Holly Holm a clear fluke

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also, how exactly is Holm a fluke when she was going to win this fight easily until a last minute submission in the 5th round? She looked fine against Tate aside from the 2nd round and the submission. Credit to Tate for the win but nothing tonight makes her a fluke.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
How is it pointless? Holm dominated Rousey and knocked her into suicidal thoughts. She's clearly in her head and is still shook till this day. Holm was winning this fight convincingly until the last round.
convincingly? The second round was so thoroughly dominated by meisha that holly started keeping her distance and fighting the Mayweather way. She got taken down twice and got her ass completely whooped far more than Holm had done to meisha. Holm was up by one point at the most going into the final round.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And back to McGregor. You talk all that shit and then lost to a guy who took a fight on 7 days notice. LOL. My only regret is I didn't put more money on Diaz.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And it's pointless because now the ufc will give rousey or Holm, but more likely rousey, the chance to fight Tate for the title. It delays the rematch and takes away some of the hype because Holm couldn't even defend her title.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
convincingly? The second round was so thoroughly dominated by meisha that holly started keeping her distance and fighting the Mayweather way. She got taken down twice and got her ass completely whooped far more than Holm had done to meisha. Holm was up by one point at the most going into the final round.

Everyone pretty much agrees she was up 4 rounds to 1. Yes Tate dominated the 2nd round. Holm won all the other rounds so yes it was going to be an easy win as 4 rounds to 1 is pretty easy.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
By the way, when I say she's a fluke, I'm not saying she sucks. She's strong as fuck and a good boxer. That win against Ronda though, clear fluke. Meisha proved it with her superior ground game.

At no point in their match did Ronda have any success. You can't say she beat Meisha twice and now that Meisha beats Holly with a completely different style, Holly's win over Ronda was a fluke.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Everyone pretty much agrees she was up 4 rounds to 1. Yes Tate dominated the 2nd round. Holm won all the other rounds so yes it was going to be an easy win as 4 rounds to 1 is pretty easy.
Except she was up 3 rounds to 1 and obviously lost the fifth round. And even the one round she lost was clearly 10-8 in tates favor. It's just dumb as fuck to even try to say she was going to easily win the fifth round when it obviously wasn't over and she once again got taken down and thoroughly whooped.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Except she was up 3 rounds to 1 and obviously lost the fifth round. And even the one round she lost was clearly 10-8 in tates favor. It's just dumb as fuck to even try to say she was going to easily win the fifth round when it obviously wasn't over and she once again got taken down and thoroughly whooped.

Other than the second round and the finish, things went according to plan for Holm, who fights out of Jackson-Wink MMA in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She maintained distance against Tate well and stuffed the majority of her takedowns. Holm caught her with a couple left hooks, but Holm racked up points on the scorecards with jabs and side kicks. She reddened Tate's face with punches in the first round.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/1...eight-title-holly-holm-fifth-round-submission

She was losing the 5th round as Sonnen says in the above. So no it's not stupid. She went into the 5th round losing 3 round to 1 and by all accounts was losing the 5th round as well. That is the consensus. Her win tonight is the equivalent of a boxer being clearly down on the cards with no chance in the last round except for a knockout and she simply happened to get a knockout.

And not sure anyone could say Holm is a fluke. You are not a fluke when you are on your way to victory and you simply get caught with a punch or submission in the last round. And not only that, Holm didn't even tap. She fucking went unconscious rather than tap so your claim of a fluke is just dumb IMO. She fought like a warrior tonight but this is MMA. It only takes one slip up and your done. That's all that happened tonight.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
At no point in their match did Ronda have any success. You can't say she beat Meisha twice and now that Meisha beats Holly with a completely different style, Holly's win over Ronda was a fluke.
right many have said that because ronda wanted to prove to the world she could stand and fight. It was dumb as fuck. If Holm can beat her again, which I don't think she can, well maybe down the line but not in the rematch, then I'll agree with you. Also, I'm waiting to see if ronda is the same as well. But I'm not going to give much credit to someone beating a champ that successfully defended the title multiple times, who then can't defend that title once.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Other than the second round and the finish, things went according to plan for Holm, who fights out of Jackson-Wink MMA in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She maintained distance against Tate well and stuffed the majority of her takedowns. Holm caught her with a couple left hooks, but Holm racked up points on the scorecards with jabs and side kicks. She reddened Tate's face with punches in the first round.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/1...eight-title-holly-holm-fifth-round-submission

She was losing the 5th round as Sonnen says in the above. So no it's not stupid. She went into the 5th round losing 3 round to 1 and by all accounts was losing the 5th round as well. That is the consensus. Her win tonight is the equivalent of a boxer being clearly down on the cards with no chance in the last round except for a knockout and she simply happened to get a knockout.

And not sure anyone could say Holm is a fluke. You are not a fluke when you are on your way to victory and you simply get caught with a punch or submission in the last round. And not only that, Holm didn't even tap. She fucking went unconscious rather than tap so your claim of a fluke is just dumb IMO. She fought like a warrior tonight but this is MMA. It only takes one slip up and your done. That's all that happened tonight.
Who ultimately won the fifth round?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And if there was a clown in the ring tonight it was McGregor. Dude lost to a guy who took a fight on 7 days notice and believed his own hype in trying to take on a guy that was clearly too big for him. Trying to fight a 170 Diaz was stupid, 7 days notice or not.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who ultimately won the fifth round?

We all know who ultimately won it. Your claim was not that Tate won. Your claim is that Holm is a fluke. That's just a dumb claim when the only way Tate could have won the fight was via a knockout and submission and Tate simply pulled it out towards the end of the 5th.

That doesn't make Holm a fluke when she passed out rather than tap while McGregor tapped.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Again, it has nothing to do with Ronda. If Meisha could take Holly down, she was going to do well. That is her strength. Ronda, a completely different fight. Would never be that patient. Not that smart. Holly is still a custom made Rousey killer.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
We all know who ultimately won it. Your claim was not that Tate won. Your claim is that Holm is a fluke. That's just a dumb claim when the only way Tate could have won the fight was via a knockout and submission and Tate simply pulled it out towards the end of the 5th.

That doesn't make Holm a fluke when she passed out rather than tap while McGregor tapped.
Remy gonna remy. So Holm not being able to defend her title once makes her, what?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy gonna remy. So Holm not being able to defend her title once makes her, what?

It makes this MMA. That's the difference between it and boxing. There are so many more ways for you to lose. If Holm never challenges for a title again then you will be right but there is a reason why even the best fighters in MMA tend to approach double digit losses. Don't care how good you are, it only takes one mistake.

This isn't that complicated. If Holm's stays on her feet, she is likely going to win. If Tate or anyone get her on the ground, they have a chance. By in large Holm proved she can keep people from getting her on the ground for most of 5 rounds. However, in MMA, it only takes one good takedown. Holm didn't punish Tate enough when they were on their feet and looked like she was trying to run out the clock and it cost her.