The Armchair GM Thread - 2016 Edition

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Griffin would be hilarious, or Durant. While Jimmy and Rose camps bicker over whose team it is, haha, neither. Sold out.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
horford IMO isn't worth giving a max deal to. hes on the wrong side of 30 to give that kind of $$ to

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
horford IMO isn't worth giving a max deal to. hes on the wrong side of 30 to give that kind of $$ to

Not to mention, he's not a true franchise player. Because he's been in the league so long, he's going to be one of the highest paid players in the entire league. Is making him one of the highest paid players a good move? No. He's just not that kind of player.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where do we send our resumes in?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
1901 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60612

Write to the attention of Jerry Reinsdorf.

haha have reinsdorf pick whos plan he wants to go with from our armchairs

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Just be careful Paxson doesn't track you down and punch you in the head.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
another trade id be trying to make happen would be sending Rose, Snell, and Sacramento's protected pick to Sacramento for Rondo and Gay. starting 5 of Rondo, Butler, Gay, Gibson, and Gasol could be quite formidable I think.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
another trade id be trying to make happen would be sending Rose, Snell, and Sacramento's protected pick to Sacramento for Rondo and Gay. starting 5 of Rondo, Butler, Gay, Gibson, and Gasol could be quite formidable I think.

Yeah, as long as Rondo isnt being a punk.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, as long as Rondo isnt being a punk.

ha very true. when given the freedom to run the offense he acts right and plays well. I think he could do fine in Hoiball since hes very good at judging tempo, when to push it and when to back off. and he likes to get his teammates involved which I think will help hoibergs offense look better. hoiberg needs a PG that moves the ball around instead of going ISO all the time I think

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Sacremento wouldn't make that trade, like ever.

Try again.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Sacremento wouldn't make that trade, like ever.

Try again.

maybe, maybe not, that's why if you knew how to read you would notice where I said "id be trying to make"...at least give your reasons why they wouldn't make that trade

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
maybe, maybe not, that's why if you knew how to read you would notice where I said "id be trying to make"...at least give your reasons why they wouldn't make that trade

Just dumb all around. Rondo and gay are head and shoulders above Rose and snell. You could throw superstar Jo in that trade too, and they still wouldn't accept it.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Just dumb all around. Rondo and gay are head and shoulders above Rose and snell. You could throw superstar Jo in that trade too, and they still wouldn't accept it.

first off, glad you acknowledge rondo >>> rose at least. rondo will be a FA though is why the kings might be willing to part with him. gay they have been shopping the last couple of years now it seems. the fact they get two players back that they control for this season and next, plus getting their conditional 1st round draft pick back from us might be enough to make it happen. you seem to conveniently leave that part of the trade idea out of course. and like I already said, this is all just speculation, hence why I said I would be trying to make the deal happen....maybe you swap snell out for Niko to make the deal happen...point is id be trying to acquire rondo and gay

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
first off, glad you acknowledge rondo >>> rose at least. rondo will be a FA though is why the kings might be willing to part with him. gay they have been shopping the last couple of years now it seems. the fact they get two players back that they control for this season and next, plus getting their conditional 1st round draft pick back from us might be enough to make it happen. you seem to conveniently leave that part of the trade idea out of course. and like I already said, this is all just speculation, hence why I said I would be trying to make the deal happen....maybe you swap snell out for Niko to make the deal happen...point is id be trying to acquire rondo and gay

Of course rondo is better than rose, at this point. When have I ever said otherwise?

Snell sucks, he would not start for them. He'd probably barely even play, that's the main reason the trade idea doesn't work. Swapping in Niko wouldn't work either, but is at least an improvement. Protected pick doesn't even come close to making up for the value they would lose.

I don't see a trade scenario that the bulls would be able to work out something with sacremento.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Of course rondo is better than rose, at this point. When have I ever said otherwise?

Snell sucks, he would not start for them. He'd probably barely even play, that's the main reason the trade idea doesn't work. Swapping in Niko wouldn't work either, but is at least an improvement. Protected pick doesn't even come close to making up for the value they would lose.

I don't see a trade scenario that the bulls would be able to work out something with sacremento.

fine if you don't think so, like I said...we will never know

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are speculations that the Bulls should trade Gasol to the Heat for Whiteside. He would definitely protect the rim.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ha very true. when given the freedom to run the offense he acts right and plays well. I think he could do fine in Hoiball since hes very good at judging tempo, when to push it and when to back off. and he likes to get his teammates involved which I think will help hoibergs offense look better. hoiberg needs a PG that moves the ball around instead of going ISO all the time I think

I definitely agree. Rondo is the best PG when it comes to getting his teammates involved. There is a reason he leads in assists.

Yeah, Hoiberg needs a chance to get the right players to run his system. I'm curious to see how effiicient his offense can be given the right players.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
There are speculations that the Bulls should trade Gasol to the Heat for Whiteside. He would definitely protect the rim.

its an interesting trade for sure, if im the bulls I see how desperate the Heat are to try and upgrade to compete with Cleveland and offer Gasol for Whiteside and a 1st round pick. if I get that offer then I pull the trigger for sure....reason being whiteside is a FA after this season as well

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its an interesting trade for sure, if im the bulls I see how desperate the Heat are to try and upgrade to compete with Cleveland and offer Gasol for Whiteside and a 1st round pick. if I get that offer then I pull the trigger for sure....reason being whiteside is a FA after this season as well

I also read that Whiteside does not mesh well with the Heat's veteran locker room and that he has behavioral problems. Time will tell though. It would give the Bulls a look at him before FA and let them decide if they wanted to sign him to a big deal, that is if the trade happens.

Again, this is all just speculation.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2794571/ch...-trading-pau-gasol-to-miami-heat-makes-sense/