Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Again, it has nothing to do with Ronda. If Meisha could take Holly down, she was going to do well. That is her strength. Ronda, a completely different fight. Would never be that patient. Not that smart. Holly is still a custom made Rousey killer.
Maybe, maybe not. Truth is, now I don't care because Holm couldn't even defend her title. I knew I shouldn't have bought into the hype you and despbro were selling.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe, maybe not. Truth is, now I don't care because Holm couldn't even defend her title. I knew I shouldn't have bought into the hype you and despbro were selling.

She will likely be champ again. Meisha fights Rousey again. Winner gives Holly the title match. Unless of course the winner is Ronda. She'll avoid Holly at all cost. But 2 big money matches to be had from this.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It makes this MMA. That's the difference between it and boxing. There are so many more ways for you to lose. If Holm never challenges for a title again then you will be right but there is a reason why even the best fighters in MMA tend to approach double digit losses. Don't care how good you are, it only takes one mistake.
nope. True champs tend to actually defend the title. Now, of course she'll challenge for the title again because the women's division is weak and she's clearly a good boxer. Wait a sec, weren't you talking about boxers being superior to mma fighters in a thread? No fucking wonder you're going all remy on this.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
She will likely be champ again. Meisha fights Rousey again. Winner gives Holly the title match. Unless of course the winner is Ronda. She'll avoid Holly at all cost. But 2 big money matches to be had from this.
Holly/Ronda rematch was where it's at. Holly did the ufc a disservice by getting her ass kicked today. The average fan won't give two fucks about meisha. Holm losing basically means rousey is still the only real draw in the women's division. For now anyway.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
nope. True champs tend to actually defend the title. Now, of course she'll challenge for the title again because the women's division is weak and she's clearly a good boxer. Wait a sec, weren't you talking about boxers being superior to mma fighters in a thread? No fucking wonder you're going all remy on this.

Your argument contradicts itself. Because the women's division is so weak, it means Holm doesn't get to make title defenses against scrubs. She went from taking down the No 1 women's fighter to taking on the No 3.

Again not that complicated. If Holly stays on her feet, she will likely win. If she doesn't then she will be in trouble. That's all that played out here.

I mean I am listening to Tate's press conference right now and even she is saying she knew she had to submit her in the 5th round because she knew she was down big enough that only a submission would win it. She also admitted that her takedown in the 5th was not even planned and it was just chaos which again is MMA. Shit happens.

So again, saying Holm's a fluke is dumb. She fought like a warrior. She didn't tap out.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holly/Ronda rematch was where it's at. Holly did the ufc a disservice by getting her ass kicked today. The average fan won't give two fucks about meisha. Holm losing basically means rousey is still the only real draw in the women's division. For now anyway.

I don't think you understand the situation. Holly put fear into Ronda. Ronda said she considered suicide afterward. She's been very timid about returning to fight again. They would have waited for her if she wasn't so scared.

Holly did no disservice to UFC today. Meisha has won many fights and has never been considered a push over. Holly hung in there, refused to tap. Champs fall and get back up again...unless you're Ronda Rousey. Then you cry and hide.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol, did Tate just take a shot at McGregor. Said Holm fought like a warrior and didn't tap out which is more than you can say for some of the men. Of course, we all know who tapped out in 2nd round tonight, lol.

Rear naked choke - Holm throws punches until the very end and goes unconscious rather than tap out.

Rear naked choke - Big mouth tough guy McGregor taps out.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Your argument contradicts itself. Because the women's division is so weak, it means Holm doesn't get to make title defenses against scrubs. She went from taking down the No 1 women's fighter to taking on the No 3.

Again not that complicated. If Holly stays on her feet, she will likely win. If she doesn't then she will be in trouble. That's all that played out here.

I mean I am listening to Tate's press conference right now and even she is saying she knew she had to submit her in the 5th round because she knew she was down big enough that only a submission would win it. She also admitted that her takedown in the 5th was not even planned and it was just chaos which again is MMA. Shit happens.

So again, saying Holm's a fluke is dumb. She fought like a warrior. She didn't tap out.
How she fought is irrelevant, she lost. Not to mention your 2nd sentence makes no sense.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, did Tate just take a shot at McGregor. Said Holm fought like a warrior and didn't tap out which is more than you can say for some of the men. Of course, we all know who tapped out in 2nd round tonight, lol.

Rear naked choke - Holm throws punches until the very end and goes unconscious rather than tap out.

Rear naked choke - Big mouth tough guy McGregor taps out.
I won't lie. Holly was more man than Conor on this night.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I don't think you understand the situation. Holly put fear into Ronda. Ronda said she considered suicide afterward. She's been very timid about returning to fight again. They would have waited for her if she wasn't so scared.

Holly did no disservice to UFC today. Meisha has won many fights and has never been considered a push over. Holly hung in there, refused to tap. Champs fall and get back up again...unless you're Ronda Rousey. Then you cry and hide.
You'll have a point if ronda never fights again. As it sounds, she is taking time off to film a movie.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How she fought is irrelevant, she lost. Not to mention your 2nd sentence makes no sense.

Of course it makes sense. She didn't fight a scrub. She was thrown in the ring with probably the 3rd best women's fighter at the time.

How she fought is relevant. Generally if you are going to call someone a fluke, it would suggest she got dominated. She didn't. She was winning until according to Tate, she got a takedown not as part of any plan but simply because of the chaotic nature of MMA. So you are basically calling someone a fluke because they lost on a fluke takedown in the final minute or so of a fight they were clearly losing. It's idiotic.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You'll have a point if ronda never fights again. As it sounds, she is taking time off to film a movie.

And they were going to give her plenty of time. Wanted her to have the rematch before another title shot. She's the one who said she needs a break from fighting and said she didn't know what she is after that terrible loss. No doubt she's scared to meet Holly again. She was overpowered and dominated.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No she took time off because she got knocked the fuck out, was suicidal and sustained injuries that necessitated a mandatory injury break. She'd be better off at this point going the Gina Carrano route and sticking to acting.

Risking getting knocked the fuck out again would not only destroy her value in MMA but hurt her movie prospects most likely as she got roles due to that aura of invincibility that was shattered by the image of her going down and to the hospital because she got hit so hard. Really little reason for her to return.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lol, no. She took time off because the movie schedule was pushed back.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No you don't know what you are talking about. After the Holm fight, Rousey had a mandatory 180 day medical suspension because she got knocked the fuck out and sustained injuries. White wanted Holm to wait for 6 months for the rematch but Holm wanted to fight on a normal 3 month schedule which is why the Tate fight was made.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...onda-rousey-issued-medical-suspension-by-ufc/

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you've seen her actions since that loss, there is no doubt she was in no rush to meet up with Holly again. Bet she asks for a title fight now that Holly lost it. She hates Meisha. Watch

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No you don't know what you are talking about. After the Holm fight, Rousey had a mandatory 180 day medical suspension because she got knocked the fuck out and sustained injuries. White wanted Holm to wait for 6 months for the rematch but Holm wanted to fight on a normal 3 month schedule which is why the Tate fight was made.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...onda-rousey-issued-medical-suspension-by-ufc/
Again, no. She was scheduled to fight at ufc 200 after the mandatory medical suspension, but asked for more time because the movie schedule was pushed back. Supposedly she's filming two movies in the first half of this year. Road house was pushed back, so she asked for more time off. This information is freely available.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-ronda-rousey-will-not-return-at-ufc-200-as-expected-011216

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, no. She was scheduled to fight at ufc 200 after the mandatory medical suspension, but asked for more time because the movie schedule was pushed back. Supposedly she's filming two movies in the first half of this year. Road house was pushed back, so she asked for more time off. This information is freely available.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-ronda-rousey-will-not-return-at-ufc-200-as-expected-011216

I wasn't talking about the above. I specifically said she took time off because she got knocked out and had to take a mandatory injury break which obviously means I was referring to the fact she got beat so fucking bad by Holm, they wouldn't let her fight until she was medically cleared.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I wasn't talking about the above. I specifically said she took time off because she got knocked out and had to take a mandatory injury break which obviously means I was referring to the fact she got beat so fucking bad by Holm, they wouldn't let her fight until she was medically cleared.

Nope, I proved you were obviously wrong about her return and now your doing the remy backpedal.