OT - Which NFL prospects do you just not like

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Some guys get pushed up boards either by position or by certain school bias. Who's is your guys you just don't like? I'll start:

Vernon Hargreaves, CB Florida - He's listed at 5'11, but will probably come in a little shorter than that. He's thought to have 4.4 speed, but he might come in a bit slower than that. His ability to fight for those 50/50 balls also leaves more questions than answers. If he measures in at 5'10 or 5'9 he'll have a lot of trouble against larger NFL caliber Wrs.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Some guys get pushed up boards either by position or by certain school bias. Who's is your guys you just don't like? I'll start:

Vernon Hargreaves, CB Florida - He's listed at 5'11, but will probably come in a little shorter than that. He's thought to have 4.4 speed, but he might come in a bit slower than that. His ability to fight for those 50/50 balls also leaves more questions than answers. If he measures in at 5'10 or 5'9 he'll have a lot of trouble against larger NFL caliber Wrs.

I don't think an inch in height will really matter. I'm more concerned with his wingspan, vertical, and speed. If those things test out well, his technique, instincts, and competitiveness will more than make up for being a bit short.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Robert Nkimdeche and Connor Cook.

Nkimdeche.. He could prove me wrong and change, I just don't think he cares about football and live on the hype for a couple seasons before being forgotten about. I was on his nuts earlier in the season as well.

Cook just doesn't look like he'll ever be a starter in NFL. Fales is probably a better qb... I'd rather see Prescott sit the bench a couple years then give him a chance.

Liked Posts:
QB- Cook and Hackenberg

RB - Henry

OL - not a big fan of Conklin

LB - Ragland as a first rounder. After that I'm chill.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Emmanuel Ogbah- has the size, length, power, some speed, production....but just doesn't do it for me. I don't think he's scheme versatile. And I worry if he has enough next level explosion to be the prototypical 4-3 RDE that he's made out to be. I've seen him compared to guys like Michael Bennett, but I don't think he has enough of what Bennett has that makes him one of the top DL in the league.

Shilique Calhoun- again, looks the part. Long, fast, quick. I've seen him dominate several games, but also watched just as many where I didn't even know he was on the field. Maybe his snap count was too high or he was fighting injuries....but I don't think he takes that next step in the NFL. I'd take him in the 2nd, but wouldn't love the pick and a lot of my board would have to be decimated then. I think he's a mid-to-late 2nd rounder (same as Ogbah actually).

Jayron Kearse- looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Just not as good as he's made out to be based on his looks. Looks like Kam Chancellor, plays like Cam Cameron.

Baylor WR (can't remember his name right now), but he's getting 1st round grades, #2 WR rankings....but I think gimmicky offenses scare me more for WRs than QBs. He ran nothing but WR screens and go routes. I don't think he's even as talented as Kendall Wright who was a 1st round pick, but hasn't lived up to his billing yet.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
QB- Cook and Hackenberg

RB - Henry

OL - not a big fan of Conklin

LB - Ragland as a first rounder. After that I'm chill.

I look at both QBs as 'value plays', not someone to reach for at all.

Henry is a system specific RB. Cowboys with that OL, sure, but they value the RB spot so much they were okay with a underwear/calone thief.

I used to like Conklin, but now I'm starting to see him as a guard only who doesn't bend too well. That scares me.

Ragland will be very solid IMO. Good eyes and played in a pro-ish system.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I don't think an inch in height will really matter. I'm more concerned with his wingspan, vertical, and speed. If those things test out well, his technique, instincts, and competitiveness will more than make up for being a bit short.

At the college level he's been beat deep and lost quite a few jump balls. That worries me. I think his quickness and aggression are exceptional, but it's tough to stay that aggressive when there are so many ways an NFL WR can beat you for a big play (deep or jump ball).

As a prospect I keep comparing him to Chargers CB Jason Verrett. IMO he has worse ball skills than Verrett and let's not forget Verrett went at the bottom of the first round, not the top 10.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
not a big fan of Deforest Buckner....I have a feeling that he'll be a disappointment.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
At the college level he's been beat deep and lost quite a few jump balls. That worries me. I think his quickness and aggression are exceptional, but it's tough to stay that aggressive when there are so many ways an NFL WR can beat you for a big play (deep or jump ball).

As a prospect I keep comparing him to Chargers CB Jason Verrett. IMO he has worse ball skills than Verrett and let's not forget Verrett went at the bottom of the first round, not the top 10.

Honestly I haven't seen that much of him but every corner gets beat deep. Especially if the protection holds up. I think he's undoubtedly a top 15 prospect. I never liked the revis comparisons though.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Last year I hated the early first round OL group as a whole and this year it would be the WR group which is just very weak IMO. Was not a fan of Beasley last year and a similarly hyped but confusing prospect is Myles Jack this year. I like the potential of Jack a lot more than I did Beasley but I have a hard time projecting a player without a true position (the words of his coach) as high as he is currently being touted to go. With that being said if Fangio feels he has a spot for Jack I would be a lot more excited about it than say Beasley last year because he truly is an elite athlete that could turn into a dominant force but there are a lot of if's at play.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I've beating this drum for quite a while. Reggie Ragland primarily because the internet scouting community has him pegged as a possibility to the Bears at the 11h overall slot. Ragland is 6-foot-1 259-pounds, he can't pass rush, he can't cover and he's an average run defender at best.

He's not an athlete and his flaws are covered up b the fact that he had four legitimate NFL worthy defensive linemen playing in front of him at Alabama. He doesn't have any value for his position. There's not one thing about him where you go WOW, that's why that guy is being so highly regarded. There's not one play he's made there's not one bit of ability that he's shown where you come away impressed. Myles Jack is another guy I look at as overrate, but at least you see Jack make the occasional jaw dropping play. Anthony Barr another guy I disliked and consider overrated, at least he was an extremely gifted raw athlete who a tremendous size and speed even if he was a one dimensional rusher who wasn't all that tough. If you were going to mold a 3-4 OLB he would be as tall and as thickly built and athletically gifted as Anthony Barr then you'd probably hire a one one one tutor to push him to become a world class pass rusher ala Von Miller or soon Kahlil Mack.

Ragland is none of these things, he's not a high level athlete, he's not an explosive player, he's not an instinctual player, he's not a tough nor poweful player despite having size that would say he is that.

Yet Ragland persists among many as this top-10 player the Bears should build the future of their defense around.

I'll continue to be the guy who is the loudest most obnoxious critic of Ragland in the room from now until he's drafted or until he begins to correctly slide down draft boards.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of Ragland either. I remember a clemson FB knocking him back about 3 yards on the goal line in the Title Game.

Hackenberg is another prospect I'd stay away from. Inaccurate and inconsistent.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I don't like Michael Cummings, I just don't think he has the size or the skill set to make it in the pros. I may be wrong, but if be willing to put money on it that he'll never become a regular starter in the NFL.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ragland is a layup. Short fat slow linebackers rarely excel.

Roberto Aguayo - He is a player that has been mentioned in as high as the 3nd round. Any GM that drafts a kicker, especially one that has done nothing but gotten less accurate throughout his career, dropping to 36th of kickers with at least 7 FGA's last year, in the first 5 rounds, should be flogged and then fired.

Ronnie Stanley- He just seems too nice. I think he lacks the mean streak needed for the position. I get a Chris Williams vibe from him.

corbi328

Liked Posts:
I agree on Hargreaves. I think he is overrated.

I will add that I don't like Goff. I think he is a product of that Bear Raid system they played at Cal which inflates stats. He played exclusively out of the shot gun and that will require a big adjustment. In games against top competition, he played poorly and turned the ball over a lot.

Liked Posts:
Emmanuel Ogbah- has the size, length, power, some speed, production....but just doesn't do it for me. I don't think he's scheme versatile. And I worry if he has enough next level explosion to be the prototypical 4-3 RDE that he's made out to be. I've seen him compared to guys like Michael Bennett, but I don't think he has enough of what Bennett has that makes him one of the top DL in the league.

Shilique Calhoun- again, looks the part. Long, fast, quick. I've seen him dominate several games, but also watched just as many where I didn't even know he was on the field. Maybe his snap count was too high or he was fighting injuries....but I don't think he takes that next step in the NFL. I'd take him in the 2nd, but wouldn't love the pick and a lot of my board would have to be decimated then. I think he's a mid-to-late 2nd rounder (same as Ogbah actually).

Jayron Kearse- looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Just not as good as he's made out to be based on his looks. Looks like Kam Chancellor, plays like Cam Cameron.

Baylor WR (can't remember his name right now), but he's getting 1st round grades, #2 WR rankings....but I think gimmicky offenses scare me more for WRs than QBs. He ran nothing but WR screens and go routes. I don't think he's even as talented as Kendall Wright who was a 1st round pick, but hasn't lived up to his billing yet.

I'm with you on Calhoun and and Kearse. Forgot about them when making my list.

Bearmacist

Liked Posts:
Love Nkemdiche, not sure why some think he doesn't care about football. Listen to him talk.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Love Nkemdiche, not sure why some think he doesn't care about football. Listen to him talk.

I'm not sure about his love for football but his production just wasn't there for a guy so physically gifted.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cook. Hargreaves is overrated but not a bad prospect.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Connor Cook, how do be with a team that long playing QB and not be voted captain by your teammates. Plus he comes off as an entitled prick at times. Just say no to Cook.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk