Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
2IosoaH.png

LOL gotta love it.
No where does it say they are offering their 4th round pick. They should just offer Clevelands, they are bound to waste it anyway.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Robbie Gould will be getting the last of his guaranteed money this year.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Eric Weddle - DB - Ravens
Ravens signed FS Eric Weddle, formerly of the Chargers, to a four-year, $26 million contract.
The deal includes $13 million guaranteed. Weddle was reportedly deciding between four teams. Although he remained one of the league's best safeties in 2015, the Chargers made no effort to re-sign a player they took with the No. 37 overall pick of the 2007 draft. There's bad blood, with Weddle saying he may never speak to the team again. Weddle fills a huge need for the Ravens, who received ineffective play opposite SS Will Hill in 2015. Although he's now 31, Weddle has missed only three games since 2009. Weddle is a playmaker who doubles as a tackling machine at the back end of the

Mitchapalooza

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 6m6 minutes ago
BREAKING: B.J. Raji plans to retire from football, per source with knowledge of his plans. #Packers are aware of his decision.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Eric Weddle - DB - Ravens
Ravens signed FS Eric Weddle, formerly of the Chargers, to a four-year, $26 million contract.
The deal includes $13 million guaranteed. Weddle was reportedly deciding between four teams. Although he remained one of the league's best safeties in 2015, the Chargers made no effort to re-sign a player they took with the No. 37 overall pick of the 2007 draft. There's bad blood, with Weddle saying he may never speak to the team again. Weddle fills a huge need for the Ravens, who received ineffective play opposite SS Will Hill in 2015. Although he's now 31, Weddle has missed only three games since 2009. Weddle is a playmaker who doubles as a tackling machine at the back end of the

Phew. I don't know if he's still one of the best safeties in the league. Based on the Chargers games I saw he looked to already be declining. He's still good, but this seems like an uncharacteristic move for the Ravens. Maybe he was just that unhappy last year that his play suffered.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't find it, can you post it?
"Fleener, he didn't have the (guts),'' the Ex-Colt told Kravitz. "That (bleep) pisses me off. And he must've been looking in the mirror when he did the interview.

"I despise guys like that. That's what little girls do, talk about you when you're not around. I'm a grown man. If I see something I don't like, I'm going to go have a face-to-face convo with that player/players and we are going to get an understanding! I feel like I had a hand in building what's over there (in Indianapolis), so he's (bleeping) on me, too. That's a (expletive) move."

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
hicks guaranteed money is supposedly 5.5 mill, so it looks like its a 1yr deal walk away deal if it doesnt pan out, assuming the guaranteed money is in year 1 rather than being spread out over the two years

The Bears have been putting all the guaranteed money in the first year for this year's crop of FAs, so I would probably expect the same for Hicks. I'm not sure if this is a function of them having a lot of cap space, but it at least minimizes risk for the "older" FA signings like Porter and Freeman, so if they don't pan out, it will be easier for the Bears to walk away.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
"Fleener, he didn't have the (guts),'' the Ex-Colt told Kravitz. "That (bleep) pisses me off. And he must've been looking in the mirror when he did the interview.

"I despise guys like that. That's what little girls do, talk about you when you're not around. I'm a grown man. If I see something I don't like, I'm going to go have a face-to-face convo with that player/players and we are going to get an understanding! I feel like I had a hand in building what's over there (in Indianapolis), so he's (bleeping) on me, too. That's a (expletive) move."

Finally saw the link, but thanks for posting

Mitchapalooza

Chris Emma ‏@CEmma670 1m1 minute ago
Bears are looking for a secondary boost, but never expressed interest in new Ravens safety Eric Weddle, a source said. Looking for youth.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Emma ‏@CEmma670 1m1 minute ago
Bears are looking for a secondary boost, but never expressed interest in new Ravens safety Eric Weddle, a source said. Looking for youth.

I hope it is Tony Jefferson.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hope it's Tony Jefferson or David Bruton. Rahim Moore should be plan C.

hello

Liked Posts:
Sweet. I always hated him, and he's always been ridiculously over rated.

He was good in 2009 and then was very good in 2010. Never sustained that level from there on out and was very bad in 2013. Was having a good start to the season in 2015 but then his play fell off in the 2nd half, either due to a groin injury or just simply wearing down/fatigue....perhaps both

Surprising that he's still retiring at this age but it's becoming more and more common in the NFL lately.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
He's just not very good.

Probably feels it's not worth it to come back and do it all over again for 2m a year. He was a high pick and I'm sure he's fine financially.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Why doesn't Ted Thompson ever spend money on the Packers in Free Agency? Aaron Rodgers is the only thing stopping them from falling off the map at this point. They field their own guys out there at any cost even if they only have mediocre talent.

Mitchapalooza

Why doesn't Ted Thompson ever spend money on the Packers in Free Agency? Aaron Rodgers is the only thing stopping them from falling off the map at this point. They field their own guys out there at any cost even if they only have mediocre talent.

obviously it works for them one way or another since they make the playoffs every year but I agree. If Rodgers goes down, they are fucked. Even though he went down for half the season and still won the division but that year the NFC North was straight ass.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

I would say compensation picks that they get from the league and plugging gaps hoping they hit on those extra picks. Draft picks are cheap compared to free agents.