Dream draft 3 rounds.

Dabearswinorlose

Liked Posts:
For the bears to really be a better team we need a few good draft picks. Hitting a homerun at 11 won't do much if we miss the rest. What would your dream draft be the first 3 rounds?

I would be happy with a number of scenarios.
But Jaylon Smith at 11
Vernon Butler at #41
And Deiondre Hall in the 3rd would be a dream for me. Basically your building a super defense for 2017 and beyond with those picks.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
I'll wait until after the combine.

Just months ago Connor Cook was a common name brought up at #11.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
1. DE DeForest Buckner
2. ILB Kentrel Brothers
3. OG Landon Turner

Mic drop.

If Buckner is there, I will pinch myself that I'm dreaming. If this is real.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Dream draft?

Jared Goff -QB
Jaylon Smith - ILB
Vernon Butler - DE

A little more realistic dream draft would be like Windy's...

DeForest Buckner - DE
Kentrelll Brothers - ILB
Jordan Jenkins - OLB

ChiBears78

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
Round 1 - QB Paxton Lynch (sit behind Cutler for a year, play for 2017 since playoffs are out of the question in 2016)
Round 2 - LB Jaylon Smith/Noah Spence (maybe injury and off field issues push them down. It is a DREAM afterall)
Round 3 - LB Scooby Wright

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
1.goff

and the rest could play out in any way and i would still be fucking ecstatic.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How would people feel if a strong defensive free agent period was followed by,

1. QB, whichever of the top 3 guys fall.
2. OG, starting RG

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
1) Reggie Ragland

2) Austin Johnson

3) Sebastian Tretola

Dabearswinorlose

Liked Posts:
If it's Goff I'm real happy. I still want to draft defense. Build up our youth. But Goff and a right gaurd would be nice. Then go defense in rounds 3, 4, and 5

Bears27

Liked Posts:
1 - A'Shawn Robinson
2 - Miles Killebrew
3 - Kentrell Brothers

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
1) DeForest Buckner (DE)

2) Jason Spriggs (OT)

3) Darian Thompson (FS)

+ in FA: - Damon 'Snacks' Harrison (NT), Danny Trevathan (ILB), Jeff Allen (RG) and Trumaine Johnson (CB)

Anyone here think we won't be a lot stronger with these 7 players? Remember this is a slight dream but it's far from a completely unrealistic one.

Buckner hopefully provides the inside pass rush alongside Harrison who shuts down the run and Goldman who has the potential to turn into a player who does both. Harrison doesn't cost as much as Malik Jackson or Jaye Howard as he offers no interior pass rush.

Spriggs provides the competition that Leno Jr. needs. One of them is the swing tackle. Allen shores up the RG spot. OL starting and depth issues solved. Will Montgomery resigned on another 1 year vet deal.

Adrian Amos moves to SS to accomodate Thompson who will make the FS spot his own. Amos comes up hard to lay opposition players the FCUK out. Thompson provides the interception threat. Rolle let go.

Trumaine Johnson is a class act. Porter can stay as well but only on the right deal for the Bears.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
1) DeForest Buckner (DE)

2) Jason Spriggs (OT)

3) Darian Thompson (FS)

+ in FA: - Damon 'Snacks' Harrison (NT), Danny Trevathan (ILB), Jeff Allen (RG) and Trumaine Johnson (CB)

Anyone here think we won't be a lot stronger with these 7 players? Remember this is a slight dream but it's far from a completely unrealistic one.

Buckner hopefully provides the inside pass rush alongside Harrison who shuts down the run and Goldman who has the potential to turn into a player who does both. Harrison doesn't cost as much as Malik Jackson or Jaye Howard as he offers no interior pass rush.

Spriggs provides the competition that Leno Jr. needs. One of them is the swing tackle. Allen shores up the RG spot. OL starting and depth issues solved. Will Montgomery resigned on another 1 year vet deal.

Adrian Amos moves to SS to accomodate Thompson who will make the FS spot his own. Amos comes up hard to lay opposition players the FCUK out. Thompson provides the interception threat. Rolle let go.

Trumaine Johnson is a class act. Porter can stay as well but only on the right deal for the Bears.

Bushrod let go. Bennett kept - he'll need to show up this season otherwise otherwise other clubs won't give him his final big deal next season in FA. Miller kept but only if he gets realistic otherwise he can go play in the traffic. Ego Ferguson, Unrein and Gaston DL back ups (Sutton as well possibly but don't mind moving on from him).With Jenkins it really depends on what type of deal he wants. I have no interest in giving him 3-4m a season for 3 years for e.g.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
How would people feel if a strong defensive free agent period was followed by,

1. QB, whichever of the top 3 guys fall.
2. OG, starting RG

I was in this spot for a while, until I realized that there should be several ok OG's available in rd 4. Think I'd nab one of those reasonably priced and serviceable FA OG's and have the 4th rd guy be the developmental back up.
That would free up rd 2 for a BPA play. I think, like last year, we get a guy that we can't believe fell that far.

corbi328

Liked Posts:
Round 1 - DL DeForest Buckner: Best 5 Technique DE addresses a huge need for Bears.
Round 2 - CB William Jackson: Tall, rangy CB with Ball Skills addresses the Bears second biggest need, turnovers. Bears are rumored to be very interested.
Round 3 - S Karl Joseph: Was injured part of last year otherwise this kid may be top safety in the draft. Huge hitter with ball skills.
Round 4 - ILB Beniquez Brown: Super sleeper from Mississippi State. May be better than his better known teammate from last year, Bernard McKinney.

Liked Posts:
So many options it's hard to choose. Mine was 3 straight defensive players, but I wouldn't mind an OL or Goff as well.