• MJ's Push Off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remember when we were the Chicago Jazz? Pepperidge Farm remembers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Story of his season. Bulls will be fine though.

What constitutes as fine? Getting into the playoffs as a 4th-6th seed and then losing in the 1st or 2nd round? If that's the case, this team will surely be fine. That's pretty much how they've rolled for years now.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
:lmao: Gotta love Jimmy

not really....hes acting like a child again

if that was LeBron instead im sure you'd have some negative remarks

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What constitutes as fine? Getting into the playoffs as a 4th-6th seed and then losing in the 1st or 2nd round? If that's the case, this team will surely be fine. That's pretty much how they've rolled for years now.

God damn the bulls and their perennial playoff births. The WORST!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Rose shot terribly tonight, just like Jimmy shot terribly the prior game against the Clippers.

What's your point?

ha do you really want to compare rose and butler?? I doubt you really do. the point is the bad shooting nights are much more common with derrick

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ha do you really want to compare rose and butler?? I doubt you really do. the point is the bad shooting nights are much more common with derrick
Only if you consider when Derrick couldn't see. Since Christmas (when his sight supposedly got much better) Derrick has had less games shooting under 40% than Jimmy.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Only if you consider when Derrick couldn't see. Since Christmas (when his sight supposedly got much better) Derrick has had less games shooting under 40% than Jimmy.

so in other words....if you take an extremely small sample size....gee impressive

not to mention derrick played in 4 fewer games than jimmy over that span, thus fewer chances to shoot like shit

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so in other words....if you take an extremely small sample size....gee impressive

not to mention derrick played in 4 fewer games than jimmy over that span, thus fewer chances to shoot like shit
Well sure, consider all games played and Derrick has like 5 more games of crap shooting. But if you knew Jimmy had a broken face and couldn't see straight for 2 months, would you still blame him for shooting bad?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
God damn the bulls and their perennial playoff births. The WORST!

The worst no? Exciting? No. But fans are free to have different standards. So sure, they'll be just fine as an early playoff exit. Again. Gotta love re-runs.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well sure, consider all games played and Derrick has like 5 more games of crap shooting. But if you knew Jimmy had a broken face and couldn't see straight for 2 months, would you still blame him for shooting bad?

no that's not what I was pointing out. you said since Xmas derrick has had fewer games shooting under 40%. I pointed out that derrick missed 4 games post Xmas so that's fewer games played than butler over that time period and thus fewer chances to shoot poorly. this has nothing to do with derrick and his PAST eye sight issues since you seem to agree that vision hasn't been an issue since Xmas.

the reality is January was derricks best shooting month in quite sometime at 47% for the month. well, butler is shooting 46% for the entire season, so basically rose's hottest shooting is basically what jimmy averages...there is no comparison between these two players....its quite sad that anyone would even dare try and compare rose to jimmy

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The worst no? Exciting? No. But fans are free to have different standards. So sure, they'll be just fine as an early playoff exit. Again. Gotta love re-runs.

Could be worse, could be missing the playoffs year after year. But hey, bulls fans are amongst the worst in the NBA, so I pretty much expect to hear this kind of drivel.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
no that's not what I was pointing out. you said since Xmas derrick has had fewer games shooting under 40%. I pointed out that derrick missed 4 games post Xmas so that's fewer games played than butler over that time period and thus fewer chances to shoot poorly. this has nothing to do with derrick and his PAST eye sight issues since you seem to agree that vision hasn't been an issue since Xmas.

the reality is January was derricks best shooting month in quite sometime at 47% for the month. well, butler is shooting 46% for the entire season, so basically rose's hottest shooting is basically what jimmy averages...there is no comparison between these two players....its quite sad that anyone would even dare try and compare rose to jimmy
I don't think it's so absurd to question why you bash one player for shooting poorly in one game and defend another who did the same. Sure Jimmy generally shoots better than Rose, however if they're both reasonably healthy, which at this point they are, I see no reason why they both can't shoot somewhere between 45-47%, which in the month of January they both did. The point? Rose is gonna have bad games, it happens to everyone, including Jimmy. Factor in that Rose gets mugged around the rim on a consistent basis and I can be forgiving of a game or two of 6 for 21 shooting because if Rose got the same calls Jimmy does that number would be closer to a better percentage.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Could be worse, could be missing the playoffs year after year. But hey, bulls fans are amongst the worst in the NBA, so I pretty much expect to hear this kind of drivel.
In the NBA, I'd rather them miss the playoffs so they could draft some young talent they desperately need.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In the NBA, I'd rather them miss the playoffs so they could draft some young talent they desperately need.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

But they have snell!!! :troll:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't think it's so absurd to question why you bash one player for shooting poorly in one game and defend another who did the same. Sure Jimmy generally shoots better than Rose, however if they're both reasonably healthy, which at this point they are, I see no reason why they both can't shoot somewhere between 45-47%, which in the month of January they both did. The point? Rose is gonna have bad games, it happens to everyone, including Jimmy. Factor in that Rose gets mugged around the rim on a consistent basis and I can be forgiving of a game or two of 6 for 21 shooting because if Rose got the same calls Jimmy does that number would be closer to a better percentage.

until rose shows he can consistently do that, I have no faith in that becoming a constant thing is where im coming from. you seem to think he can continue to keep it up the rest of the year, I don't. he will regress back to his normal averages just like statistics tend to get back to the mean

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
until rose shows he can consistently do that, I have no faith in that becoming a constant thing is where im coming from. you seem to think he can continue to keep it up the rest of the year, I don't. he will regress back to his normal averages just like statistics tend to get back to the mean
His "normal averages" of what? Career average of 45%? His skewed season average of 41%? His 3pt chucking percentage of 41%? I don't think 45% is a ridiculous proposition given how Rose has played for the entire month of January. But sure, I can see the necessity for a larger sample size.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
His "normal averages" of what? Career average of 45%? His skewed season average of 41%? His 3pt chucking percentage of 41%? I don't think 45% is a ridiculous proposition given how Rose has played for the entire month of January. But sure, I can see the necessity for a larger sample size.

ha I wish he could chuck it from 3 at that rate.

and factoring in past seasons for derrick seems silly at this point...did he used to be a 45% shooter? sure, he also used to be an MVP too...but that was the past and I don't think anyone expects him to get back to that level again

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
ha I wish he could chuck it from 3 at that rate.

and factoring in past seasons for derrick seems silly at this point...did he used to be a 45% shooter? sure, he also used to be an MVP too...but that was the past and I don't think anyone expects him to get back to that level again

Maybe one day he'll get back to Noah's level of play. :pray:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Maybe one day he'll get back to Noah's level of play. :pray:

LOL @ you trolling hard....ill give you a C for effort on this one. but since you seem to be a rose nutt hugger, noah was providing more to the team than rose before he got hurt

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Oh god lol...

The Bulls sell out every game and have for years. But let's just be happy with the status quo because we could be the Kings! Yayyyyy team.

Do you ever have a post with substance? They seem to be mostly about shitty Chicago fans (which is moronic), or how everything is going to be just dandy. Especially when you set the bar so high as getting eliminated in the first two rounds of the playoffs. Weeeeeeee!