Sharks @ Blackhawks IGT 2/9 at 7:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
shorks-o.gif

27-20-4, 58 points, 5th place in Western Conference

@

giphy.gif

36-16-4, 76 points, 1st place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 7:30 p.m.
TV - CSN Chicago
Radio - WGN AM 720

It's crazy how much of gap there is between first and fifth in the Western Conference. Eighteen points? Yeah, I think the Hawks are locked into the top four this year for sure. San Jose is the opponent tonight, winners of only one game during the Sharks current 4-game road trip, which ends tonight. That includes a 6-2 beatdown at the hands of the Predators on Saturday night. Perhaps a few quick goals will have the Sharks more concerned with the flight home than the game in front of them? Let's find out. Four is better than three.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Panarin is a GTD after missing the morning skate due to illness.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Assuming Panarin skates, you can file the lineup under "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Shaw-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Desjardins-Danault-Teravainen
Mashinter-Rasmussen-Panik

Sekac out. D pairings the same. Crawford in net.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just win

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kings-Sharks-Mascot3498.gif

SharkerMan's real identity is peter parker.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking forward to the usually chippy game against the Sharts.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Looking forward to the usually chippy game against the Sharts.

we've been their daddy since sweeping them in 2010

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yikes. Some real sloppy play so far in this one. The old trap home game after the trip thing in full force.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
This game had Carolina Hurricanes from late December written all over it.
Which means the Blackhawks are ready to go on a tear again.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Clearly Panarin is the key to this team's success

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Quenneville's thoughts on the disallowed goal: displeased.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kind of a disturbing trend in the NHL...scoring a goal is now as murky as making a catch in the NFL. Funny at how these goals are being disallowed this year considering the chronic goalie interference the Ducks got away with in last year's playoff series.

The Hossa goal didn't burn the Hawks, but this takeaway last night cost them at least one point, and probably two points, considering the Hawks record when they score first. Nice that 41 different NHL referees, and their different opinions on what constitutes goalie interference, are reviewing goals on Droids, instead of having the same group that's in Toronto every night do it, which would lead to more consistency in their calls.

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Does Hossa now lead the league in goals disallowed?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hossa goal didn't burn the Hawks, but this takeaway last night cost them at least one point, and probably two points, considering the Hawks record when they score first. Nice that 41 different NHL referees, and their different opinions on what constitutes goalie interference, are reviewing goals on Droids, instead of having the same group that's in Toronto every night do it, which would lead to more consistency in their calls.
I disagree. When the totality of our O is Mashinter, you're not going to win many games. Putside of Crawford's .960 night, Mash's non-goal, and a great D outing by Rosie this game was really Meh.

I do agree that the goaltender interference calls are getting recockulous and that goalies are starting to be as coddled and protected as your average NFL quarterback. Being pushed into, and brushing a goalie should never take the goal away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Kind of a disturbing trend in the NHL...scoring a goal is now as murky as making a catch in the NFL. Funny at how these goals are being disallowed this year considering the chronic goalie interference the Ducks got away with in last year's playoff series.

Yeah, I saw a LOT of people making this comparison on Twitter last night. Seems like these calls are getting too loud for the NHL to ignore anymore and I wonder if this offseason leads to a significant revision of the rule in the offseason. And God help the league if one of these goal/no goal calls decides a playoff series this year.