Pulled T-Shirts

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Black people are often called 'monkeys' by racists. The shirt featuring a monkey was set to be given away in the first day of black history month, and the NBA is a league filled with a high majority of black athletes.

Was it a planned act of bigotry by the Kings? Obviously not, but it felt insensitive to some of their team and who are they to say that it isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Black people are often called 'monkeys' by racists. The shirt featuring a monkey was set to be given away in the first day of black history month, and the NBA is a league filled with a high majority of black athletes.

Was it a planned act of bigotry by the Kings? Obviously not, but it felt insensitive to some of their team and who are they to say that it isn't.

What he said.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I also thought what Lova Da Bears said. In that respect, it's easy to see why a black person make take offense.

At the same time, the Kings were also trying to celebrate Chinese New Year, which is also the year of the monkey. It's hard to do that in a fun way without including a picture of a monkey. At first, I thought it was maybe a monkey wearing a basketball jersey. That, I can definitely see offending some black people. But then I saw the actual thing

CaKur1yUkAADI1M.jpg

That doesn't look racist one bit. The Kings can't change the fact that Chinese New Years is in the same month as Black History Month. While I can understand, I still think it's a bit of an overreaction

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That doesn't look racist one bit. The Kings can't change the fact that Chinese New Years is in the same month as Black History Month. While I can understand, I still think it's a bit of an overreaction

Yeah, probably is a bit of an overreaction, but we live in the era of overreaction.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Its a little over the top, especially if he saw it. I actually think the shirts are pretty cool. How can they celebrate the Year of the Monkey if depicting a monkey will be considered racist? If we want to get super PC, then Demarcus is discriminating against the Chinese by restricting their right to celebrate.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I also thought what Lova Da Bears said. In that respect, it's easy to see why a black person make take offense.

At the same time, the Kings were also trying to celebrate Chinese New Year, which is also the year of the monkey. It's hard to do that in a fun way without including a picture of a monkey. At first, I thought it was maybe a monkey wearing a basketball jersey. That, I can definitely see offending some black people. But then I saw the actual thing

CaKur1yUkAADI1M.jpg

That's the t shirt?

People got offended at THAT?!?!? .... good lord...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's the t shirt?

People got offended at THAT?!?!? .... good lord...
No no no. The star player of the Kings got offended.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is he not people?

Maybe you're the racist?
He's the one who saw them, voiced his opinion and got them pulled. Most people never saw them.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

OK, I can see it now. I don't agree, but I don't think it's a point worth arguing. Clearly the Kings didn't either.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Not to be insensitive to the people that find the shirt offensive, but I can't agree with them.

I'm perfectly fine with the shirt. It was harmless, IMHO.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am offended that Demarcus was offended

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I say Demarcus is racist for blocking Chinese New Year celebratory apparel. Does that cancel it out?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
[video=youtube;dwFPNVBfbBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwFPNVBfbBY[/video]

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
folks have to stop being so quick to call something racist. when you do that it overshadows the real racial issues and you just look like a complainer. the oscars and a shirt with a monkey on it is so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Regardless of what you personally think about the shirts, having monkey shirts the same day as BHM shirts was just a bad idea.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Regardless of what you personally think about the shirts, having monkey shirts the same day as BHM shirts was just a bad idea.

It's the year of the monkey it can't be helped!