Derrick Rose since 2011

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Of course we know he signed a 5-year/ $94,000,000+ guaranteed contract extension with the Bulls in 2011. He also signed a 13-year/ $185,000,000 guaranteed shoe contract with Addidas in 2012. His reported net worth is about $70,000,000 to date. So I ran the numbers and discovered something very ironic: Rose has earned exactly $140,000,000 to date from both contracts combined, and has appeared in exactly 140 games during the last five seasons. This means Rose has earned exactly $1,000,000 per game appearance. The Bulls and Addidas must be very pleased with their return on investment...or not.
:obama:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He's doing this for PJ. Leave him alone. It's tough being a professional athlete and in the current economic climate of the United States, these guys are vastly underpaid.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
He's doing this for PJ. Leave him alone. It's tough being a professional athlete and in the current economic climate of the United States, these guys are vastly underpaid.

I hope that was sarcasm.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I hope that was sarcasm.

Of course it is lol

Actually, what's funny (or fucked up) is that most professions are getting paid less over the years. The average starting salaries of even lawyers has gone down. Mostly every field is on a salary decline but one of the safest professions is that of an athlete. As fans and viewers make less and less, they're actually making more. And starting next year, they will be making a LOT more. If you really want to find a recession proof profession, start shooting hoops, practice throwing a tight spiral, or hitting home runs.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Of course it is lol

Actually, what's funny (or fucked up) is that most professions are getting paid less over the years. The average starting salaries of even lawyers has gone down. Mostly every field is on a salary decline but one of the safest professions is that of an athlete. As fans and viewers make less and less, they're actually making more. And starting next year, they will be making a LOT more. If you really want to find a recession proof profession, start shooting hoops, practice throwing a tight spiral, or hitting home runs.

Agreed, it's very fucked up. To make matters worse, the NBA players make a killing from these guaranteed contracts. In contrast, the NFL (which generates the most money) screwed their players with the latest collective bargaining agreement.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose was actually underpaid. Just like all NBA players. The owners are greedy fucks.

Rose has generated more money for Reinsdorf probably fives times over what he has actually gotten paid.

But yeah. Kid tore his ACL, MCL, and MCL again over the course of 5 years. What a bastard.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Derrick Rose was actually underpaid. Just like all NBA players. The owners are greedy fucks.

Rose has generated more money for Reinsdorf probably fives times over what he has actually gotten paid.

But yeah. Kid tore his ACL, MCL, and MCL again over the course of 5 years. What a bastard.

Very true on the underpaid statement. They get inflated contracts but even that is dwarfed in comparison to the owners pay.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Owners don't really get rich from owning a team. Owners were rich before. Hell, some owners even lose money or barely break even. Remember, owners pay the players salary so I would hope they would make some money too.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Owners don't really get rich from owning a team. Owners were rich before. Hell, some owners even lose money or barely break even. Remember, owners pay the players salary so I would hope they would make some money too.

Tom Benson became a billionaire from owning the Saints and the Pelicans. Remember, they were very rich before so they are not in business to not make a fuck ton more.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
It would never work because it's so different, but imagine if team sports were paid like individual sports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GalePayton

Liked Posts:

Like I said in another thread, some of these guys are just using the contract as a way to continue their anti-Rose agenda on Internet message boards.

They can't criticize him for being out injured, nor can they still criticize him for his bad play early this season which was due to his vision being screwed up.

Rose's pay is not coming from their pockets and like you said, JR is extremely happy with the money Rose has made for the Bulls. The contract has been well worth it to JR.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
To be fair, JR was making money before D. Rose. Remember the baby bulls? Yeah....they were selling out every game and didn't have any high priced contracts. Anyway, yes, the contract is a problem when you take into account current and past production for the past 4 years. That said, it's not like it's anyone's fault. But trying to pretend it's not a hindrance because it's not our money is just an extremely poor argument. Also, in no way shape or form has the contract been "well worth it" to JR. That's lunatic talk. Although again to be fair, I believe most of the contract was covered by insurance because Rose missed so much time. But then again, JR has to pay for said insurance.

In the end, JR is so bloody rich, it's not like it's effecting him. But to say its been well worth it is just ignorant homerism. It hasn't been well worth it and the Bulls haven't gotten close to a fair return on their investment. When your star player never plays (up until recently) it effects you on the court and also his popularity has taken a hit over the years which obviously, isn't ideal to anyone in the organization.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
When your star player never plays (up until recently) it effects you on the court and also his popularity has taken a hit over the years which obviously, isn't ideal to anyone in the organization.
Lol ... Dude stop it.

Derrick Rose currently has the 6th most popular selling jersey in the NBA ... and he had the 5th most popular selling jersey last season.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol ... Dude stop it.

Derrick Rose currently has the 6th most popular selling jersey in the NBA ... and he had the 5th most popular selling jersey last season.
Those numbers don't include Bulls fans like myself that don't buy jersey's.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Those numbers don't include Bulls fans like myself that don't buy jersey's.

No shit they dont?

This statement carries no relevance what so ever.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No shit they dont?

This statement carries no relevance what so ever.
Yes it does.. It means all Bulls fans aren't included in jersey numbers, so it doesn't tell the whole story of Rose's popularity. Just means he's the 6th most popular NBA player among jersey buyers.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes it does.. It means all Bulls fans aren't included in jersey numbers, so it doesn't tell the whole story of Rose's popularity. Just means he's the 6th most popular NBA player among jersey buyers.

Rose may not be quite as popular as he was a few years ago, but he is still a very popular player. Regardless about how you feel about him personally, it doesn't change that.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Wow. That makes no sense man.

I don't buy Nike sneakers, so that must mean they're not a popular brand.

:cookiemonster:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wow. That makes no sense man.

I don't buy Nike sneakers, so that must mean they're not a popular brand.
The NBA doesn't list their actual numbers of jerseys sold.

The speculation as to why the NBA is pushing those T-shirt jersey's is because their other jersey's don't sell that well because people don't want to wear sleeveless.