Live rich or Die Trying by the FO

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really do not like Boogie. I think he's a great player and at one point I wanted him on the Bulls but he would be extremely, extremely hard to root for. He's a grown child with a low bball IQ. Unbelievably talented though and I'd say a top 10-15 player overall but it would be annoying following the team and having to watch/listen to his antics.

Yeah, but the guy is beasting it in Sacramento right now, but I understand what you mean by his antics. It could get old quick.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Nobody, myself included, hasn't stated the obvious: why would a team trade a guy like Howard for an injured Noah?

It's usually because they really really want to get rid of a player who is a problem to the coach. GM or locker room. Taking on players like that isn't the Bulls style because they don't even want a short term headache.

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are actively pursuing these two deals and Houston is warming up to the idea.

Gar Forman is under alot of heat with the playoffs being out of reach in a few weeks and wants to save himself and Hoiberg

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Bulls are actively pursuing these two deals and Houston is warming up to the idea.

Gar Forman is under alot of heat with the playoffs being out of reach in a few weeks and wants to save himself and Hoiberg
Hey asshole, provide a link.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not a single one of those trades proposed by asshole OP are being discussed.

The only Houston trade I see linked to the Bulls is Gibson for Trevor Ariza. And that was from a month ago.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
ah yes the answer for a team not buying into their coach and giving half ass effort is Dwight Howard

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
ah yes the answer for a team not buying into their coach and giving half ass effort is Dwight Howard

haha very true. at the same time, its a FA year for Dwight, maybe just maybe you would get a motivated and focused Dwight howard for the end of the season/playoffs. but after that id rather let him walk than give him a big contract so he can derp around some more

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
haha very true. at the same time, its a FA year for Dwight, maybe just maybe you would get a motivated and focused Dwight howard for the end of the season/playoffs. but after that id rather let him walk than give him a big contract so he can derp around some more

Bulls can make any move they wish as long as its not resign Gasol for 20m a year

i don't see Dwight changing the culture though

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would be willing to trade the entire roster outside of Butler and Portis.

The charade of this front office trying to pass off this collection of toilet cloggers as a "title" contender is laughable. We have a collection of guys who don't care about playing well as a unit, nobody who can consistently create offense in isolation, Derrick Rose's putrid cap-clogging deal, Noah's corpse, Pau who's already said he's opting out and leaving, a regressing Snell and Mirotic.... outside of Butler and Portis (who foolishly isn't given the green light to start), what should I be enthusiastic about? The Kings first-rounder that we'll end up probably kicking down the road another year because they've went from fringe playoff team to lottery stalwart once again? Meh, I'll pass.

Seriously -- these are the deals I'm looking to make:

Derrick Rose to Brooklyn for Joe Johnson's expiring deal. Brooklyn has mortgaged their future to Boston and aren't going to have their own first rounder until I'm 49-years-old. They desperately need to improve their record so they aren't watching continual Top 5 picks fly out the window to a team who's quietly got an intriguing collection of young talent, a phenomenal young coach and a fan base ready to march towards a deep playoff run. Brooklyn also gets to take a one-year flier on Rose to see if he's worth giving a sizable extension to after the season. And you're acquiring a "star" caliber player to drum up new interest in a roster that's essentially been left for dead.

The Bulls start the tanking process. Look, fans will get pissed. But who cares? This team isn't winning an NBA Championship until you acquire a transcendent talent. As great as Jimmy Butler's ascension to an All-Star has been, he still needs to take one more small step forward to be considered an elite offensive talent. This team will never be able to count on Rose, given the injury history. Ditto for how Noah has been over the past 18 months. So why not clear out nearly $20 million going into the offseason, along with Noah's expiring deal, Pau's option to leave, and Hinrich, Brooks and Moore all coming off the books? As currently constructed, not only is this team not good enough to even contend for an Eastern Conference title, but you've hamstrung yourself from being flexible going into an offseason that'll have a plethora of talent available -- on top of a chance at potentially having two first-round picks? It just doesn't make sense.

Pau Gasol, Taj Gibson and Kirk Hinrich to Boston for David Lee's expiring contract ($15.9MM), Terry Rozier, Tyler Zeller and the Celtics first-round pick in the '16 Draft they'll be receiving from Dallas (Top 7 protected). For Boston -- here's the chance to truly add veteran depth to your frontcourt and give yourself the added depth to help keep yourself at the top of the East with Cleveland and Toronto. Let's face it, this is a team that's starting to figure things out and need to get the young core players a chance to gain playoff experience. In return, the Bulls are clearing out even more cap space and give themselves a chance to give Bobby Portis and Tyler Zeller chances to start. Rozier gives you a cheap, controllable guard off the bench who's seeing zero playing time buried behind Smart, Bradley, etc. Plus, the Bulls snag a potential third first-rounder for their trouble, which they could parlay into a more valuable asset going into a sign-and-trade. Zeller will be a restricted free agent, and at worst, he's a decent backup center who doesn't totally kill you on either end. And with Noah leaving, they need depth at the five.

So -- the Bulls go into the offseason shedding about $36 million with those two deals, snag another first-rounder, a cheap young guard and center, and a chance to truly be flexible and add nice complimentary parts around Jimmy Butler. But.... the front office has zero balls. So doing something logical like clearing out roster log jams, bloated money and unhappy players makes too much sense. I'm sure we'll find a way to magically lure Roy Hibbert and OJ Mayo, which would literally cause my house to burn down.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
JosMin is a name i haven't seen for awhile

i guess you've been busy typing all of that lol j/k

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, but the guy is beasting it in Sacramento right now, but I understand what you mean by his antics. It could get old quick.

There is no way in the wide wide world of sports that he would EVER be traded to Chicago. He is not Reinny's kind of player. The real only guy who could get to Reinny and change his mind on anything was Jordan. Not Phil Jackson. No anyone. Jordan wanted Rodman and convinced Reinny to give the okay to trade for him.

When all of the bullshit is filtered out, the real problem with the Chicago Bulls is Reinny and the putzes that he hires who will say yes sir to everything that he says. THe result is stagnation. The Bulls will not win anything until the guy goes to the millionaire owner hell.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
JosMin is a name i haven't seen for awhile

i guess you've been busy typing all of that lol j/k

Work dude. Work. Finishing up my Rabbit for show season, spending time at the gym -- basically not getting home until 8-9 everyday.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Work dude. Work. Finishing up my Rabbit for show season, spending time at the gym -- basically not getting home until 8-9 everyday.
JosMin???

raw

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey well good to see you. Good write up too.

Doubt any of those trades happen, but its an interesting theory and probably something the Bulls should attempt.

My opinion though is they do nothing and let the team all walk and expire and they'll be in play for 2017 free agency when many stars are free agents (And the NBA is locked out).

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hey well good to see you. Good write up too.

Doubt any of those trades happen, but its an interesting theory and probably something the Bulls should attempt.

My opinion though is they do nothing and let the team all walk and expire and they'll be in play for 2017 free agency when many stars are free agents (And the NBA is locked out).

Like I said -- I wouldn't anticipate a major change in philosophy by the front office or ownership because nobody that's in charge of basketball decisions has a scrotum. Reinsdorf is fine pilfering money from the fan base as long as we can sniff .500. We already shit the bed with Thibs thinking a guy who couldn't beat UAB in the round of 64 was a legitimate NBA coach, so having a pipe dream that we would actually look to start reshaping the roster and get ahead of the curve is just silly.

Still, my point is giving your franchise a way for all these young guys to gain some continuity and figure out who can actually contribute to an NBA roster is key -- look at what Boston is doing. There's reason for optimism. The Bulls have way too many young guys on rookie scale deals to shove out that piss poor starting five and pretend like they can seriously move the needle in the East. Just talking about the Bulls makes me want to eat an entire container of Tums.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Like I said -- I wouldn't anticipate a major change in philosophy by the front office or ownership because nobody that's in charge of basketball decisions has a scrotum. Reinsdorf is fine pilfering money from the fan base as long as we can sniff .500. We already shit the bed with Thibs thinking a guy who couldn't beat UAB in the round of 64 was a legitimate NBA coach, so having a pipe dream that we would actually look to start reshaping the roster and get ahead of the curve is just silly.

Still, my point is giving your franchise a way for all these young guys to gain some continuity and figure out who can actually contribute to an NBA roster is key -- look at what Boston is doing. There's reason for optimism. The Bulls have way too many young guys on rookie scale deals to shove out that piss poor starting five and pretend like they can seriously move the needle in the East. Just talking about the Bulls makes me want to eat an entire container of Tums.
Still think players wore thin on Thibs anyways (I think it was evident last season in the way they played lackadaisical most of the season), and since GarPax had worn thin on Thibs, we all knew what was happening. What we all hoped for didn't happen in which they would hire a coach who could turn it around and be good for the players. Thibs was by no means perfect, he knew how to win in the regular season, but his playoff style is suspect IMO.

Boston has a bright future if they hit on those draft picks they own of Brooklyn's (assuming Brooklyn stays terrible). They can come out with two superstars and then an already loaded roster of starters/role players if they hit on those picks. Boston can also royally fuck it all up lol.

So we'll see what happens. Not much hope in Bulls nation though. And this team is so boring and uninspiring to watch its unbearable right now. I felt the horrible Bulls of 99-03 were more entertaining (abet still terrible) than this team right now.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Still think players wore thin on Thibs anyways (I think it was evident last season in the way they played lackadaisical most of the season), and since GarPax had worn thin on Thibs, we all knew what was happening. What we all hoped for didn't happen in which they would hire a coach who could turn it around and be good for the players. Thibs was by no means perfect, he knew how to win in the regular season, but his playoff style is suspect IMO.

Boston has a bright future if they hit on those draft picks they own of Brooklyn's (assuming Brooklyn stays terrible). They can come out with two superstars and then an already loaded roster of starters/role players if they hit on those picks. Boston can also royally fuck it all up lol.

So we'll see what happens. Not much hope in Bulls nation though. And this team is so boring and uninspiring to watch its unbearable right now. I felt the horrible Bulls of 99-03 were more entertaining (abet still terrible) than this team right now.

Boston is in a position where they can start capitalizing on all the assets they've been stashing for the past three years. Even if they don't feel like risking it by using every pick, they have an opportunity to cash them in on more proven players. Again, if you're taking Boston's three year window or this Bulls squad's three year window... it's not even close.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Boston is in a position where they can start capitalizing on all the assets they've been stashing for the past three years. Even if they don't feel like risking it by using every pick, they have an opportunity to cash them in on more proven players. Again, if you're taking Boston's three year window or this Bulls squad's three year window... it's not even close.
Oh I'm fully on board Boston's plan. I think they'll be a force in 2 years really if they draft well (or trade well). We could probably see an end to LeBron's reign if they do this right.