Matt Forte on wanting to return to Bears: Jay Cutler plays 'a huge role'

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Hey, remember when our great o-line gave Cutler so much time that he didn't have to evade pressure. Yeah, me either.

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/watch...ars-at-detroit-lions-week-6-on-nfl-live-1b_4x

Yeah man!! You didn't know cutler spinning away from that lineman on him was because the lines work?!?

Jay sucks. Terrible qb. Not athletic. No arm. Can't pass. etc.

Morons will always hate the guy, bro. Just accept it.btw check your pm box it's filled

Mongo probably watched this play and thought cutler still sucks lol. There is a reason bear fans get laughed at for being morons. Even friends of mine who like other teams say Cutlers actually a legit qb and the fans are dumb to hate on him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah man!! You didn't know cutler spinning away from that lineman on him was because the lines work?!?

Jay sucks. Terrible qb. Not athletic. No arm. Can't pass. etc.

Morons will always hate the guy, bro. Just accept it.btw check your pm box it's filled

Keep fighting the good fight for the perennial loser, desp. You're the hero he needs.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This.

It's pretty amusing to look back at old threads and see guys we've mentioned before as being stop gap guys to Cutler(Fitzpatrick, Palmer etc) go out and produce at Cutler's level for a fraction of the price of produce at near MVP levels for a discount compared to Cutler when they were laughed at during the time when we brought them up. For God sakes last year we had threads questioning if Cam Newton was better than Cutler. You look this year the QB leader board and you see asswipes like Tyrod Taylor, Matt Stafford, Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, Josh McCown all out performing Cutler and Cutler barely outproducing young QB's like Mariota and Bridgewater or on par with the Brian Hoyer's of the world. Cutler's "best year" of his career was good for 17th in the NFL in passer rating. 17th. How would that be "tough" to move on from? Or "tough" to replace?

As recently as 2014 Cutler was barely out producing Mark Sanchez and Kyle Orton yet somehow we still have Bears fans hedging their bets that moving on from Cutler is in any real way "risky" or his production would be "difficult to replace". It's insane.

Haven't you guys noticed that you have already scored a near full victory on the annoying old Cutler debate?

Take a look around. Nobody here even tries to argue that Cutler is good anymore (bimbro doesn't count). I'm not kidding though. Nobody is even trying to argue he is actually good.

The whole conversation has changed. Now, the argument is over whether he is terrible or not. The people you see on here raging in defense of Cutler are really only yelling about how he isn't terrible. lol, how he doesn't completely suck. And how HOLY SHIT he might even be a little bit ABOVE AVERAGE! WOO! And holy fuck, thats good enough to win the SB!

None of which is to say that he is actually good at playing QB.

The "good enough to win the SB" line is especially dumb. Cause all its really saying is that you don't need a good QB to win the SB. Which in turn is equivalent to saying that Cutler isn't fucking good.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Haven't you guys noticed that you have already scored a near full victory on the annoying old Cutler debate?

Take a look around. Nobody here even tries to argue that Cutler is good anymore (bimbro doesn't count). I'm not kidding though. Nobody is even trying to argue he is actually good.

The whole conversation has changed. Now, the argument is over whether he is terrible or not. The people you see on here raging in defense of Cutler are really only yelling about how he isn't terrible. lol, how he doesn't completely suck. And how HOLY SHIT he might even be a little bit ABOVE AVERAGE! WOO! And holy fuck, thats good enough to win the SB!

The "good enough to win the SB" line is especially dumb. Cause all its really saying is that you don't need a good QB to win the SB. Which in turn is equivalent to saying that Cutler isn't fucking good.

He's a good quarterback. You're just really reaching after this season to not see that.

Honesty, what did he do this year that said not a good qb? Seriously? It's mind blowing.

Once again Jay wins. Fox and Pace love the guy

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Manning just proved you can be terrible to win a Superbowl

Think I'll start arguing that Cutler is good too while I'm at it.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jeffery hasn't won either. Can you be the hero he needs plz

The 3 year vet vs the 10 year vet? Really?

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Manning just proved you can be terrible to win a Superbowl

Think I'll start arguing that Cutler is good too while I'm at it.

If you have a historically great defense.

If you look at superbowl winning teams, almost all of them have a QB that is at least above average. Thats why saying "hey, ask Trent dilfer" is so fucking Special person, because he was one of the very few exceptions to that rule. Know why? He had a historically great defense backing him up.

Bears are no where near the level of that 2006 bears defense, let alone this 2015 Broncos defense. They aren't winning a SB with cutler because he would HAVE to have a defense that good. We can't just have a top 10 defense and expect to win with him. Been there, done that, didn't work. He's simply not good enough.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's a good quarterback. You're just really reaching after this season to not see that.

Honesty, what did he do this year that said not a good qb? Seriously? It's mind blowing.

Once again Jay wins. Fox and Pace love the guy

Lose 9 games, and put up near career lows in TDs and yards, all while ranking middle of the pack in passer rating.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lose 9 games, and put up near career lows in TDs and yards, all while ranking middle of the pack in passer rating.

Cutler lost those nine games? This is why I don't take most of you seriously. You try so hard to " win the Cutler argument " that you can't even understand that this is a team sport.

Essentially your argument boils down to this

Cutler is a loser
Cutler sucks

Bravo

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's one fourth of the reasons listed. What about the other three?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

K long sucks as does forte and Jeffery. I concur.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Cutler lost those nine games? This is why I don't take most of you seriously. You try so hard to " win the Cutler argument " that you can't even understand that this is a team sport.

Cutler is a loser
Cutler sucks

Bravo

Lol just don't waste your time. I'm disappointed but had fun this season. Let that bunch waste their time

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Cutler is a loser
Cutler sucks

Bravo

I did not say that he was solely to blame. But the fact remains that he was the Bears starting QB when the bears lost 9 games. Sure, you could say *insert whoever* lost 5 6 7 8 9 games, but did they also have below average stats, on the year AND for their career? Were they also playing the most important position on the football field?

Of course I understand it's a team sport. But your love for cutler blinds you so much that you perceive any criticism of him as someone solely putting the blame on him. It's like I'm only allowed to criticize cutler if I first go through the entire roster and point out why else we suck too. All the other shit that's wrong with the team.

Fucking A, shit is old.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Desp.....post the guys who ranked higher and played better than Jay....that in itself let's you know he is below avg to avg at best

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I did not say that he was solely to blame. But the fact remains that he was the Bears starting QB when the bears lost 9 games. Sure, you could say *insert whoever* lost 5 6 7 8 9 games, but did they also have below average stats, on the year AND for their career? Were they also playing the most important position on the football field?

Of course I understand it's a team sport. But your love for cutler blinds you so much that you perceive any criticism of him as someone solely putting the blame on him. It's like I'm only allowed to criticize cutler if I first go through the entire roster and point out why else we suck too. All the other shit that's wrong with the team.

Fucking A, shit is old.

You understand its a team game but just blamed him for losing nine games.........ok makes sense.

I have zero problem with criticism with Cutler but let's be real here posters like you aren't being objective in the least bit. Its one thing to be seen criticizing and praising other bear players but its not done here. Posters like you call the man names, blame him for all our loses and if anyone mentions anything that goes beyond the warped logic here they are vilified and their reasoning is labeled excuses. No matter if its fact or not if it doesn't put the blame soley on Cutler its an excuse and you are clearly a fanboy if you bring it up

So yeah, I agree it is getting old

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts: