Fox Says Cutler Was The Bright Spot To Last Season

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears*coach John Fox sounded excited about moving forward with*Jay Cutler*on Wednesday after being noncommittal on the quarterback for much of last season.

"I feel a lot better about Jay," Fox said from the NFL scouting combine. "Again, back to the relationship thing. I think you file things and you put it back there, but you always like to figure it out on your own. And he was probably one of the brightest spots, I think, about our first year in Chicago and getting to know our players, which we know a lot better now than we did at this time a year ago. So I saw way more about his mental toughness. I saw way more about how he can absorb an offense and execute it under pressure. I think that speaks volumes for how successful he was on third downs, which is a tough down for a quarterback in the NFL. But I was very, very pleased with what I saw and what we have to work with going forward."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...x-says-jay-cutler-was-bright-spot-last-season

#Bookmark It

tumblr_mik53izVL81ragdrho1_400.gif

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was likely the most improved player from 14 to 15, so it is not an unreasonable statement.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fox - king meatball. No wonder why he's a mediocre coach, he's in love with a mediocre QB.

Can't wait for all the Cutler nut huggers to show up and pat each other on the back because Jay was the coaches personal "bright spot" on a horrible bears team.

And wtf is #bookmark it?

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, but moral probably won't last in this thread long.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I agree. Practice squad WR's don't help.

Hopefully they are still looking for somebody to develop though.

stallan54

Liked Posts:
Bears wouldn't have won a single game last year if we had a QB that had even the slightest less talent then Jay. He was the bright spot no doubt. That said, there were others pretty close... Miller, Langford.....Webb

If/when Alshon signs and White is full go, this will likely be Cutlers best year of his career. Yes, it's taken awhile, but only this year has he had a semi-decent O-Line to protect him. Fill a hole on the O-Line, get both receivers healthy and he's MVP potential. I SAID IT FIRST!!!

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears wouldn't have won a single game last year if we had a QB that had even the slightest less talent then Jay. He was the bright spot no doubt. That said, there were others pretty close... Miller, Langford.....Webb

If/when Alshon signs and White is full go, this will likely be Cutlers best year of his career. Yes, it's taken awhile, but only this year has he had a semi-decent O-Line to protect him. Fill a hole on the O-Line, get both receivers healthy and he's MVP potential. I SAID IT FIRST!!!

MVP potential?

Oh. My. God.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He was likely the most improved player from 14 to 15, so it is not an unreasonable statement.
Agree with this statement.

Though week 17 certainly looked like classic Cutler to me.

But for the Bears to really say to the media they're willing to go forward with this guy is kinda telling. Unless it's just to reassure Cutler as to not hurt his feelings or some shit lol.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Fox - king meatball. No wonder why he's a mediocre coach, he's in love with a mediocre QB.

Can't wait for all the Cutler nut huggers to show up and pat each other on the back because Jay was the coaches personal "bright spot" on a horrible bears team.

And wtf is #bookmark it?

Lol....it's what a poster said to me when he and most of the board didn't believe me when I said Cutler would not be traded/cut, but our future starting QB. It happened in the thread below.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...Bernstein-Trestman-Gone-Emery-Not-Safe/page30

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I heard it all..MVP material in practice? Dude couldn't do that with studs at every position....please tell me how he does it now with less talent and those amazing 19 tds

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Here comes the usual suspects again. It's getting comically bad...and sad. Fox said he was a bright spot for our team...which he was. I see how he also made a point to address Cutler on 3rd downs and how he saved our ass many times. He was rated near the top in that money down. The usual suspects will skirt that issue I'm sure lol

PickSix

Liked Posts:
If we are so pleased with Jay, why did we bother looking up and talking to Wentz's high school coach?
Foxy = Pinocchio

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Agree with this statement.

Though week 17 certainly looked like classic Cutler to me.

True- It did smack of old Cutler.
Personally, I think the "improvement" is an illusion cause by handcuffing him, much like 2011.

Both 2011 and 2015 marked career low interception percentage... along with career low td percentage.
Between those 2 seasons and everything else in his career, I value the lesser turnovers over the td percentage. Not ideal, but not embarrassing.

We shall see if it reverts to old form next year, but this past year was a cutler that didnt make me vomit.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we are so pleased with Jay, why did we bother looking up and talking to Wentz's high school coach?
Foxy = Pinocchio

I would be happy with the Bears keeping Cutty for a couple more years and drafting Wentz if he lasts that long. I'm still sticking with my original prediction that he will be the first QB taken however... so it's highly doubtful that we take him. As much as I want J Smith... I wouldn't be upset if the Bears took Lynch or Wentz...

rextc

Liked Posts:
But does Jay have a left nipple like Ka'Deem Carey?