Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remember when we were the Chicago Jazz? Pepperidge Farm remembers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
not really....hes acting like a child again

if that was LeBron instead im sure you'd have some negative remarks
Wait a minute. Maybe, just maybe, I found it funny.

Am I supposed to like LeBron James more than Jimmy Buckets on a Chicago Bulls board?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You are just a typical Chicago sports fan pessimist.

You have an entire month of January to look at and see how Rose shot 50% from two point range (47% overall) and made like 95% of his free throws.

For people like you, it is impossible to believe that Rose's vision was actually affecting his shooting. Because that would entail being optimistic.

or maybe just a realist?? was rose's vision bothering him the last couple years too? youre fine with a 1 month sample size to use but me using the last 3 years as my sample size is somehow ridiculous to you? doesn't quite add up brah, sorry

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
or maybe just a realist?? was rose's vision bothering him the last couple years too? youre fine with a 1 month sample size to use but me using the last 3 years as my sample size is somehow ridiculous to you? doesn't quite add up brah, sorry
Nah his shot selection was crap last year and the year before that he played 10 games. If you look at how Derrick is playing, it's definitely conducive to a higher shooting percentage.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Nah his shot selection was crap last year and the year before that he played 10 games. If you look at how Derrick is playing, it's definitely conducive to a higher shooting percentage.

Yeah. He's taking much better shots and this is the quickest and most explosive we've seen him in a long time. I think at the very least, you have to take it as encouraging. I'd still like him to facilitate more because despite what some believe, his lack of assists isn't solely attributed to guys not making shots. It's part of it, but he's not passing and setting guys up enough. Although, I would much rather him score and be aggressive than rack up a ton of assists. It would be nice if he got a consistent 5-6 per game. But he's looked really good lately. If we're going to challenge the Cavs, he needs to continue to improve though. Take it up another notch. I think he can but we'll have to see. Right now, it's really a question of health with him. Can he stay healthy? It's obviously a huge if and time will tell.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

sure....but to act as though derrick is "back" after 1 decent month is silly when that same person critiques me for saying otherwise and going with the larger sample size of a few years. until derrick proves this is who he consistently is then im going to continue to assume he will revert back to the previous few years of his play.

and its not like hes been that great the last month anyways, just his shooting % is up....everything else is down so im not going to get excited over it at this point. if others want to then go right ahead....I wont be getting burned by believing in derrick again that's for sure

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah. He's taking much better shots and this is the quickest and most explosive we've seen him in a long time. I think at the very least, you have to take it as encouraging. I'd still like him to facilitate more because despite what some believe, his lack of assists isn't solely attributed to guys not making shots. It's part of it, but he's not passing and setting guys up enough. Although, I would much rather him score and be aggressive than rack up a ton of assists. It would be nice if he got a consistent 5-6 per game. But he's looked really good lately. If we're going to challenge the Cavs, he needs to continue to improve though. Take it up another notch. I think he can but we'll have to see. Right now, it's really a question of health with him. Can he stay healthy? It's obviously a huge if and time will tell.
All good points. I think he'll find the balance between scoring and passing again soon enough. A lot of this offense is becoming Rose of Butler iso though, so who knows. I think he'll get back up to t 5-6 assists per though.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
not really....hes acting like a child again

if that was LeBron instead im sure you'd have some negative remarks

Seriously?? You try answering questions after your team gave away a game in regulation, when you've played 45 minutes and are physically and emotionally drained. He's not acting like a child. He's acting like a man who's just exhausted and frustrated. He has every right to be. He consistently busts his ass night in and night out, regardless of the opponent, yet the majority of the team loafs around during games and turn it on when they feel like it. The guy is leading the NBA in mpg AGAIN and you're acting like he's a cry baby.

I honestly don't understand any of your criticism or hatred of Butler this year. First you claim he's gone "hollywood" cuz he found a kindred soul who just so happens to be a movie star. Then you rag on him for calling his softer than charmin coach on his bullshit "coaching style" to the media. He had every right to call out Hoiberg but he should've have done it behind closed doors. And now, your calling him a baby cuz he's reaching his breaking point with the team's fucktard performances. I just don't get it man.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Actually, he didn't play much of the last three years. Last year was his first year back and he struggled to get his timing and rhythm back before we learned he needed to sit out another few months.

He had a decent playoffs last year.

Then he had the eye injury that impacted his vision. Which impacted his shooting. Those things are factual. Whether you admit them to yourself or not.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't understand any of your criticism or hatred of Butler this year. First you claim he's gone "hollywood" cuz he found a kindred soul who just so happens to be a movie star. Then you rag on him for calling his softer than charmin coach on his bullshit "coaching style" to the media. He had every right to call out Hoiberg but he should've have done it behind closed doors. And now, your calling him a baby cuz he's reaching his breaking point with the team's fucktard performances. I just don't get it man.

going to a coach that preaches ball movement and asking for more isolation plays doesn't sound like a player with his team in mind....then when things are going bad, publicly throw that coach under the bus...i can't criticize that?

as far as the interview in question its not a big deal but i didn't find it amusing and im positive that yall would have negative things to say if it was LeBron James instead of Butler

but hey thats all nonsense i just have ulterior motive against Butler because hes better than Ben Gordon...oops did i say that out loud? i guess yall got me :eek: (im joking for the folks with broken sarcasm meters)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seriously?? You try answering questions after your team gave away a game in regulation, when you've played 45 minutes and are physically and emotionally drained. He's not acting like a child. He's acting like a man who's just exhausted and frustrated. He has every right to be. He consistently busts his ass night in and night out, regardless of the opponent, yet the majority of the team loafs around during games and turn it on when they feel like it. The guy is leading the NBA in mpg AGAIN and you're acting like he's a cry baby.

Agree. If there was a role model for young high school and college players, Jimmy Butler would be it. When he came into the league he didn't play much and there were people who questioned why he was even drafted. But the guy obviously busted his ass to improve himself in every facet of the game. He is not flashy. He doesn't have the great skill than some do. But what he has is a fire and passion to be great and that includes saying what needs to be said.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
It's a good thing Butler included himself in the group of players Hoiberg needs to hold accountable. Internally, there is some consternation over Butler's emboldened state spilling into selfishness, not to mention puzzlement over his hesitancy to fully embrace Hoiberg's offense.

What would seemingly be an ideal fit for a player as mobile and athletic as Butler has instead led to Butler going to Hoiberg early this season and talking about the need for more touches in the mid-post and on isolations, sources said. When Hoiberg recently confirmed Doug McDermott's assertion that the Bulls started running sets that worked last year, calling plays for Butler was one of the changes.
---

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Agree. If there was a role model for young high school and college players, Jimmy Butler would be it. When he came into the league he didn't play much and there were people who questioned why he was even drafted. But the guy obviously busted his ass to improve himself in every facet of the game. He is not flashy. He doesn't have the great skill than some do. But what he has is a fire and passion to be great and that includes saying what needs to be said.

whats funny is originally my post to diddy was much more long winded

i said Butler's story of being a kid from tomball that had a rough life growing up and how he busted his ass to get where he is had Bulls fans mesmerized which causes them to treat Jimmy as some sort of saint.

i decided i may have been going to far off base with that assertion so i cut my post down to the main point of why i have my gripes against Jimmy Butler. but your post pretty much confirms what i originally said.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I mean...Jimmy does work best in the mid-post and isolations. Low post and the elbow area is where he strives. He really never was big in the transition game which is puzzling because he has the tools for it. He's athletic, strong, and could finish in the paint.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
going to a coach that preaches ball movement and asking for more isolation plays doesn't sound like a player with his team in mind....then when things are going bad, publicly throw that coach under the bus...i can't criticize that?

as far as the interview in question its not a big deal but i didn't find it amusing and im positive that yall would have negative things to say if it was LeBron James instead of Butler

but hey thats all nonsense i just have ulterior motive against Butler because hes better than Ben Gordon...oops did i say that out loud? i guess yall got me :eek: (im joking for the folks with broken sarcasm meters)

If Lebron, Cousins, Kobe...whoever does that....its different. I mean, wasn't Lebron lambasted on this forum for calling a meaningless game in February a "trap game"?

I like Butler a lot...I think everything he is doing is for winning. That is his mindset. He will have to allow himself to be coached though. I think he is doing a great job...he is just frustrated with his team's lack of effort at times on the court.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I mean...Jimmy does work best in the mid-post and isolations. Low post and the elbow area is where he strives. He really never was big in the transition game which is puzzling because he has the tools for it. He's athletic, strong, and could finish in the paint.

as crazy as this sounds if Butler is just an isolation player then it may be best we look at the trade market. he is not even a elite player...we're basically setting ourselves up to be the Atlanta Hawks when Joe Johnson was there

now don't overreact im not calling for it as of now but hes gotta adjust his game for the betterment of the team. Bulls aren't doing jack relying on Jimmy Butler isos.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Actually, he didn't play much of the last three years. Last year was his first year back and he struggled to get his timing and rhythm back before we learned he needed to sit out another few months.

He had a decent playoffs last year.

Then he had the eye injury that impacted his vision. Which impacted his shooting. Those things are factual. Whether you admit them to yourself or not.

that's part of my point dude....thanks for making it for me. I am fully aware of the things that have happened to derrick injury wise and that's one of the reasons im not ready to get any sort of hope up for the guy getting back to being a reliable good player again.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
as crazy as this sounds if Butler is just an isolation player then it may be best we look at the trade market. he is not even a elite player...we're basically setting ourselves up to be the Atlanta Hawks when Joe Johnson was there

now don't overreact im not calling for it as of now but hes gotta adjust his game for the betterment of the team. Bulls aren't doing jack relying on Jimmy Butler isos.

I don't think it's crazy at all. No one on this roster is untouchable. The problem is, you're probably not going to end up better by trading him. The package would have to be unbelievable. Say, an expiring pick, an extremely promising young player, and at least a top 10-15 pick in the draft for the Bulls to even blink. I'd certainly listen to offers for anyone on the roster though.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
that's part of my point dude....thanks for making it for me. I am fully aware of the things that have happened to derrick injury wise and that's one of the reasons im not ready to get any sort of hope up for the guy getting back to being a reliable good player again.

You're the one talking about sample sizes... you are basically arguing against yourself.