Trevathan to Chicago?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The safety market this year looks to be a pretty good value. I'd hope we can get a starter that route. I'd much rather get 3 quality starters than throw my cash simply at the biggest need. We need players across the board.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'd be thrilled with Trevathan, Trumaine Johnson, Howard, Iloka. Then let Pace work his magic on vet deals and UDFA.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Trevathon is worth it plus KC will pay Berry but how much? That will set the safety market.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Berry is going to become the highest paid S in the league.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Berry is going to become the highest paid S in the league.

I think he will be even with devin mccourty. Berry does have health issues.as well.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I think he will be even with devin mccourty. Berry does have health issues.as well.

He had an ACL years ago and he just beat the most treatable and beatable cancer there is, I believe. I think his issues are behind him. He's going to get paid especially with the cap going up.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This has the makings of the Michael Bennett situation. Everyone just assumes Trevathan is going to be a Bear because of the great need and the ties to Fox.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For what it is worth Trevathan grades out really well in the advanced analytics and PFF.

He is a true 3 down LB and would instantly stabilize a position where the Bears have NOTHING.

Add that too the fact that the draft class has major ?s and the free agent class kind of sucks and he should be a top target.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
It would be foolhardy to give him that much money given that this team is not just a few pieces away. We are very far away.

And there are probably about 15 linebackers available in free agency who would all be more talented than any ILB we currently have. Trevathan is nice, but we should not be handing the guy a blank check.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This has the makings of the Michael Bennett situation. Everyone just assumes Trevathan is going to be a Bear because of the great need and the ties to Fox.

The difference is I don't think Denver can offer him 1/2 as much as the Bears.

Von
Jackson
Marshall
Osweiler

He is 5th in line more than likely at the extension buffet.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It would be foolhardy to give him that much money given that this team is not just a few pieces away. We are very far away.

And there are probably about 15 linebackers available in free agency who would all be more talented than any ILB we currently have. Trevathan is nice, but we should not be handing the guy a blank check.

We are not talking about just an upgrade.

We are talking about adding a 26 year old up and coming star. Christ Vinny Curry and his 3.5 sacks last season got more than that.

People have to wrap their heads around 8 million being about average for a solid starter.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I'm all in on Trevathan too. We have a ton of cap space so I guess we could front load it a bit more than normal (help me out here lol) but from a playing standpoint, he'd give us the biggest upgrade of any draft pick or FA signing. We have no-one right now!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The difference is I don't think Denver can offer him 1/2 as much as the Bears.

Von
Jackson
Marshall
Osweiler

He is 5th in line more than likely at the extension buffet.
True, but there are 30 other teams he could go to. And a lot he has ties to the coaching staff or front office of more than just the Bears.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ron Burgundy

Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan possibly reveals future with Bears

maxresdefault.jpg

The Denver Broncos are preparing for the biggest game of the season, but one player discussed his future for a brief moment on Wednesday. Inside linebacker Danny Trevathan was asked about his free agent plans after the season and his answer will make Chicago Bears fans happy."Coach Fox is one of the guys that gave me the opportunity to showcase I can fit within the scheme," Trevathan said on Wednesday. "I'm sure it'll be there, I'm sure we'll end up talking, but right now my main focus is this game."That's good news for the Bears who are in desperate need of help at the linebacker position, especially inside. Trevathan was a sixth round pick by the Broncos in the 2012 NFL Draft and spent three seasons under Fox in Denver. The 25-year-old started 15 games for the Broncos this season recording 73 tackles, two interceptions and a touchdown.The Bears will likely be in touch with Trevathan when the free agency period begins on March 12th but for now he's preparing for the chance at winning his first Super Bowl.

More...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears paid 8 million a season for Pernell McPhee who was not a starter in Baltimore and only played about 50% of snaps.

Trevathan is similar in age and upside, but has been a far more productive player.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True, but there are 30 other teams he could go to. And a lot he has ties to the coaching staff or front office of more than just the Bears.

True.

But this is where a couple things come into play for the Bears.

1. Fox brought him into the league, and as a late round pick you don't forget that.

2. Fangio makes his ILBs into stars, the defense is built for them.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
True.

But this is where a couple things come into play for the Bears.

1. Fox brought him into the league, and as a late round pick you don't forget that.

2. Fangio makes his ILBs into stars, the defense is built for them.
Can't argue with that. Just not wanting you guys and myself to get our hopes up.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Honestly, if we don't get this done with everything that's in our favour, something will have gone badly wrong somewhere.