Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sparrow,

Literally everyone you mentioned was signed or drafted pre Fox or Pace. Also, Jeffery didn't have any off the field concerns from what I remember. He gained some weight and some questioned his work ethic, but I think we can dismiss those concerns now.

Can we?? A lot of people say that when Forte made the comment about how players need to learn how to take care of their bodies off the field he was talking to Alshon because Alshon was having so many soft tissue injury problems so Forte was saying he needs to take care of his body off the field.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If we somehow got Bosa i'd lose my mind...

1. Bosa
2. Wentz
3. Tunsil
4. Jack
5. Smith
6. Goff
7. Hargreaves
8. Buckner
9. A Robinson
10. Ramsey
11. Spence

Bosa's little brother Nick Bosa committed to Ohio St yesterday and some are saying he's got a chance of being better than Joey.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The lack of pass rush and burst is a concern.

I don't see burst being an issue and I do agree he doesn't use his hands well, but to me he's an exceptional athlete who many regard as a smart football player. I think he would be an insane NT for a 3-4. He'd hold the point of attach while be able to run down the LOS and make plays on the back side of running plays.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Bosa's little brother Nick Bosa committed to Ohio St yesterday and some are saying he's got a chance of being better than Joey.

All schools think their recruiting class is great largely because that's partially how they market their team. I take that sort of talk with a massive grain of salt.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
RE: A'Shawn Robinson - Many people drop him down their boards becasue the DT group is so stupidly deep. I seriously think there will be a few day one starters in rounds 3-5. Just crazy, but still when looking at how he can impact a game and how important the trench war is he could be an extremely special player.

I agree!!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You must be living in some alternate reality where Jeffery routinely plays 16 games each season. I think Jeffery has had more soft tissue injuries than Mark Prior.
Didn't Jeffrey play in all 32 games that were played between 2013 and 2014?

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
And he missed half of 2012. He missed half of last season with a pulled hamstring...that's almost unprecedented.

All that lack of conditioning made him break his hand in 2012.

Typical Bears not seeing the red flags and taking a chance anyways even though the guy clearly has off the field issues.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
All schools think their recruiting class is great largely because that's partially how they market their team. I take that sort of talk with a massive grain of salt.

I believe in bloodlines and i'll bet this kid is a beast in college like he was in high school. He's a big boy just like his brother to.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I believe in bloodlines and i'll bet this kid is a beast in college like he was in high school. He's a big boy just like his brother to.

I jumped the gun a bit and bought a Cooper Manning jersey... so yeah...

Liked Posts:
I thought all of Jeffery's hamstring pulls and lingering injuries were due to his lack of conditioning...which was the red flag concern about him heading into the NFL draft. I would think if anything, those concerns have been proven correct.

Regardless what you believe about Jeffery...it was still under a different Front office.

nitelife

Liked Posts:
The lack of pass rush and burst is a concern.

As long as the front 3 can control the LOS, plug the run lanes and push back the pocket enough to prevent the QB from stepping up, everything else is a perk

nitelife

Liked Posts:
I think there are 8 blue chip players -

1. Laremy Tunsil
2. Myles Jack
3. Jaylon Smith
4. Ronnie Stanley
5. Jalen Ramsey
6. Joey Bosa
7. DeForest Buckner
8. Vernon Hargreaves

That's in no particular order either. I would be ecstatic if we got any of those 8 players. The other 3 wild cards are the QB's. If we like one that's available you have to take them over any of these guys.

My next 3 if we don't like any of the QB's -

9. A'Shawn Robinson
10. Mackensie Alexander
11. Leonard Floyd

I disagree with there being 8 blue chip players. Only 4 ( your 1,2,3 & 7 ) have a grade higher than 7, and 2 of them have season ending knee injuries.

This isn't the best year for the draft. As Lewis Black once said " I think we should lower our expectations, say about 20%. " Not that we won't have a good draft, just less 20%. This would be like starting the draft in the 2nd round compared to most years.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I disagree with there being 8 blue chip players. Only 4 ( your 1,2,3 & 7 ) have a grade higher than 7, and 2 of them have season ending knee injuries.

This isn't the best year for the draft. As Lewis Black once said " I think we should lower our expectations, say about 20%. " Not that we won't have a good draft, just less 20%. This would be like starting the draft in the 2nd round compared to most years.

I could care less about some grade you are getting from probably nfl.com. Those 8 guys standout to me as immediate impact players at the next level.

As far as injuries are concerned, Jack is going to likely be able to play year 1 and their injuries shouldn't really affect their talent. ACL injuries are no longer career killers.

Liked Posts:
Blue Chip Players IMO:

Smith, Tunsil, Bosa, Stanley, Ramsey, Jack and Spence if character is a non-issue.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I haven't had a chance to really study every one of the prospects yet but a few do stand out, so i'll list a few. We certainly have a lot of needs, without a doubt, and Pace seems like he wants to build this team through the draft, however with a lot of needs and money to spend, free agency and what we do with our money will play a huge role on draft day, will we fill all or at least most our needs in free agency leaving us to be able to draft the best player at each pick, I certainly hope so, but I don't know if thats completely realistic right now. Anyway here goes....

1) Miles Jack, ILB - I am very intrigued by Jack, I know he was injured, but this kid has so much talent and athletic ability, with proper coaching and some experience this kid will be an impact player.

2) Reggie Ragland, ILB - We have a need at ILB, and this guy would certainly fit the bill. From what I have seen and read up on about the kid he could be a very good piece to add to our defense. Like I said we have a major need there right now, barring free agency, and this guy can step in day one and be a starter for us for the forseeable future.

3) Noah Spence, OLB- I really like this kid a lot. I'm definitely not a fan of the 3-4 defense, but reality is this is what we're working with under this regime, and in the 3-4 we need pass rushers. We have McPhee and Young and Houston, and I really like them all, but I don't see us having all these guys next season. McPhee is a mainstay, but Young and Houston could be moved, I fully expect one of them to go, so we'll need some talent added to the OLB/pass rush types. Spence to me is a one man wrecking crew, and like Jack is a impact type player. I don't know if he'd be there in the second round when we pick, and I wouldn't hate it if we got jack with our pick, then traded back into the bottom of the second round to grab Spence. those two would dramatically upgrade the defense and with experience would become all pro type players. I really want Spence to be a Bear this coming season, he and McPhee would be devastating together, add Young coming off the bench to give either a rest in a rotation and these three could wreak complete havoc.

4) A'Shawn Robinson, DE/DT - At some point we need to grab some help for the DLine, be it free agency, the draft, or both. If we add a player, maybe two, in free agency, the need here goes down and we likely won't draft anyone for the DLine until later in the draft, unless someone drops and we get good value in picking them. Anyway, this kid looks like a man among boys on the field. He may not be that impact player so to speak, but he is solid across the board and would be a nice piece to add next to Goldman. These two would be a very solid, and strong duo, hopefully combined with another equally strong DL guy. He's stout against the run, and can push the pocket/rush the passer. He's not gonna be a big sack numbers guy, but he'll get his fair share. But whether we'd draft him within the first 2 rounds depends on what we do in free agency.

5) C. Wentz, QB - we need to get a QB of the future and start grooming him behind Cutler. I like this kid, although his level of competition isn't what you'd like. He has the size, arm strength, vision, and smarts to be a very good QB in the pro's, the real question is will he be there when we pick, and does Pace wanna use our first pick on a QB that will sit for at least a year, when there's clearly gonna be some impact defensive talent on the board when we pick?

6) DeForrest Buckner, DE - This is a big man, with a lot of ability. I don't think he's a game changer though, but he'd be a very solid pick for us if he is the pick. IDK if I'd take him over some of the other guys on this little list. I mean if we could get Jack with our first pick, and Robinson with our second pick, I'd go that route. I wouldn't hate it if Buckner was our first pick though, he will be a solid, strong player for whomever picks him for years to come, but I'd rather have Jack with our first round pick.

A lot of people seem to like Jaylon Smith, I don't really like the guy, but admittedly I'm not a Irish fan so I didn't get to see anything on him but some highlights. His injury seems too serious to me, and I don't think there's anyway at all Pace will take him with our first pick. Not after he drafted White with our first rounder last year and he didn't play a down, I think Pace will stay away from that situation for sure....Now I'm not a professional draft expert by any means and what I posted here is only my impressions, I don't expect everyone will agree with them, and that's fine by me....Truth be told I want us to load up in free agency with Trevathan and Wilkinson, and then add players from there. Then go into the draft with most of our needs covered. Then with our first pick I want us to take Jack, then I want to see Pace get aggressive and trade next years 1st rounder and a third from this year, along with maybe Lamar Houston, and get back into the late first round and draft Spence. in the second draft Robinson, Then just grab the best available guy at each pick regardless of position.

That would be a good offseason to me, adding Wilkinson and Robinson to the DLine, Trevathan and Jack at ILB, Spence to the OLB, plus whomever Pace signs for the secondary. Those five guys alone added to the defense lifts it into a very good, possibly top 10 defense as soon as this coming season.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Move Shaq Lawson up for me. I'm taking him over Robinson and Hargreaves. Watched some games on draft breakdown. The man is a beast. He can do it all. Quick off the line with power in the hands. Has a nice array of moves.

Lawson and Mcphee coming off the edge and setting It? That's scary man.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey look I don't hate Cutler or love him....I'd rather have someone else but I have accepted the fact it aint happening and we aren't drafting a first round QB this year.

So really it almost feels like we cant go wrong with a Defensive pick here. There are a lot of really nice players at positions of need on D so whether they go DLine, LB, or CB we should be pretty good with the pick as long as its one of these top 15 rated players and not some Shea type reach.

Will just depend on what all they address in FA this off season, should paint a pretty clear picture which couple positions they will likely target in round 1 and 2