Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes you go left on that one. I just went that way from the start so didn't realize until Ares post that if you go right you get fucked.

I literally was like WTF that was too easy.

Not being able to see because of the storm makes it less obvious....

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kinguin and G2A for sure before paying full price on Steam for anything.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not being able to see because of the storm makes it less obvious....

Oh yeah i didn't go left because I knew it was the right way. I just happened to turn left coming out of the elevator so it was just random chance.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt really call it linear. It's not the biggest open world but there are certainly side missions and you can roam around Prague and finish them in any order you like.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt really call it linear. It's not the biggest open world but there are certainly side missions and you can roam around Prague and finish them in any order you like.

The missions are meant to be non-linear allowing you to get to your objectives in the path you choose.

You can go full bore shoot/incapacitate everyone if you want or you can embrace the stealth and try to sneak your way to the objectives with any of the several possible paths.

One thing I will throw out as something I missed on in the beginning of the game.... when you have your abilities reset.... several of the ones you have in the 1st mission go away unless you find them and spend points to get them back.

One of these is the wall breaking where you can punch through vulnerable structure and another is being able to melee more than 1 person at a time.... those 2 I kept being puzzled why I couldn't do them lol

Other more obvious ones are the smart vision, stealth cloak, and the landing attack thing.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Its not open world at all. There is a linear story you progress through. Side missions don't make it open world. Once you are on a mission, there are lots of ways to approach it and the mission area can be open with stuff to explore and whatnot. But the game is definitely a story driven linear game.

Which is good. Open world was the 2015 buzzword and fucked a lot of games up imo cause they just tacked an open world on there that often didn't fit the style or theme of the game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Every open world game has main missions that are linear to some extent. As noted below the game is described as open world. It may not be some massive open world like say Elder Scrolls but you are free to roam the city any way you like and for most story missions you can exit the mission in progress so you arent locked into completting a mission once it starts. At least so far that's been the case except for when you go to Golem.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/exploring-deus-ex-mankind-divideds-open-world-side/1100-6441874/

So maybe we are arguing semantics but it sure seems open world to me when I play and much bigger than Human Revolution.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The missions are meant to be non-linear allowing you to get to your objectives in the path you choose.

You can go full bore shoot/incapacitate everyone if you want or you can embrace the stealth and try to sneak your way to the objectives with any of the several possible paths.

One thing I will throw out as something I missed on in the beginning of the game.... when you have your abilities reset.... several of the ones you have in the 1st mission go away unless you find them and spend points to get them back.

One of these is the wall breaking where you can punch through vulnerable structure and another is being able to melee more than 1 person at a time.... those 2 I kept being puzzled why I couldn't do them lol

Other more obvious ones are the smart vision, stealth cloak, and the landing attack thing.

Yeah the reset screwed me up early on as well. Spent all my points in the experimental augs and then had nothing left over for the ones I had before the reset.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do the conversations fuck with anyone else? Every convo there is this weird lag.... like Jensen and whomever he's talking to will say stuff and then there will be there like 1-2 seconds of body language and pausing and then they start talking again.

Also the character faces don't always seem to match up with what they are saying lol.... like watching a torrented show where the audio is out of sync.

Lag when throwing grenades is also annoying.... hit G....1....2... hmmm I guess I didn't hit G I should move into cover.... *throws grenade*.... FUCK

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok so I just finished the game on the hardest difficulty level it will let you play on the first play thru.

A few thoughts..... and I will put stuff about the ending/story in spoiler tags.

1. The game is too easy IMO.... I spent the whole game saving up ammo and credits and on missions I would conserve ammo because I assumed I would need it for boss fights that never happened. Playing on the hardest difficulty I wound up on the final "boss" with a ton of weapons and ammo and only needed maybe 10-20% of my resources to win it.

2. The game seemed too short to me.... I didn't run around looking for every side mission possible, but I did every side mission that crossed my path and of course every main mission and I didn't feel challenged and the game felt short.

3. I didn't fill out half the praxis abilities because the game was short.... I spent alot on energy stuff and filling in skills I lost on the reset and barely used or bought any of the new augmentation abilities.

4. The game fucking lacked boss fights or general situations where you were forced to fight.... I was able to play the game at 99% stealth and IMO they should force you to fight more in order to finish the game.

OK now spoiler stuff...

Fuck that bitch psychologist cunt, shut her dum cuke fuk. If you didn't watch the credits video the psych doctor is one of the Illuminati fucks and she can go fuck herself. I wanna shoot that deceptive cunt in her dumb face. Oh and the story was less interesting and less complete than Human Revolution IMO.... this felt like 25% of a story.

And lastly.... watch the credits.... they have pictures of their devs and staff and I found it very well done... I wish all games would do it this way and put faces to the names of all the cool people who create the games we enjoy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say the game is too easy. There are achievements for not killing a single person or triggering any alarms in the game so the game isn't meant for you to engage in boss fights. If you want to just shoot at and kill shit to speed things up then you can do that but the game's designed for you to be able to finish it without having to kill anyone.

I would also say after you beat the game once, you get the option to play through again where if you die once, you have to start the game over from the beginning and a save game isn't going to help you. So with that in mind, the game isn't going to be as difficult because then it would be damn near impossible to finish the game without dying once.

So I would say the first playthrough is for you to get a sense for the game but the real challenge is to aim for that achievement or to survive the whole game without a single death. The latter one is especially annoying because if you just accidentally trigger an explosive or trip an alarm and wasn't prepared for it then you can get insta killed and it's game over, start from the beginning.

I got fucked when I started my second playthrough because after the reset, I forgot to put points into the rebreather aug and walked into a room filled with guess literally as my battery died and by the time I replaced my batteries, I'd died from the gas. I raged for a solid hour because I had to start the game over at that point but been busy with work and can't emotionally invest in trying to make it all the way through until the weekend when I can really focus on not making a silly mistake like that. I can only imagine how fucking pissed I would be if I died by accident while towards the very end of th game and then had to start over.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok so I just finished the game on the hardest difficulty level it will let you play on the first play thru.

A few thoughts..... and I will put stuff about the ending/story in spoiler tags.

1. The game is too easy IMO.... I spent the whole game saving up ammo and credits and on missions I would conserve ammo because I assumed I would need it for boss fights that never happened. Playing on the hardest difficulty I wound up on the final "boss" with a ton of weapons and ammo and only needed maybe 10-20% of my resources to win it.

4. The game fucking lacked boss fights or general situations where you were forced to fight.... I was able to play the game at 99% stealth and IMO they should force you to fight more in order to finish the game.

I agree, the game lacked boss fights, it also was too short however I've found out that they are planning a Deus Ex trilogy starting with Mankind Divided. Unfortunately for us that means we will have to wait another 2-3 years for the next game to come out.

I like the final boss fight, they took away the whole issue with human revolution where you have to fight all the bosses in an open area and learn their pattern to defeat them. I was able to stay cloaked the entire fight and walked around to each security station and turned all the turrets, drones, and mechs to friendly fire and I killed him that way. I never had to fire a shot and he never spotted me the entire fight.

That's how these games should work, they should allow you to go in guns blazing or be stealthy and not punish you for being a ninja by having to be a heavy hitter for every boss fight. I really enjoyed that aspect that they added.

I did not however care for the shortness of the game. I did every side quest and I think it took me roughly 15 hours to complete on deus ex difficulty.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree, the game lacked boss fights, it also was too short however I've found out that they are planning a Deus Ex trilogy starting with Mankind Divided. Unfortunately for us that means we will have to wait another 2-3 years for the next game to come out.

I like the final boss fight, they took away the whole issue with human revolution where you have to fight all the bosses in an open area and learn their pattern to defeat them. I was able to stay cloaked the entire fight and walked around to each security station and turned all the turrets, drones, and mechs to friendly fire and I killed him that way. I never had to fire a shot and he never spotted me the entire fight.

That's how these games should work, they should allow you to go in guns blazing or be stealthy and not punish you for being a ninja by having to be a heavy hitter for every boss fight. I really enjoyed that aspect that they added.

I did not however care for the shortness of the game. I did every side quest and I think it took me roughly 15 hours to complete on deus ex difficulty.

I guess part of it too was Human Revolution made me think I was going to have to load up some gear and be ready to win some boss fights, but then there were only 2 that I encountered.

One at the end of a side mission and the one at the end of the final main mission.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess part of it too was Human Revolution made me think I was going to have to load up some gear and be ready to win some boss fights, but then there were only 2 that I encountered.

One at the end of a side mission and the one at the end of the final main mission.

Yeah, the one crazy chick for the side mission? Yeah I just hung out behind a barrier until she wandered over to me and then I knocked here the hell out.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the one crazy chick for the side mission? Yeah I just hung out behind a barrier until she wandered over to me and then I knocked here the hell out.

Can you melee pwn the final boss? I didn't even try lol

I wound up ambushing him after chipping away at him and I shot him like 10 times with a devastator shotgun.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wound up ambushing him after chipping away at him and I shot him like 10 times with a devastator shotgun.

Lol, I didn't try but I would imagine not. From the look of him I always assumed he would react like the cops in the mech suits and would just stop your attempt at subduing them and just throw you to the ground instead.

Keep in mind I still got pacifist when I took him down. He got killed but he got killed by his own machines I never technically fired a shot so I guess technically I didn't kill him either I just tipped the tables in my favor by allowing the drones to shoot at friendlies.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

*Ares used*

[video=youtube;J49irbymkzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J49irbymkzo[/video]

It was effective.