Miller looking for big time pay increase

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like Miller but the man has to stay healthy... He still has not proven that he can play a complete season. Honestly I'd rather have Marty B without broken ribs over Miller any day of the week.
Agreed 100%. Let some other team overpay him.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who isn't looking for a big time pay increase where they work?

Agreed, but in the NFL as well as any organization you have to prove that you can consistently perform at a high level, in the NFL that means performing at a high level and playing the whole season as well. I mean sure you could cite Cutler's contract as highly paid but Miller isn't a QB.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
What a delusional dusche. Go pound sand Miller,

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Give him something with low guarantees otherwise let him go.

No reason to give this guy more than 3yrs/10m with 2.5-3gtd.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

LOL. STFU. Every person here would be trying to milk every last dollar if they were in his shoes. This is most likely his one and only chance at a payday that can set him up for life. I say go get it. (And no, I wouldn't pay him big bucks with his injury history, but someone will)

Madden

Liked Posts:
Anyone else think we're going to draft a TE? I don't see both Bennett and Miller here next year. I think Pace may draft one in the later rounds.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Always liked his potential and was happy to see him come around but nah. His durability and consistency hasn't warranted it. Let Tampa overpay him for a hot streak. I want to keep him but I'm not paying him the average of Bennett's salary. In the league since 2009, 900 yds total. 34 receptions this year which had a ton to do with all our other catchers being down.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He could be worth more than the league minimum, but his inability to stay healthy has to be a red flag.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

176.gif

I know right? How dare he try to take hard earned money out of our pockets just so he can be a little richer!!! What an A-hole!!!

Granted he's just an employee of a corporation, much like many of us, but unlike us he has already suffered multiple injuries on the job that will impact how many years he can earn that type of money and his quality of life after the employer no longer pays him.

Adding to that whatever the team pays one player never really impacts what the fans pay, so when fans get mad about players wanting to be paid it's like the fans are actually getting defensive or over protective about the wealth of the owners, not there own. It's like our personal jealously against millionaires somehow puts us on the side of billionaires...

But yay, screw him. Why can't he just be happy to go out there, risking major injury so I might buy his jersey someday (which would again make the billionaire richer!).

Seriously you idiots that think the players aren't even entitled to ask for more money are probably so close minded you can't even conceptualize what that person is going through.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
As Windy proposed in another thread:
TE Zach Miller 3 years 8 million/2 guaranteed

That's a 2 mill raise over what he made last year (660,000 approx.) and realistically what he is worth. I say give him this big raise. The 5 mill per he is asking for is just a negotiating tactic.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
176.gif

I know right? How dare he try to take hard earned money out of our pockets just so he can be a little richer!!! What an A-hole!!!

Granted he's just an employee of a corporation, much like many of us, but unlike us he has already suffered multiple injuries on the job that will impact how many years he can earn that type of money and his quality of life after the employer no longer pays him.

Adding to that whatever the team pays one player never really impacts what the fans pay, so when fans get mad about players wanting to be paid it's like the fans are actually getting defensive or over protective about the wealth of the owners, not there own. It's like our personal jealously against millionaires somehow puts us on the side of billionaires...

But yay, screw him. Why can't he just be happy to go out there, risking major injury so I might buy his jersey someday (which would again make the billionaire richer!).

Seriously you idiots that think the players aren't even entitled to ask for more money are probably so close minded you can't even conceptualize what that person is going through.
All true but what's his actual worth. He's not asking for workers comp.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Nothing wrong with him shooting for the stars, but LOL if he thinks he'll get anything near $5MM/yr. They guy has been a career journeyman who can't stay healthy. And he's getting old, too. I hope the Bears end up keeping Bennett because there's gonna be a gaping hole at TE if they both leave.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Miller wants 5 million. good for him his job is to make sure his kids live in a nice house and go to college.

The Bears want to pay him 2.5 million.

He ends up making 3.5 million.

That is how a negotiation happens. If some team wants to pay him 5+ then see you later.