Time to Trade Teuvo

PapaMammoo

Liked Posts:
If Teuvo had Andrew Shaw's heart, he,d be a superstar...unfortunately he doesn't and he'll never realize his potential. I hope GM Bowman entertains requests as the trading deadline approaches.

Tonight Teravainen had the puck in a two on zero situation and passed off (a bad pass at that)! I don't understand that mentality.

GO HAWKS! :blackhawks:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Da fuq is Teavo?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tivo? like the robot that records TV shows? Yeah I would trade that and just go with a DVR from your cable provider.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
confused-animated-clipart-1.jpg

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I'd certainly entertain it if it were a move for the future (Drouin, vet with a quality contract) but not a rental. I've been on record as to not being a big TT fan like others on here. Great skill but he just doesn't have the full package. I really don't know if he is ever going to become that top 6 player that people think he can be. Consistency, not going to the tough areas, size, are all working against him at the time being. Still real young and has that top end talent so I certainly wouldn't simply trade him to trade him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I would like to know what Teuvo did to Edzo that has him railing on every Teuvo mistake during the broadcast.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meh, Shaw was lukewarm anal seepage last night--moreso than the rest of the team.

T²? Let's just say I'm less worried about 2018 and all of the resigning that year. He's not been lighting it up.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd certainly entertain it if it were a move for the future (Drouin, vet with a quality contract) but not a rental. I've been on record as to not being a big TT fan like others on here. Great skill but he just doesn't have the full package. I really don't know if he is ever going to become that top 6 player that people think he can be. Consistency, not going to the tough areas, size, are all working against him at the time being. Still real young and has that top end talent so I certainly wouldn't simply trade him to trade him.

Those are my thoughts on him too, very soft player. I wouldn't trade either though "just because", but if the right offer came along...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Get Teuvo on a line where he's the RW with players who know how to play offense.

Marian Hossa is not going to be a Top 6 player for much longer. Hell, he may not even be one right now. Someone needs to fill that spot at RW.

This guy also plays on the PK and the PP for the Hawks. How many other 21-year-olds do this?

Even using the word "trade" in the same sentence as Teuvo feels misguided to me.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Get Teuvo on a line where he's the RW with players who know how to play offense.

Marian Hossa is not going to be a Top 6 player for much longer. Hell, he may not even be one right now. Someone needs to fill that spot at RW.

This guy also plays on the PK and the PP for the Hawks. How many other 21-year-olds do this?

Even using the word "trade" in the same sentence as Teuvo feels misguided to me.

Problem is, TT doesn't deserve a chance as a top 6 RW as of right now, certainly not over Hossa/Kane. He has been given opportunities as a LW/C in the top 6 throughout the year and he has never taken advantage of it for more than a game. It is more than a position issue with TT, it is an overall hockey issue for why he isn't there right now. Slot Kane/Hossa to the LW and they are still going to be effective and earn the top 6 spots even though they have played their entire career as a RW. TT has to make the best of the 3RW position and force the issue for Q - which he hasn't done this year.

Anyone that is a Blackhawks fan is rooting for him to reach that potential that people talk about...I just don't see it happening.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Are you Edzo?

Teuvo has never gotten a fair shake at C. With Toews/Anisimov/Danault/Kruger down the middle, his future, at least with this team, isn't there. He was given a shot on the top line at LW, which is not the side where he's better, and it didn't work out.

Yeah, Kane and Hossa might be better on the LW. Both of those guys are going into the Hall of Fame when they retire. Forgive a 21-year-old for not reaching that level yet.

And he doesn't deserve a shot in the top 6? Why the fuck does that make a difference? It's not like Shaw was tearing it up before he was bumped up to the top line. Q was just looking for a spark there and found one.

I say again: Marian Hossa is not going to be a Top 6 player much longer. The Hawks will need someone to fill a 1 or 2 RW spot when that happens. Teuvo Teravainen is the only guy under Blackhawks control who can handle that role right now.

Holy fuck, this is Teuvo's first full season in the NHL and he's on pace for about 40 points. He's 21 years old and he's playing at 5-on-5, on the PK, and on the PP. When was the last time a 21-year-old not named Saad or Toews was doing that in Chicago?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Marian Hossa is not going to be a Top 6 player for much longer. Hell, he may not even be one right now.

You take that back!! You take it back now...........or else.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
For the record: not trashing Hossa here. Just the realities of a 37-year-old forward playing his 19th season in the NHL.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the record: not trashing Hossa here. Just the realities of a 37-year-old forward playing his 19th season in the NHL.

Yeah, but the guy still brings it.
37 years old with two fused vertebra, and he still out-hustles and out-works most yewts in the league.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Are you Edzo?

Teuvo has never gotten a fair shake at C. With Toews/Anisimov/Danault/Kruger down the middle, his future, at least with this team, isn't there. He was given a shot on the top line at LW, which is not the side where he's better, and it didn't work out.

Yeah, Kane and Hossa might be better on the LW. Both of those guys are going into the Hall of Fame when they retire. Forgive a 21-year-old for not reaching that level yet.

And he doesn't deserve a shot in the top 6? Why the fuck does that make a difference? It's not like Shaw was tearing it up before he was bumped up to the top line. Q was just looking for a spark there and found one.

I say again: Marian Hossa is not going to be a Top 6 player much longer. The Hawks will need someone to fill a 1 or 2 RW spot when that happens. Teuvo Teravainen is the only guy under Blackhawks control who can handle that role right now.

Holy fuck, this is Teuvo's first full season in the NHL and he's on pace for about 40 points. He's 21 years old and he's playing at 5-on-5, on the PK, and on the PP. When was the last time a 21-year-old not named Saad or Toews was doing that in Chicago?

Take a deep breath there. I realize you are a TT fanboy and whatever I say is likely going in one ear and out the other, but he just simply isn't getting the job done for the large majority of the season. I think he is a NHL player and certainly don't think that he should be sent to the AHL but he needs to step it up. He has a future in this league and certainly the skill to play here.

TT can't handle the center position at the NHL level...I've been saying it since he was drafted and said it right away when AA was traded for. He doesn't have the size or the want to get it done at the NHL level at the current time. TT shouldn't have that difficult of a time going from RW to LW - yes it is a difference but that isn't what is holding him back from being in the top 6. I think most realize that Hossa isn't going to be around forever but TT isn't the answer right now and I don't know if he will be. Yes, TT does put up points (because of that great skill) but he disappears for long stretches in games and throughout the season.

At the end of the day, if TT plays better then the Blackhawks will be a better team. I'm all for that scenario. I wouldn't rule out a trade though considering I don't see a spot for him in the top 6 anytime soon and if you can get a 1LW out of him (even if 6+ years older) then I'd be all for it.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but the guy still brings it.
37 years old with two fused vertebra, and he still out-hustles and out-works most yewts in the league.

Oh, certainly. Not like there's shame in being on the third line for a Cup-winning team, though. Sharp was on the Hawks third line last year. I think he was quite pleased by mid-June.

I'm not saying it needs to happen tomorrow or in this postseason -- although I'd certainly be interested in how it would look. But Hossa coming out of the top 6 is probably going to happen in the next 1-2 seasons.