Windows 10

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
So has anyone upgraded? I upgraded on my laptop first with no problems a while ago, so I went ahead and did it on my desktop, too. Unfortunately, I have an issue. My audio doesn't work after the upgrade. The only way I can fix it is to manually uninstall my speakers, then restart my computer. But I have to do this every time I boot up, which is a pain in the ass. All my drivers are updated. Apparently, this has been a big issue for a lot of people, and I have tried the popular fixes with no success. Anyone else have this problem?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
is it 10 home edition? i know it did, or at least used to, force updates which could in turn fuck up a lot of things.

which i wonder, is that still the case with home edition or did MS cut that shit out? im finally about to build my pc and will go with pro if necessary to avoid the forced updates

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I don't know which edition it is. All I know is that it was a free upgrade.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do a clean install. Its a good idea anyway. Get a usb drive and get windows media creation tool to make a boot drive.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I keep telling it no.... Windows 7 on my personal laptop, Windows 7 on my work laptop.... no problems.

And it keeps popping up "But 21890138902183091283 people have upgraded for FREE!"

And I keep thinking "Yeah and how many of dem regret it?"

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I just bought a new computer with win 10 and they were charging an extra $80 for win 7. I wish I had bought the "upgrade".

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just bought a new computer with win 10 and they were charging an extra $80 for win 7. I wish I had bought the "upgrade".

I have Windows 7 keys off my work MSDN subscription if you want one... my laptop from 2 years ago came with Windows 8 and I just formatted it and installed Windows 7 with one of my keys off the MSDN subscription we have.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Windows 10 isn't great, but I don't mind it that much personally :shrug:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Windows 10 isn't great, but I don't mind it that much personally :shrug:

gDpQVNh.png

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I have Windows 7 keys off my work MSDN subscription if you want one... my laptop from 2 years ago came with Windows 8 and I just formatted it and installed Windows 7 with one of my keys off the MSDN subscription we have.

I appreciate the offer, but I've already gone through the worst part of 10. Now I take Bobby Knights advise and just lay back and enjoy it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I appreciate the offer, but I've already gone through the worst part of 10. Now I take Bobby Knights advise and just lay back and enjoy it.

Np man... FYI Clone has the same MSDN subscription and didn't even off you any keys.... you should help me burn dat heretic

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Np man... FYI Clone has the same MSDN subscription and didn't even off you any keys.... you should help me burn dat heretic
Well forgive me for not wanting to be redundant

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The vast majority of people like win 10. It combines the streamlined backend of win 8 with a UI much closer to win 7. It has also been a near problem free launch, relative to other OS launches.

There is some level of privacy concern, but in terms of function, win 10 has generally been pretty great.

The flipside is that if you have an older machine, especially a laptop, its probable the manufacturer will not be releasing new drivers.

Win 10 does a pretty amazing job at fetching drivers when you do a clean install, but if your manufacturer has not released any win 10 drivers for your machine, you will probably get at least a couple generic drivers installed and that can cause problems sometimes.

I had an interesting experience on my Asus laptop where on the manufacturer site, the drivers have not been updated since 2014. But when I did a clean install of win 10, it downloaded and installed a whole package of drivers directly from asus. It included all the hotkeys and even some of the asus bloatware. So that was pretty cool, tho its sorta bullshit asus does not make them available on their website.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, fyi, if you are switching do the free upgrade first. That registers your machine with MS. After that, you don't need a key anymore. Then download the MS media creation tool and do a clean install.