Time to Trade Teuvo

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, certainly. Not like there's shame in being on the third line for a Cup-winning team, though. Sharp was on the Hawks third line last year. I think he was quite pleased by mid-June.

I'm not saying it needs to happen tomorrow or in this postseason -- although I'd certainly be interested in how it would look. But Hossa coming out of the top 6 is probably going to happen in the next 1-2 seasons.

Probably, depending on who they get to replace him. But he'll still be kicking as on the PK and maybe on the point on the PP.

Yeah, I'm a HUGE Hoss fan and I don't hide it well. :beerbang:

PapaMammoo

Liked Posts:
HW,

Thank you for the thoughtful answer!

I agree with you, I would hope the Hawks would obtain a useful player for the long term.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If trading TT makes the team better you do it. Having said that I would be as thrilled about that trade as I was about Saad getting traded.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If trading TT makes the team better you do it. Having said that I would be as thrilled about that trade as I was about Saad getting traded.

Absolutely. I just don't see many other teams offering up a 21-year-old player who's still got one more left on his ELC that has the potential to be a future top 6 player. I don't think it makes much sense to trade him from a hockey perspective, and I really don't think it makes any sense from a financial perspective.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Absolutely. I just don't see many other teams offering up a 21-year-old player who's still got one more left on his ELC that has the potential to be a future top 6 player. I don't think it makes much sense to trade him from a hockey perspective, and I really don't think it makes any sense from a financial perspective.

Yeah, get you mind out of the gutter. Hands off my little Cherup all time is fappening time with finish magic sauce.

Smart stick, skilled stick, good skater, makes up for his weaknesses by creating turnovers and understanding where he is supposed to be, has a variety of unpredictable moves that make him another piece of pressure in the Hawks lineup. Might be the fourth best creator on the team after Kane, Keith, Panarin.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At 21...he's playing PP, PK and 3rd line. That's 21 years old....so let's trade him for some guy heading towards the back end of his career...always a "great" idea to age your team while adding a short term asset. He obviously has gained Q's trust which is good enough for me and should be good enough for everyone else.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
If Teuvo had Andrew Shaw's heart, he,d be a superstar...unfortunately he doesn't and he'll never realize his potential. I hope GM Bowman entertains requests as the trading deadline approaches.

Tonight Teravainen had the puck in a two on zero situation and passed off (a bad pass at that)! I don't understand that mentality.

GO HAWKS! :blackhawks:

Yes, let's trade Teravainan because no incredibly talented 21 year old player with barely one season worth of NHL experience ever improves. Fucking brilliant.

I have some related questions: Were you dropped on your head from a significant height as a child? Or possibly used as an impromptu basketball? Maybe an ad-hoc stepping stool for those hard-to-reach cabinets?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Get Teuvo on a line where he's the RW with players who know how to play offense.

Marian Hossa is not going to be a Top 6 player for much longer. Hell, he may not even be one right now. Someone needs to fill that spot at RW.

This guy also plays on the PK and the PP for the Hawks. How many other 21-year-olds do this?

Even using the word "trade" in the same sentence as Teuvo feels misguided to me.

This.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At 21...he's playing PP, PK and 3rd line. That's 21 years old....so let's trade him for some guy heading towards the back end of his career...always a "great" idea to age your team while adding a short term asset. He obviously has gained Q's trust which is good enough for me and should be good enough for everyone else.

Who said anything about getting an a over the hill replacement for him?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who said anything about getting an a over the hill replacement for him?

Unless there's an injury, they can't take on anyone good because of the cap....TT's contract is under a mill. Why would they trade a promising kid for another young kid? Back end guy with low cap number or picks are the only options. So basically, there is no option.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...TT plays the system like its second nature, has a high skill level to grease the other wheels around him and not hold back others on this team as just any clunky stick does. (Scuderi)

The post above says everything necessary. It makes no team sense unless we were blowing up to prepare for 2018 and it doesn't look that way.

I'm worried about where the team is right now. The first line has to elevate its play at will for us to compete with the best, something Toews and Hossa have been able to do and this should be another cup run with a dangerous Hossa in tow.

Our defense is playing so well, and we have the one line. Crawford is the best he has ever looked. We just need to piece together a third line that contributes, a first line that leads in +-, and a fourth line that shuts down.

I don't understand the Sekac-TT-Panik line. I want Dano and Bickell. I think they are better than Panik, Sekac, Mashinter, and Rasumussen, but Bickells problem is he is not a million dollars better.

Work some cap magic. Scuderi is as much dead weight as Bickell now. Unfortunately thats our 1LW.

Shaw-Toews-Hossa
Pan-AA-Kane
Desjardins-Kruger-TT
Bickell-Danult-Dano I'm hoping prorating salaries unlocks this by playoffs.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Well, looks like a spot just opened at RW in the Hawks top 6.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I forgot about that little addition to last nights loss.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dano will be up. imo.

But its a chance to assess what we really have in Teuvo.

If we really manipulated IR it would be nice to make up a death scenario in his hip and bring him back for playoffs after adding a 5,000,000 winger. Our team would be near perfect.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Dano will be up. imo.

But its a chance to assess what we really have in Teuvo.

If we really manipulated IR it would be nice to make up a death scenario in his hip and bring him back for playoffs after adding a 5,000,000 winger. Our team would be near perfect.

Depends on how long Hossa is hurt, though. Hawks made it seem like he'll be back in a few weeks, not a few months. The only way the Hawks can use that loophole is if he's on LTIR until the playoffs start (like Kane's situation last year). Doesn't seem to be the case here.

Also, I think Dano is staying in Rockford for the rest of this season. Don't see him getting called up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends on how long Hossa is hurt, though. Hawks made it seem like he'll be back in a few weeks, not a few months. The only way the Hawks can use that loophole is if he's on LTIR until the playoffs start (like Kane's situation last year). Doesn't seem to be the case here.

Also, I think Dano is staying in Rockford for the rest of this season. Don't see him getting called up.

Why? I felt it was a good move to bang him against younger competition for a while, and bring him up at the deadline.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I heard apparently Dano was playing center last game... but I'm not sure if that was just a weird claim being misstated or was legit. Because I know McNeil the last month or so has been actually playing center but allegedly Dano shifted to it while still on a in with McNeil and Hartman.

I don't think calling up Dano would be a bad move for them now, it's a good spot for him to play RW if they want him to try it there in the 3rd line besides Danault or up with Toews(but I'd think Teuvo would go there) or they could call Hartman.

Any of these options is better than just playing Mash - moose - cakes & desji-danault-panik with the regular top 6 besides teuvo at Rw. It's a time to see another shot for some of them after they had some time to play after getting a few hawks moments.

Or maybe they'll give McNeil (the guy that it is time to trade because he looks to be never being a Hawk long and next year will need to pass waivers) a longer trade showcase.