Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ragland is nothing like Burfict. Burfict is a head hunter who loves to hit, he seeks out contact and plays at Mach-3 with his hair on fire. Ragland is a I see something I better go try and make a play linebacker. Luckily if I miss I have six other NFL prospects around me to make up for my lack of aggression and lack of instinct.
coollogo_com-90041765_zps2e50b5a9.gif

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Wendall Williams runs 4.19-second 40 at regional combine

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 5, 2016, 5:57 PM EST
wendallwilliams
The NFL’s regional combines are set up to give small-school players a chance to show what they can do, and one small-school player made the whole league take notice today.

Wendall Williams, a wide receiver from the University of the Cumberlands, ran an incredible 4.19-second 40-yard dash at a regional combine today. That breaks the official Scouting Combine record of 4.24 seconds, set by Chris Johnson.

Williams also recorded a 45.0-inch vertical jump, which is tied for the best jump ever recorded at the regular Scouting Combine.

Those numbers are so shocking that they sound unbelievable at first. But Williams was a track and field star who won the NAIA national championship in the long jump and was fourth in the country in both the 100 meters and 200 meters, so there’s little doubt that he’s a phenomenal athlete.

He also put up phenomenal numbers on the football field: He was an NAIA All-American while averaging 30.5 yards per catch (with eight touchdowns), 32.4 yards per kickoff return (with three touchdowns), 23.5 yards per punt return (with one touchdown) and 17.6 yards per carry (with three touchdowns).

So can the 5-foot-10, 170-pound Williams play in the pros? It’s a huge jump to go from the NAIA to the NFL. But this is a young man who’s used to making huge jumps.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

wendallwilliams
The NFL’s regional combines are set up to give small-school players a chance to show what they can do, and one small-school player made the whole league take notice today.

Wendall Williams, a wide receiver from the University of the Cumberlands, ran an incredible 4.19-second 40-yard dash at a regional combine today. That breaks the official Scouting Combine record of 4.24 seconds, set by Chris Johnson.

Williams also recorded a 45.0-inch vertical jump, which is tied for the best jump ever recorded at the regular Scouting Combine.

Those numbers are so shocking that they sound unbelievable at first. But Williams was a track and field star who won the NAIA national championship in the long jump and was fourth in the country in both the 100 meters and 200 meters, so there’s little doubt that he’s a phenomenal athlete.

He also put up phenomenal numbers on the football field: He was an NAIA All-American while averaging 30.5 yards per catch (with eight touchdowns), 32.4 yards per kickoff return (with three touchdowns), 23.5 yards per punt return (with one touchdown) and 17.6 yards per carry (with three touchdowns).

So can the 5-foot-10, 170-pound Williams play in the pros? It’s a huge jump to go from the NAIA to the NFL. But this is a young man who’s used to making huge jumps.

That's the type of kid you draft in the sixth round and then spend hours on end having him shag punts and kickoffs.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hate those "icky" conditions

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter
Ya, I was like"did he really just f'n say that" hahaha fricking icky

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
That's the type of kid you draft in the sixth round and then spend hours on end having him shag punts and kickoffs.

I think you use one of you sixth round picks to move up in the fifth round and pick his blazing fast butt.

engbear

Liked Posts:
How do people feel about Darron Lee ?
His name is cropping up frequently now as a fit for the Bears in the 1st rd.
Personally, 11 is too rich.
From what footage I've seen he seems to avoid contact at times and dosent seem to finishnplays with max effort. I'm intrigued by his speed and he does flash a couple of times a game but we already have an ILB who can't take on blocks. I'm hoping we don't take him at 11.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Saw this yesterday about that Williams kid

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 23h23 hours ago
On that Wendell Williams 40 time. One scout told me the laser time was 4.32. Hand times were 4.19. #pumpsbrakes

ob1force

Liked Posts:
How do people feel about Darron Lee ?
His name is cropping up frequently now as a fit for the Bears in the 1st rd.
Personally, 11 is too rich.
From what footage I've seen he seems to avoid contact at times and dosent seem to finishnplays with max effort. I'm intrigued by his speed and he does flash a couple of times a game but we already have an ILB who can't take on blocks. I'm hoping we don't take him at 11.

I am starting to warm up to Lee at 11. He has a higher ceiling than most guys being mocked to us, IMO (drawing Levonte David, Demeco Ryans comparisons). The question being is he going to reach his potential, can the Bears get him there? We have the right coaches in place, I believe Fox, Fangio, and company will have a lot to say about that before Pace makes his final decision.

It's a passing league, linebackers are getting smaller, and the game is getting faster. Lee has all the athleticism in the world and can be a good cover LB on day 1. He's also a pretty good blizter, I think he had like 12 sacks the last 2 years. There's still some rawness to him, only played the LB position for 2-3 years. Plenty of intrigue. Lee is going to be in the conversation at 11.

engbear

Liked Posts:
It would be a huge gamble to take Lee at 11. I agree he has a high ceiling but high bust potential.

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
Ragland benched 225 for 13 reps at Bamas pro day today. Still arguably the hardest hitter of the draft but that's kinda weak sauce bruh.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Emmanuel Ogbah worked out at both defensive end and outside linebacker at his pro day. Scouts thought that he looked much better working out at defensive end than at outside linebacker.

Apparently, Mackensie Alexander ran a 4.44 forty at his pro day to go along with a 37.5" vertical.
EDIT: Alexander also had a 10'1" broad jump, and a 7.17 sec 3-cone drill.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Emmanuel Ogbah worked out at both defensive end and outside linebacker at his pro day. Scouts thought that he looked much better working out at defensive end than at outside linebacker.

Apparently, Mackensie Alexander ran a 4.44 forty at his pro day to go along with a 37.5" vertical.

Ogbah (who a lot of people on this board want) is a stiffer athlete. Doesn't move well laterally he would have to love 10-15 pounds or so to play OLB.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

wendallwilliams

Worth a look with that speed and athleticism. Gotta wonder, though......who was on that watch:)

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^^^The next Hester? Plus maybe an actual receiver?

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Mississippi State's pro day: looks like the Bears got a good look at my favorite DL prospect today, Chris Jones. He was put through positional workouts with the defensive line coaches of the Bears and Bengals. Some notable tweets:

Kevin Weidl ‏@KevinW_ESPN 2h2 hours ago
Watching Chris Jones go through on-field drills was a treat today. Most gifted DT in a deep class. Figuring out football character is the ?.

Bulldog Sports Radio ‏@BulldogsRadio 8h8 hours ago
Watching DL drills, as you can guess, Chris Jones looks very impressive.

Robbie Faulk ‏@robbiefaulk247 7h7 hours ago
Chris Jones has had multiple underwear companies reach out to him after the combine. "I'm trying to make a positive out of a negative."

For the Dak Prescott fans, sounds like he had a solid day. Scouts say Prescott is very athletic; displaying good quickness and good short accuracy on his throws during the workout.

Peter BurnsVerified account ‏@PeterBurnsESPN 6h6 hours ago
Solid but not amazing pro day from Dak Prescott. Looked really good on short to intermediate throws, struggled a bit on longer patterns.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Prescott is probably my favourite prospect after Goff. If the Bears want to take a chance one a guy in the 2nd round, Prescott should be the man.