CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Today we look at Arcade Brewing, out of Chicago. This is a cool brewery that does a lot of work with local artists, especially when it comes to developing bottle art, and designs. A lot of varieties offered by Arcade, and today, I'm currently drinking The Adventures of Dutch Courage. It's an awesome session ale with juniper and lemon peels. A light tasting beer, with a crisp finish. This is the kind of beer you could drink during a very long sitting What's more a cool bottle design for the six pack features a comic strip along the six bottles.

Definitely worth the price at $14.49 for a six pack. Luckily Arcade Brewing is an easy beer to find around the Chicagoland area.

I give it 4.5 Scoots out of 5.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is so expensive for beer. I used to think the craft beer market was a fad and would quickly pass, but it doesn't seem so, at least not yet. Part me screams "It's just beer! A chemical concoction that rapes the land of our water (truth)." Then, the other part of me goes "Yes, come pay $7.50 for a beer that tastes like every other beer! You're making me rich!"

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Sitting at Alter Brewing Company in Downers Grove. 2300 Wisconsin Ave.

Very nice place. Great beer as well.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sitting at Alter Brewing Company in Downers Grove. 2300 Wisconsin Ave.

Very nice place. Great beer as well.
I almost went there today.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
gustavus, have you tried any beers by temperance from evanston?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't had any of the previously mentioned beers. I will say some other Chicago beers that I've had the pleasure of drinking, Pipeworks, Revolution, Haymarket are all better than the goat piss you guys are talking about. :smug2::nelson:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Haven't had any of the previously mentioned beers. I will say some other Chicago beers that I've had the pleasure of drinking, Pipeworks, Revolution, Haymarket are all better than the goat piss you guys are talking about. :smug2::nelson:
Pipeworks is shitty. However, Revolution and Haymarket are solid.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If you think Pipeworks is shitty I have to wonder what kind of beer you like. Pipeworks has multiple top rated beers.

My issue with Pipeworks is this; they spend so much time trying to make the great next beer that they let their standards fall. You mentioned Revolution, and those guys are doing great things with their barrel aged series, but they don't do that at the expense of Anti-Hero.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing with Pipeworks is they are crazy with their attempts at brewing various flavored styles (Pastrami on Rye) and some of them don't turn out to be all that but it still doesn't affect the quality of their top rated beers, the fish series, the Ninja series, Unicorn, the list goes on. The fish series beers( Square Grouper, Spotted Puffer, Crimson Snapper) are so good they are off the shelves within 24 hrs so a lot of people never get to try them.

If you like Anti Hero, definitely try Fist City from Revolution just as good maybe better.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The thing with Pipeworks is they are crazy with their attempts at brewing various flavored styles (Pastrami on Rye) and some of them don't turn out to be all that but it still doesn't affect the quality of their top rated beers, the fish series, the Ninja series, Unicorn, the list goes on. The fish series beers( Square Grouper, Spotted Puffer, Crimson Snapper) are so good they are off the shelves within 24 hrs so a lot of people never get to try them.

If you like Anti Hero, definitely try Fist City from Revolution just as good maybe better.
That' a fair point, and you're right - I've never had the fish series. I've had the Ninja series, and frankly, I think it's a bit overrated.

And yeah, I always have at least a sixer of Anti-Hero or Fist City in my beer fridge. Just two solid beers.

EDIT: Just looked up my Pipework stats, and it appears I've had all of the Abduction series from Pipeworks. Turns out based on what I rated them that I did like those.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd agree on the Ninja series.

The Abduction series is solid but not my favorite style, I like them for a change of pace.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Unicorn also scored pretty high, so maybe I just forgot and I'm full of shit.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
That is so expensive for beer. I used to think the craft beer market was a fad and would quickly pass, but it doesn't seem so, at least not yet. Part me screams "It's just beer! A chemical concoction that rapes the land of our water (truth)." Then, the other part of me goes "Yes, come pay $7.50 for a beer that tastes like every other beer! You're making me rich!"

When you're talking about the piss water that Budweiser and Miller put out, yes it's just beer. I was never much if a beer fan until I expanded my palette. There is definitely garbage beer out there, but there are plenty that are very much worth the price.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nvm

Last edited: