Bulls.com Jimmy Butler injury update - out 3-4 weeks

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Isn't this exactly what Rose said and did after his ACL tear?

I hope Jimmy takes his time and I hope the message board Bulls fans don't turn on him like they did Rose.

I also read in KC's tweets some comments by Jimmy that were veiled shots at the coaching staff again.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Isn't this exactly what Rose said and did after his ACL tear?

I hope Jimmy takes his time and I hope the message board Bulls fans don't turn on him like they did Rose.

I also read in KC's tweets some comments by Jimmy that were veiled shots at the coaching staff again.

Rose took a year off after being cleared to play. Apples to oranges.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose sits out when he is "sore". Butler sits out when he is "injured." Big difference! I am sick of DRose's act. They clearly cannot count on this guy to build a team around like they thought re-injury. He is not nearly the player that he once was and will never be.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Rose took a year off after being cleared to play. Apples to oranges.

Rose tore his acl in the postseason, missed the followin season entirely, and returned the next season.

Your math is agenda driven.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Rose tore his acl in the postseason, missed the followin season entirely, and returned the next season.

Your math is agenda driven.

Your post seems more agenda driven, TBH.

Rose chose not to play after he was cleared to do so. Essentially taking a whole year off by not returning when he could have. No matter how you feel about the situation, those are the facts of the matter. Nothing agenda driven about it.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Your post seems more agenda driven, TBH.

Rose chose not to play after he was cleared to do so. Essentially taking a whole year off by not returning when he could have. No matter how you feel about the situation, those are the facts of the matter. Nothing agenda driven about it.

First of all, the doctor gave him the option of continuing his rehab on the court during games or on the court before/after games. He chose to not finish his rehab during meaningless games. You guys act like he was gonna come back at the end of the season and propel the team to a championship ... lol. The season didn't matter at all.

Secondly, you and others use the term "whole year" out of context, which is why I factually explained the situation above. He was cleared towards the end of one season and returned at the beginning of the following season.

Stop being bitter at another man for making a choice that he felt was best for his overall health. It seems that every thread finds the same posters bringing up Rose's decision during his acl rehab. That's the very definition of an agenda.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
First of all, the doctor gave him the option of continuing his rehab on the court during games or on the court before/after games. He chose to not finish his rehab during meaningless games. You guys act like he was gonna come back at the end of the season and propel the team to a championship ... lol. The season didn't matter at all.

Secondly, you and others use the term "whole year" out of context, which is why I factually explained the situation above. He was cleared towards the end of one season and returned at the beginning of the following season.

Stop being bitter at another man for making a choice that he felt was best for his overall health. It seems that every thread finds the same posters bringing up Rose's decision during his acl rehab. That's the very definition of an agenda.

You're failing to understand. First off, I don't care one way or the other about Rose not coming back after he was cleared. Did I criticize him in my post? You're so defensive about Rose it's weird. You take the littlest comments about Rose and turn them into something they're not. Hopefully you guys are related. Otherwise, I would relax. My point was, instead of Rose coming back in the playoffs, he chose to not come back and take a full off-season to rehab. Those are the facts and that's what Alpha Male eluded to, saying he took a year off after he was cleared. Usually, people refer to NBA seasons as years, so it's not that far off base. It's not a misrepresentation or agenda driven like you're making it out to be. At least not on my end. The fact of the matter is Rose chose not to play after he was cleared by doctors. If you take that as angry or bitter, that's your own weird issue. I didn't criticize him for it. You're just being defensive about people stating the facts and trying to twist it like they're grossly mistaken. Bottom line is, he chose to rehab for a full year or off-season if that makes you feel better, instead of coming back during the playoffs against their biggest rivals when he was cleared to do so. I don't blame him for it nor did I imply I did.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
ive said penalty of times before its not that Rose just decided not to play after he was cleared, it was how he handled it.

first off he refused to say either way if he was coming back or not and then continued to make excuse after excuse on why he hadn't come back and "only god knows" when he'd return

if he would have just came out and said that he wasn't returning and had a legitimate and reasonable reason why i think allot of critics would have been more forgiving of the whole ordeal

also it was a terrible look that Nate was throwing up in trashcans, Deng was hospitalized and Noah was playing on planter whatever the fuck while Rose sat on the sideline healthy "eating candy" (it was actually double bubble)

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

WTF! You just straight made shit up! The doctors cleared Rose to play...how did we find that out? The Bulls told the media! On purpose! Why? Because the team (including coach and players) was anticipating his coming back. He had no choice. There was a plan and when it was time to play, Rose abandoned the plan. Playing was the next step in rehabbing his knee. He looked good in practice...Taj said it, Stacey King said it...then the Bulls stopped them from commenting. The Bulls thought Rose was all in...until he wasn't.

And he was cleared by his own doctor...not the Bulls' doctor.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I will say the Bulls leaking the news may have had to do with the comments Reggie made and possibly so ppl would run out and buy all the playoff tickets...but eventually folks would have wondered why the hell he wasn't being cleared

so the news had to come out at some point

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
And he was cleared by his own doctor...not the Bulls' doctor.
Dr. Cole was a Chicago Bulls doctor, not Derrick Rose doctor. Irregardless, I have posted Dr. Cole's comments before on this website and it backs up everything that I posted Saturday.

Stop being a bitter Rose troll.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also on the topic of Bulls doctors...you guys do know they suck right?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Dr. Cole was a Chicago Bulls doctor, not Derrick Rose doctor. Irregardless, I have posted Dr. Cole's comments before on this website and it backs up everything that I posted Saturday.

Stop being a bitter Rose troll.

Dr. Cole wasn't the only doctor Rose worked with, Rose had his own doctors examine him. Those doctors cleared him to play....and the news leaked from the Bulls organization wasn't from their doctor...it was from Rose's doctor. And "irregardless" of the bullshit you state...Rose was given an opportunity to do things his way...he started lying to the media while the Bulls covered for him so he wouldn't be exposed. His brother's big mouth is obvious evidence that something was awry and Rose was getting bad advice and didn't know how to handle the media concerning this issue.

Stop being a damn idiot.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Also on the topic of Bulls doctors...you guys do know they suck right?

That may be why Rose had his own doctors...who cleared him. He was already practicing in February, the news leaked in March. His doctors had no objection to Rose scrimmaging with the team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That may be why Rose had his own doctors...who cleared him. He was already practicing in February, the news leaked in March. His doctors had no objection to Rose scrimmaging with the team.
Not disagreeing, here's the article that you refer to: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...aiting-dunk-confidently-left-foot-source-says

In March the thinking is basically Rose is a "mental midget" which may probably be true, but knowing people who have torn their ACL, though far from being pro athletes, I can kind of understand being a mental midget in that situation. Imo the issue is more with how that situation was handled more than him missing the season itself.

Just saying as a general statement though, the Bulls' medical staff is pretty awful. Mirotic put up a IG post of him working out his legs with terrible form which apparently is very conducive to injury...you'd think a competent training staff would correct such things.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dr. Cole wasn't the only doctor Rose worked with, Rose had his own doctors examine him. Those doctors cleared him to play....and the news leaked from the Bulls organization wasn't from their doctor...it was from Rose's doctor. And "irregardless" of the bullshit you state...Rose was given an opportunity to do things his way...he started lying to the media while the Bulls covered for him so he wouldn't be exposed. His brother's big mouth is obvious evidence that something was awry and Rose was getting bad advice and didn't know how to handle the media concerning this issue.

Stop being a damn idiot.

THis was the beginning of the end for Rose and a lot of Bulls fans including yours truly. The Bulls needed him and he shit on them after being cleared to play.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:

What is the name of Rose's supposed doctor that the article is referencing?

Who is the source of the article?

Exactly! :smug2:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will say the Bulls leaking the news may have had to do with the comments Reggie made and possibly so ppl would run out and buy all the playoff tickets...but eventually folks would have wondered why the hell he wasn't being cleared

so the news had to come out at some point

I remember that shit. It was like a soap opera. As the Rose Turns? This really turned me off about Rose and convinced me that he is weak minded. It also added to my low opinion about Gar in the way that the Bulls handled the entire media circus. I thought that management should have been straight forward to the media and fans. Something like: Rose has been cleared to play by the doctors and we need him to play. FOrce the guy's hand, in other words. Instead we got this kind of Bullshit from both camps.