Prospect News and Rumors

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Meh there's always talent there, you just have to dig for that guy wherever he is. Maybe not that high end 'obvious' talent like in prior years, but there's always something and there definitely seems like there are some guys that can turn into starter quality players.

I like these kind of drafts that seemingly have talent lacking in some aspect. So many prospects this draft with questions marks. Anybody can pick out a guy from an obvious pool of good talent. When the talent isn't there is where the scouts are supposed to make their money.

This kind of draft will expose which scouts were doing their homework to get those few starting quality players wherever they are and which scouts were worthless cunts just sitting around chatting shit about prospects.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Dak Prescott - QB - Bulldogs

CBS Chicago expect the Bears to be "aggressive in the quarterback market after the first two rounds."
The Bears did some serious homework on the class' quarterbacks at last week's Combine. "There are also a handful of quarterbacks in the middle part of the draft that I feel good about," Bears GM Ryan Pace said at the Combine. "We’ve got to make sure we’ve accurately graded, and that’s where our scouts really earn their money." The Bears have looked into Dak Prescott ("I have to show people that I can make all the drops from under center," Prescott said), Christian Hackenberg ("Whatever I have to do, the step I have to take, the sacrifices I have to make, I’m willing to do it," he said. "My biggest fear is not being able to reach my full potential.") and Kevin Hogan ("I feel like I am able to learn any offense very well," Hogan said). The Bears, it's worth noting, also met with Prescott at the Senior Bowl.
Source: CBS Sports
Mar 4 - 2:52 PM

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Matt Bowen @MattBowen41
3m
ICYMI: Ramsey to #Titans, Ragland to #Bears, Bosa to #Cowboys...Best fits for top defensive prospects. @ESPNInsider: https://t.co/m8GG10EISp

That would be great. Ragland comes with the 2014-15 Lance Briggs body as a rookie.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Matt Bowen @MattBowen41
3m
ICYMI: Ramsey to #Titans, Ragland to #Bears, Bosa to #Cowboys...Best fits for top defensive prospects. @ESPNInsider: https://t.co/m8GG10EISp

That would be great. Ragland comes with the 2014-15 Lance Briggs body as a rookie.

Raglands 4.72 helped him a lot. From all the reports is seemed scouts expected to run in the 4.8's. If he stays at that 245-247 range he should be just fine.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Raglands 4.72 helped him a lot. From all the reports is seemed scouts expected to run in the 4.8's. If he stays at that 245-247 range he should be just fine.
247 is what he weighed when his agent told him he would lose himself millions of dollars if he didn't lose 10-15 lbs and run a decent 40 at the combine in a month from the Senior Bowl. 259 is the hey guys lets go git some wings and pizza weight.

I see him leaning more to the latter.

And I don't think 4.72 helps a LB expected to be top 20 overall. I don't think it hurt him, but that isn't a 40 time that adds to ones expectation of a top player at the position.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
247 is what he weighed when his agent told him he would lose himself millions of dollars if he didn't lose 10-15 lbs and run a decent 40 at the combine in a month from the Senior Bowl. 259 is the hey guys lets go git some wings and pizza weight.

I see him leaning more to the latter.

And I don't think 4.72 helps a LB expected to be top 20 overall. I don't think it hurt him, but that isn't a 40 time that adds to ones expectation of a top player at the position.

He was considered a top 20 player back when the expectations were 4.8 and his recognition skills mask the lack of top end speed.. His pro day will tell a lot also weight wise.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He was considered a top 20 player back when the expectations were 4.8 and his recognition skills mask the lack of top end speed.. His pro day will tell a lot also weight wise.
Maybe, but when an intensely active 22 year old looks as fat as he did 17 days after the national championship game that is cause for concern. It's not like he sits in the dorm playing World of Warcraft all semester. Either he is this fat even with an insane amount of physical activity, or he added about a pound a day (3500 calories beyond baseline) after the NCG. Either one is worth noting.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...esnt-move-the-needle-for-prospect-noah-spence

No GMs or Coaches show up to Spence pro day.

The most telling aspect of the workout might have been who wasn't in attendance. Representatives from 28 NFL teams were on hand for the event, but there were no head coaches or general managers in attendance. Tampa Bay defensive line coach Jay Hayes was the only position coach present. Redskins director of college scouting Scott Campbell and Jets senior director of college scouting Rex Hogan were the only front-office executives who attended.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
He can thank Randy Gregory and Johnny Manziel for that. What a shocking new world we live in, when NFL teams are actually learning from each other's draft mistakes...

Surprised the Bengals GM wasn't there. They tend to like those kind of guys.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Maybe, but when an intensely active 22 year old looks as fat as he did 17 days after the national championship game that is cause for concern. It's not like he sits in the dorm playing World of Warcraft all semester. Either he is this fat even with an insane amount of physical activity, or he added about a pound a day (3500 calories beyond baseline) after the NCG. Either one is worth noting.

How do you know how fat he is? Were you the one performing his caliper readings?

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I don't really see anything there. A ton of scouts were there to watch Spence. Head coaches and GMs already saw up him running at the combine and all the game film is out there. Do all the big wigs really need to fly to Kentucky to watch him working out in his panties again?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I don't really see anything there. A ton of scouts were there to watch Spence. Head coaches and GMs already saw up him running at the combine and all the game film is out there. Do all the big wigs really need to fly to Kentucky to watch him working out in his panties again?

You might not think it's necessary, but coaches and GMs do typically show up for the guys they're targeting in the first round. It's a pretty good indication of what Spence's draft prospects are if the same area scouts who've watched him all year are the only ones sent to observe his pro day.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How do you know how fat he is? Were you the one performing his caliper readings?
19620590-standard.jpg

You were saying?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
19620590-standard.jpg

You were saying?

Here's Burfict. Who also ran a 5.0+ 40. Body type doesn't mean much for an inside backer as long as you have the instincts for the position.

mag_cp_burfict01_576.jpg

Ragland, like Burfict is plenty athletic enough in spite of the Moobies.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Here's Burfict. Who also ran a 5.0+ 40. Body type doesn't mean much for an inside backer as long as you have the instincts for the position.

mag_cp_burfict01_576.jpg

Yeah, Burfict ended up a good player, a dirty piece of shit, but good, so he was a good value as an UDFA. Ragland with the dad bod at #11 would be a disaster. In the 2nd or 3rd, he may provide value, but he is nowhere near worth the 11th pick.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Besides being black with short hair, Ragland looks exactly like me without my shirt on. Maybe I have a future in the NFL....

AussieBear

mag_cp_burfict01_576.jpg

are all these nips workplace safe.........

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

mag_cp_burfict01_576.jpg

Ragland is nothing like Burfict. Burfict is a head hunter who loves to hit, he seeks out contact and plays at Mach-3 with his hair on fire. Ragland is a I see something I better go try and make a play linebacker. Luckily if I miss I have six other NFL prospects around me to make up for my lack of aggression and lack of instinct.