore. Overall, I think he's about an average defensive center these days. Maybe slightly above. Still a very, very good rebounder though.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You must take a lot of bathroom breaks during games. I see him getting owned in the paint all the time. He gets scored on regularly by above average bigs, and gets out worked for rebounds by younger players... even scrubs.

Noah still has that trademark desire and intensity. What little athletic ability he had is pretty much gone at this point.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You must take a lot of bathroom breaks during games. I see him getting owned in the paint all the time. He gets scored on regularly by above average bigs, and gets out worked for rebounds by younger players... even scrubs.

Noah still has that trademark desire and intensity. What little athletic ability he had is pretty much gone at this point.

His rebounding percentage was the highest of his career. He's still a great rebounder.

And while he's certainly not a defensive stopper in the post, he's no worse than average there. Nothing special. Before he went down with the injury he was getting owned on the perimeter though. I'm not sure if it was rust or what. I'd say he's an average defensive C these days. The problem is, he's more likely to decline than improve but that's a separate issue.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His rebounding percentage was the highest of his career. He's still a great rebounder.

And while he's certainly not a defensive stopper in the post, he's no worse than average there. Nothing special. Before he went down with the injury he was getting owned on the perimeter though. I'm not sure if it was rust or what. I'd say he's an average defensive C these days. The problem is, he's more likely to decline than improve but that's a separate issue.

Don't feed the troll.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bulls are a very popular brand by themselves and Derrick Rose is our most popular player and is well known so it makes sense his jersey sells and if those numbers include worldwide sales then it makes even more sense

but it doesn't exactly mean those ppl buying his jersey are die hard supporters. hell when jersey's were popular i bought a Michael Finley Dallas jersey because it matched my forces.