Blackhawks @ Coyotes IGT 2/4 at 8:00 p.m.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've officially become a 100% fan of the 3 on 3. Was afraid that it was going to be a little gimmicky but at the end of the day it is high skilled players versus high skilled players and it is certainly fun to watch. Teams have certainly gotten smarter with their shots, aren't afraid to bring the puck out of the zone, and even use the goalie.

Yeah. Me too. It does really showcase the talents of the better skill players on the ice.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When it comes to the reviews, I have a few issues.

First...last night was bad. In order to reverse a call there needs to be 100%, no doubt about it, clear evidence against the call on the ice...and I didn't see that. I have no issue with the coach review, but feel like there are several ways they can do it better.

First off, and Pat eluded to it last night, the technology the the refs/linesmen use just seems ridiculously stupid. Also, I'd like to see the refs/linesemen taken out of it completely. Leave it up to Toronto. Let the refs/linesemen communicate with Toronto but I'm sure they are more than capable and have much better technology to utilize. You have a group of people up there that know the rules, know hockey, etc and you have to think that a group of individuals is going to do a better job than just one ref who gets the final call and then gets the blame for it the rest of the game.

I thought it was already being decided in Toronto. I guess what your saying makes Q going ballistic more understandable. I couldn't figure out why he going nuts on the Ref when the final decision was coming from the NHL.

Another thing they have to do is reassess the "price" of making a challenge....TO's do not have the same value as they do in the NFL. A more suitable cost would be a "delay of game" minor if the challenge gets denied.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I thought it was already being decided in Toronto. I guess what your saying makes Q going ballistic more understandable. I couldn't figure out why he going nuts on the Ref when the final decision was coming from the NHL.

Another thing they have to do is reassess the "price" of making a challenge....TO's do not have the same value as they do in the NFL. A more suitable cost would be a "delay of game" minor if the challenge gets denied.

normal no-goal or goal video reviews are done by Toronto but for some reason they decided coaches challenge decisions are to be decided by the Ref of that game. It's not sensible.

I'm not big a fan of the 3 on 3 as other people seem to be. But I also never disliked the shootout and have never had an issue with it. I'm glad Toews has figured out to be the 3 on 3 mastermind but the scenarios for other games are far to frustrating defensively to me... It's just full of guys having no clue what to do on the ice and following guys terribly in circles. I wonder if the all-star game would influence that because in short order for that long term action they figured out the easier method is to just play in your Dzone more passive and clog the shooting and passing lanes to get possession that way instead of chasing. Seabrook stuck to that last night when he was around the net despite both forwards being down low and he didn't run out the chase the unmarked player like most times it has been done, instead he broke up the shot attempt when that guy got into a spot to shoot.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's a great idea.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not big a fan of the 3 on 3 as other people seem to be.

I don't like it at all. But, I don't like the NBA, either. I like the team aspect of hockey, not the individual superstar highlight reel aspect that this seems to be promoting. All you see on NHL Network now is highlight reels of the top 10 of this, the top 30 of that. The NBA-ization of the NHL.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't like it at all. But, I don't like the NBA, either. I like the team aspect of hockey, not the individual superstar highlight reel aspect that this seems to be promoting. All you see on NHL Network now is highlight reels of the top 10 of this, the top 30 of that. The NBA-ization of the NHL.

IMOP, the 3 on 3 is everything the NHL was hoping the 4 on 4 would be, but wasn't. Games were dragging on with first the OT and then clean the ice and go to the shootout. The shootout was cute for awhile but once you get past the scorers, it was getting not only boring but in some cases embarrassing. As far as the shootout goes, less is more.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Can't we all just agree to blame Dahlbeck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk