Matt Forte still waiting on Bears

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Once he leaves the bears and finds success with another team, the bashing from this fanbase will commence. He wont be remembered for all he's done by many of these fans.

Such is the Chicago sports fan way of life. I am already ashamed of you guys.

We shall see. Heard a similar sentiment about each of the following "coming back to haunt us"". Rex, Olin, Url, Lovie, Hester, Peanut, etc.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Can't believe that everyone would rather concentrate on being gm's and predictors of the future instead of being hopeful fans and looking towards this new season w/optimism that our team will become a playoff or more team this yr. That also means that if it is possible it would mean w/Forte and AJ. Course someone would have to figure out how to get him to not be in love w/ Marshall for that to happen.Which means he would be the mentor for White,and that could be what Pace and Fox will inspire within him!

See ?,That's optimism not hatemism or can't standemism!

Some choose reality and analysis, others choose the fanboy approach. Why judge?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't believe that everyone would rather concentrate on being gm's and predictors of the future instead of being hopeful fans and looking towards this new season w/optimism that our team will become a playoff or more team this yr. That also means that if it is possible it would mean w/Forte and AJ. Course someone would have to figure out how to get him to not be in love w/ Marshall for that to happen.Which means he would be the mentor for White,and that could be what Pace and Fox will inspire within him!

See ?,That's optimism not hatemism or can't standemism!

Ya, that's exactly how GMs think. I didn't know that fans do the hiring and you didn't mention Jay.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Forte wants to return to Chicago because of Cutler....

"If it was up to me, I'd be there already," Forte told CBS Sports Network. "I started my career there and I'd like to finish there. I just want to win at this point. ... I just want to continue my legacy there."

Another big reason why Forte wants to return: Jay Cutler.

Forte was posed a hypothetical scenario in which the Bears and another team offered him the same amount of money. He was then was asked by the NFL Network crew about the role Cutler would play in him coming back to the Bears if that scenario presented itself. This is what he had to say about Cutler:

"He's a huge role. He's been there since my second year. I'm comfortable with him in the backfield. Despite what everybody says about him, I think he's grown a lot as a quarterback and as a person after being married, having kids -- you can't help but grow up. I think he's grown a lot as a quarterback too. ... There's a learning curve if you go to a team and everything's new."

Since Cutler arrived in Chicago in 2009, Forte has been Cutler's security blanket and, in some cases, his favorite target, catching 424 passes and 15 touchdowns. The two also seem to have a healthy relationship (unlike Cutler and Brandon Marshall), evidenced by their quotes after the final game of the 2015 season, which might be their last game together.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-return-to-bears-jay-cutler-plays-a-huge-role

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Forte wants to return to Chicago because of Cutler....

"If it was up to me, I'd be there already," Forte told CBS Sports Network. "I started my career there and I'd like to finish there. I just want to win at this point. ... I just want to continue my legacy there."

Another big reason why Forte wants to return: Jay Cutler.

Forte was posed a hypothetical scenario in which the Bears and another team offered him the same amount of money. He was then was asked by the NFL Network crew about the role Cutler would play in him coming back to the Bears if that scenario presented itself. This is what he had to say about Cutler:

"He's a huge role. He's been there since my second year. I'm comfortable with him in the backfield. Despite what everybody says about him, I think he's grown a lot as a quarterback and as a person after being married, having kids -- you can't help but grow up. I think he's grown a lot as a quarterback too. ... There's a learning curve if you go to a team and everything's new."

Since Cutler arrived in Chicago in 2009, Forte has been Cutler's security blanket and, in some cases, his favorite target, catching 424 passes and 15 touchdowns. The two also seem to have a healthy relationship (unlike Cutler and Brandon Marshall), evidenced by their quotes after the final game of the 2015 season, which might be their last game together.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-return-to-bears-jay-cutler-plays-a-huge-role

Don't tell that to the Marshall fanboys.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte just said on NFL.com he wants to be in Super Bowls...

Safe to say he probably won't resign with Chicago.

If I were him, fuck these guys....not hearing from them this long is embarrassing....this guy is still a top back for 2 years and we won't give him a deal, although it's known you need 2 backs. Don't give me the two young guys shit either...they haven't proven anything yet.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amazing, now we are blaming Cutler fort not resigning Forte yet. The bottom line is for a 30 year old running back the max offer should be 2 years 6 mil. Anything more, let him walk and start rebuilding with younger players.

LMAO at blaming him....I said why get rid of top 10 talent around him ala Forte who still produces, yet keep some overpriced QB that isn't near top 10 in results......but hey you play the blame game....I'll play results. He doesn't produce while everyone being possibly gone and traded have.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We shall see. Heard a similar sentiment about each of the following "coming back to haunt us"". Rex, Olin, Url, Lovie, Hester, Peanut, etc.

Yup because the guys you named were still Top 10, with a couple years of top production....smh

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Yup because the guys you named were still Top 10, with a couple years of top production....smh

I said it because it's true, and all the chicken-little fanboys whimpered upon their release/departure.

You are posting with the mindset of a fanboy. No one is saying Forte is through, let alone sucks. This is business. Given his age, contract, position, carries........he gone. His current and future does not intersect favorably with a shitty team, one that is rebuilding and cannot compete until 2017 at the very earliest, likely 2018.

And who gives a shit, great players come and go all the time, no one is attempting to stop you from wearing his jersey and supporting him next season on a different team.

I support, kind of anyway, the Bears as a team, no fucks given ever about any individual players.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said it because it's true, and all the chicken-little fanboys whimpered upon their release/departure.

You are posting with the mindset of a fanboy. No one is saying Forte is through, let alone sucks. This is business. Given his age, contract, position, carries........he gone. His current and future does not intersect favorably with a shitty team, one that is rebuilding and cannot compete until 2017 at the very earliest, likely 2018.

And who gives a shit, great players come and go all the time, no one is attempting to stop you from wearing his jersey and supporting him next season on a different team.

I support, kind of anyway, the Bears as a team, no fucks given ever about any individual players.

LMAO at ur fanboy bullshit, all the guys you listed were done...none of them with the exception of Tillman could play good and if he stayed here, I wanted him as a mentor and a safety to prolong his career. He didn't want to leave, so bye.

Forte is a top 10 back, with 2-3 years...you understand that right. A back that isn't flashy, but just gains yards and is always at top in most yards from scrimmage(Qbs best friend). Yet somehow it has become let Langford and Carey take the reigns, good players come and go(like our QB position has gone right?)....yeah the same two guys who didn't equal Fortes total combined in rushing , although he missed games.

Maybe that's why this team has been mediocre forever..people have got use to failure and have some bright outlook....I look at results of players....you don't get rid of the best offensive back you got, with 2 to 3 years in his tank of top 10 production, yet keep a higher priced dude that can't produce in the top 15-17 in his position and say "rebuild".

Also I love how people say GM blah blah...what the hell are they doing by saying let Forte walk and hopefully the young guys can take over? If Bennett is released, I'm sure we will hear some other bs about locker room and this and that. Top 10 tight end, we will get another one...oh well.

Like I said if it's rebuild....then draft someone, get rid of these under performing high priced "maybe this year" guys and rebuild. Also don't give me the 13 MIL dead money, when the supposedly would gain 4 MIL in cap space if they outright cut him. If he is the person we keep for the rebuild out of all our offensive talent, then I can only hope our defense becomes great and carries us to playoffs.

Last but not least, Im tired of this "I'm a fan" shit....I have a Bears room, jerseys and a ton of memorabilia of the Bears and worked graveyards just to see their games on TV when it was finally being showed(haven't missed a game since 04). If they come close I go to their games....I'll be in Dallas this year....so the particular player fanboy shit can go to bed....as a fan I like seeing talent on my team...not cut loose, while we keep below average players and hope.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it weren't for Forte, Cutler would have been decapitated years ago. And someone said, "Find success" what? he's been highly successful and will continue to be successful for another 2-3 years. I think his best year(s) are ahead of him.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
If it weren't for Forte, Cutler would have been decapitated years ago. And someone said, "Find success" what? he's been highly successful and will continue to be successful for another 2-3 years. I think his best year(s) are ahead of him.

The crickets away your listing of NFL RBs that have improved AFTER hitting 30.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LMAO at ur fanboy bullshit, all the guys you listed were done...none of them with the exception of Tillman could play good and if he stayed here, I wanted him as a mentor and a safety to prolong his career. He didn't want to leave, so bye.

Forte is a top 10 back, with 2-3 years...you understand that right. A back that isn't flashy, but just gains yards and is always at top in most yards from scrimmage(Qbs best friend). Yet somehow it has become let Langford and Carey take the reigns, good players come and go(like our QB position has gone right?)....yeah the same two guys who didn't equal Fortes total combined in rushing , although he missed games.

Maybe that's why this team has been mediocre forever..people have got use to failure and have some bright outlook....I look at results of players....you don't get rid of the best offensive back you got, with 2 to 3 years in his tank of top 10 production, yet keep a higher priced dude that can't produce in the top 15-17 in his position and say "rebuild".

Also I love how people say GM blah blah...what the hell are they doing by saying let Forte walk and hopefully the young guys can take over? If Bennett is released, I'm sure we will hear some other bs about locker room and this and that. Top 10 tight end, we will get another one...oh well.

Like I said if it's rebuild....then draft someone, get rid of these under performing high priced "maybe this year" guys and rebuild. Also don't give me the 13 MIL dead money, when the supposedly would gain 4 MIL in cap space if they outright cut him. If he is the person we keep for the rebuild out of all our offensive talent, then I can only hope our defense becomes great and carries us to playoffs.

Last but not least, Im tired of this "I'm a fan" shit....I have a Bears room, jerseys and a ton of memorabilia of the Bears and worked graveyards just to see their games on TV when it was finally being showed(haven't missed a game since 04). If they come close I go to their games....I'll be in Dallas this year....so the particular player fanboy shit can go to bed....as a fan I like seeing talent on my team...not cut loose, while we keep below average players and hope.

This was a GREAT POST!

RacerX

Liked Posts:

You are not paying attention. Bears cannot and will not compete next year, and likely the year after. It is a full-ass, uncompromising rebuild.

Bear player over 30 years old? GTFO!!!!!

And, not that it's particularly relevant, but I have never wanted or owned a jersey or single item of memorabilia. I acknowledge you are far more of a fan than I am, but that doesn't mean my assessment is incorrect.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Just so you get it, I never said let him walk. I just gave reasons why I'd understand. I'd be fine with him here at an appropriate price. His best years are definitely not ahead of him. One of his best attributes was breaking off long ones now and then. He lost weight to speed train in the off season and get some of that back. He had 4 runs of 20 yards last year (29th). We can ignore 2014, he was dinged so Jay led us with 3. He had 9 in 2013 (2nd), 6 in 2012 (13), 12 in 2011 (2) , 9, etc etc. His down years were those when he toughed out some leg problem like a real leader.

He's still a good running back but he's never been a power back and the sort of game changing runs that helped make him special have become few and far between. Part of that success was being big enough to break arm tackles while still having the speed to get around the corner. He can no longer have both. He is clearly smaller and less dynamic than a couple years previous. He's worth keeping because a less than elite Forte is still an asset but really, at this point it should be with a rotation in mind and pay commensurate to that. Probably an amount he will not be happy with.

I have no idea wtf Jay Cutler has to do with this and Jay was decapitated years ago. Forte has become a much better blocker in the last few years. Check any efficiency stats from before 2013 and he wont be in the top 1/3 of RBs.

I respect him a lot and thank him for his play and leadership as a Bear whether he continues to be or not.

I guess I'm unusual (ask my wife) for a message board poster. I'm not into this entirely good or entirely bad thing.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
This was a GREAT POST!

No sir, it is not. Can't bitch about continued mediocrity and then pine to hold on to players whose playing trajectory does not intersect with that of the dogshit rebuilding team.