Trevathan to Chicago?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Broncos ILB Danny Trevathan admitted he could "end up talking" to the Bears as a free agent next month.
Trevathan was drafted by now-Bears coach John Fox in Denver. "Coach Fox is one of the guys that gave me the opportunity to showcase I can fit within the scheme," Trevathan said. "I'm sure it'll be there, I'm sure we'll end up talking, but right now my main focus is this game. Whatever happens, happens." Trevathan started every game this season and received strong marks from Pro Football Focus for his run defense and pass coverage. He'll be 26 next month.

sounds like as long as denver doesnt stop him, his first stop is to chicago

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Broncos ILB Danny Trevathan admitted he could "end up talking" to the Bears as a free agent next month.
Trevathan was drafted by now-Bears coach John Fox in Denver. "Coach Fox is one of the guys that gave me the opportunity to showcase I can fit within the scheme," Trevathan said. "I'm sure it'll be there, I'm sure we'll end up talking, but right now my main focus is this game. Whatever happens, happens." Trevathan started every game this season and received strong marks from Pro Football Focus for his run defense and pass coverage. He'll be 26 next month.

sounds like as long as denver doesnt stop him, his first stop is to chicago

If he steps foot in Halas Hall he should leave with a locker, jersey number, and about 40 million over 5 years.

The Bears need him so badly.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
He'll have to arm wrestle Shea for his locker space next season.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
A Step Up.......a priority FA signing....

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I agree that he'd be an immediate upgrade, but I'd also say he'll cost a lot. He's the best ILB availble in a year where the salary cap is expected to go up by large amounts for the next few seasons. He could be a $10M/year type ILB, which I know sounds nuts, but that might just be the cost of bringing him in.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is he really that good? Honest question. Haven't watched him play much. Walterfootball makes it sound like he's the Broncos 2nd best LB after Brandon Masrshall.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is he really that good? Honest question. Haven't watched him play much. Walterfootball makes it sound like he's the Broncos 2nd best LB after Brandon Masrshall.

He's good against the run, and he's pretty good in pass coverage. For the right price, he'd be a solid addition.

Ksap24

Liked Posts:
When we played them Jim Miller said he was one of the best players not named Von Miller on the Broncos

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

He's tough to assess based on the surrounding talent. Just like Seattle players that become FAs how much of their success if their individual skill and how much is it that they are part of a successful unit as a whole.

IMO he's good. Not great, but good. The issue is that there are teams with a lot of cap space and the cap will be going up by large amounts, so he'll get paid big dollars.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's good against the run, and he's pretty good in pass coverage. For the right price, he'd be a solid addition.

For the 8 mil a year Windy wants to give him he'd be one of the top 8 paid ILB in the league. Is he THAT good?