If Buckner is off the Board at #11, Trade Down Scenario with Rams?

corbi328

Liked Posts:
Assuming the ideal defensive players like Buckner and Jack are off the board before the #11 pick and one of the QBs and/or WR LaQuon Treadwell is still on the board at #11, I think the Bears should strongly consider trading back with the Rams who currently hold the #15 pick. The Rams, particularly considering their move to LA, will be looking to make a splashy move in the draft to address their problems on the offensive side of the ball. It's possible that Goff and/or Lynch and Treadwell, the top WR in the draft, will still be on the board when the Bears pick. Considering that the next Tier of DL after Buckner (Robinson, Reed, Bullard, Clark, Rankins etc.. ) are all rated very similarly, the Bears best play might be to auction off the #11 pick to a team like the Rams and slide back a few picks and grab a DL like Robinson or Reed who are likely to sill be on the board at #15. The Rams have 4 of the top #75 picks and therefore the Bears could pick up an extra second or third round pick for making a slight move back and grabbing the same player they probably would have drafted at #11.

The more I think about the draft, the more likely I think this scenario becomes. What do you guys think?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Trade down threads aren't welcomed here, just a forewarning. I'm fine with BPA there, especially if its a QB.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
If Goff slips to us(No chance), Pace would be remiss in his duties to not snatch him up.

If Pace decides no QB is worth it if someone does slip to us I'm fine with the Bears holding some team for hostage that wants to give up stuff to get a QB that bad. Just depends on where the Bears rate guys. NFL is a copycat league so someone could slip a little bit(I'm thinking Wentz if anybody) if there is an early run on defensive studs.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If the Rams wants Treadwell.....why wouldn't they just stay at 15? The Bears, Raiders, Eagles, and Saints aren't likely to take a WR in the 1st. Saints would be most likely, and they need a lot of defensive help. Bears and Raiders each took WR in the 1st last year.

The only chance of a trade down is if a QB is there that the Rams like. And if a QB is there that the Rams like, the Bears should probably like him too, enough to pick him themselves.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Goff is overrated he is a back-up QB let Cleveland or SF or Dallas grab him. I am ok with a trade down but I think a qb in the first is stupid when its obvious that the team is moving forward with Cutler for now.

Pace has asked Cutler how he would feel if the Bears drafted a QB. The Bears were also said to covet Mariota last year, but by combine and pro-day he had cemented himself as #1 overall. Agreed that the QB's in this draft are weaker than in years past, but I disagree with you on Goff. Sans his arm strength the measurables and intangibles are as good as any top QB prospect that I've seen over the years. Get him on an HGH cycle and you should be good to go.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's our first "Trade Down Clown" thread of the year. Congrats!!!!!!!

Can we trade down the OP? I'll accept a diet sprite as consolidation.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Pace has asked Cutler how he would feel if the Bears drafted a QB. The Bears were also said to covet Mariota last year, but by combine and pro-day he had cemented himself as #1 overall. Agreed that the QB's in this draft are weaker than in years past, but I disagree with you on Goff. Sans his arm strength the measurables and intangibles are as good as any top QB prospect that I've seen over the years. Get him on an HGH cycle and you should be good to go.
Goff is no Mariota if Goff came out last year he would be a second or third round pick because this year is weak for QB. and if you need to get him on hgh to justify his talent then its pointless to even go any further with this

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
All aboard the Trade Down Clown Car"

clown-car.jpg

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Without knowing what the Bears draft board looks like, who's available and what you'd get back in a trade I think trading back is a real super idea!!!

343.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Assuming the ideal defensive players like Buckner and Jack are off the board before the #11 pick and one of the QBs and/or WR LaQuon Treadwell is still on the board at #11, I think the Bears should strongly consider trading back with the Rams who currently hold the #15 pick. The Rams, particularly considering their move to LA, will be looking to make a splashy move in the draft to address their problems on the offensive side of the ball. It's possible that Goff and/or Lynch and Treadwell, the top WR in the draft, will still be on the board when the Bears pick. Considering that the next Tier of DL after Buckner (Robinson, Reed, Bullard, Clark, Rankins etc.. ) are all rated very similarly, the Bears best play might be to auction off the #11 pick to a team like the Rams and slide back a few picks and grab a DL like Robinson or Reed who are likely to sill be on the board at #15. The Rams have 4 of the top #75 picks and therefore the Bears could pick up an extra second or third round pick for making a slight move back and grabbing the same player they probably would have drafted at #11.

The more I think about the draft, the more likely I think this scenario becomes. What do you guys think?

1. Trade downs are super uncommon.

2. The last time the Bears traded down, or up, in the 1st round I believe was a decade ago.

3. They should take the QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Goff is no Mariota if Goff came out last year he would be a second or third round pick because this year is weak for QB. and if you need to get him on hgh to justify his talent then its pointless to even go any further with this

Because a non option QB with a lot of picks would never go early?
jameis-winston.jpg

To be clear, Goff has a 3.3/1 TD/INT ratio with an over 160 passer rating so the comparison is unfair....to Goff. to be fair Winston was a better overall prospect and Goff's lack of bulk will drop him a bit but have you seen the guy that just won the SB?

Dabearswinorlose

Liked Posts:
I would be OK with a trade down if someone falls in love with a prospect and wants to overpay for him.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

How is he not even a Mariota? Because people expected a guy running basically a HS offense to have so much success in the NFL right? Mariota had no control over the offense, and it was a fairly simplistic scheme. I would love to see what people were saying about him prior to NFL(and also Bridgewater for that matter).

And I was kidding about the HGH thing, but he does need to hit the weight room.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last years draft, 2 trade downs in the first round, one mid round, one at the end. 49'rs and San Diego traded a few spots (literally like 2 spots of each other) and Detroit with Denver a bit later. Pretty hard to bank on a trade down.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Well, isn't your comment all high and mighty...

Maybe we can trade your comment down to two more value focused comments. Maybe throw in a conditional high comment for next year?
nope