OT: Terrell Owens doesn't make Hall of Fame

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I truly believe this is ridiculous. Let's purely look at the numbers first -

- 1078 receptions (6th all time
- 15 934 yards (2nd all time)
- 153 TD's (3rd all time)

Then you look at all his clutch performances. Notably, the winning TD grab in the playoffs for the Niners and one of the best Superbowl performances ever despite having a broken leg.

On the field, there is no other receiver other than Jerry Rice, I would rather have on my team. The off the field stuff has absolutely nothing to do with just how much work and effort this man put into his craft to become one of the greatest players of all time.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will make it. He probably needs the stipend.

But the class he tried to come in with is insane. It's not about him, it about the 6 guys for three spots. 2 QBs. It might take him a few years.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, I agree with the other posters and also its always been how people perceive you. You have a shitty relationship with the media. Its hurts you, just the way it is. Always been that way.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If that's not first ballot production, I don't know what is. Jay Cutler has a better TD-INT ratio than Ken Stabler. Stabler actually threw more picks than TD's.

EDIT: Apparently there is some Seniors committee I wasn't aware of that nominated Stabler.

Still, I would have put him in over Harrison and made him wait.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that's not first ballot production, I don't know what is. Jay Cutler has a better TD-INT ratio than Ken Stabler. Stabler actually threw more picks than TD's.

So... Jay Cutler for HOF? I kid. But, I agree with you. I know it is a tough year to get in, but he is arguably the second best receiver ever. Like SilenceS said, his strained relationship with the media probably hurt him which is a really shitty reason.

Also, why is Tony Dungy a hofer?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, I agree with the other posters and also its always been how people perceive you. You have a shitty relationship with the media. Its hurts you, just the way it is. Always been that way.

Yeah, I think the process humbles some of those guys until they are grateful and truly appreciate the football immortality about to be bestowed. He has a sour relationship with more than just the media, some of those guys who control voting in that sport come from a bygone era and Owens is the poster child of everything wrong with football for them. They will welcome him, but give it a few years to settle into the right class for him at the right time for his ego.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw Kenny Stabler play maybe 40 times and he was no HOF QB.

Tony Dungy in the HOF is a joke. The Colts could have won 3 more SB except that Dungy's mediocre defenses prevented that.

Be older!

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How did Dungy get in?

Seriously though, how did he get in? He was a mediocre head coach. I am failing to see what criteria they used to get him. First African-American head coach to win a super bowl? That all he has going for him. Does this mean Lovie Smith would have gotten in if he won in 06? I think these voters are falling in love with Dungy's inspirational speeches.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First black coach to win a SB and very good record. Pioneered the Tampa-2. Those things hold some weight.

They do but I wouldn't have thought that would have been enough to get into the hall of fame. Maybe I have too high of standards? :yep:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CalNzTgWwAEaUyN.png

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Tony Dungy in the HOF is a complete joke (might be the worst HOF ever). The guy is no more than an average coach that only won one championship and needed Manning. And even that championship, he might of not won if we did not start Grossman.