Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL. I always enjoy your mental gymnastics. The article I posted came out a month later. White clearly said he was waiting for Rousey's decision before scheduling Tate to fight Holm. Again, you're wrong. Just give up.

The real reason UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm’s next fight is against Miesha Tate is because ex-champ Ronda Rousey’s schedule changed, according to UFC President Dana White.

Holm, meanwhile, expressed the desire to make a quick turnaround and fight before UFC 200.

Initially, White batted aside the idea of Holm facing another opponent until his conversation with Rousey.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/holly-holm-rematch-at-ufc-200-ronda-rousey-says-shes-game

Rousey’s next fight was targeted for UFC 200 even prior to the loss to Holm.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was never talking about UFC 200. I was talking about the fact she couldn't fight last night because she was fucked up and injured. The film delay wasn't until January and by that point Holm and her manager were already lobbying to fight Tate in December because they didn't want her to sit idle for 6 or 7 months waiting until July.

There was never a discussion about Rousey coming back last night because she couldn't. Why? Because she was sent to the hospital by Holm. That was my point. Talking to me about her July return being delayed further is irrelevant. Why were they discussing July and not last night? Because once again, she was knocked the fuck out and sent to the hospital. She was not going to be allowed to fight in March under any circumstances because she got beat too bad.

Filming was pushed back till May so she could have trained for and fought last night and still had 2 months to recover before filming started. So again, the reason the fight couldn't happen last night was because of the ass whooping she took from Holm.

soxjim007

Liked Posts:
Everyone was on her bandwagon...including the bettors in Vegas--she was a 3.5-1 favorite!

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
By the way, when I say she's a fluke, I'm not saying she sucks. She's strong as fuck and a good boxer. That win against Ronda though, clear fluke. Meisha proved it with her superior ground game.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

How?? When did Rousey become a wrestler?

She clearly dominated Rousey the entire fight. Rousey has limited boxing skill in comparison to Holly and she's not a wrestler like Meisha. She can't shoot in for takedowns because she's not a wrestler, so her only option was to box Holm until she got close enough to work her Judo. She has shit knees and won't ever be able to pick up wrestling because of it. That alone changes the entire complexion of a Rousey vs Holm fight compared to a Rousey vs Tate fight.

Rousey and Tate both WANT to be in each other's wheelhouse because within arm's reach is playing to the strength of both of their martial arts. Holm wants both at a distance on the end of her fist. Tate with her wrestling can at least make suicide attempts at a takedown to close the distance between her and Holm. Rousey is not a wrestler and does not know how to shoot, thus she is forced to stand behind her boxing to close the distance with Holm to work her out of the clinch.

If anything the Tate win was more of a fluke. Other than that 1st round, Holm was controlling her pretty much the entire way. She was a minute away from winning before that desperation grab worked. Rousey on the other hand was dominated the entire fight by Holm before getting brutally KTFO..

I don't know how that's even debatable or how Rousey became a winner by proxy when everyone in the world saw her getting trounced. She would get beat by Holly 9/10 unless she is hiding some wrestling skill that no one knows about. The triangle theory sucks for combat sports.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And holm loses again.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rousey's dominance was more fun than a bunch of fighters incapable of defending the title.

CMPunker

Liked Posts:
If Holm loses her next fight, she will be done for, and considered a fluke. The Buster DOuglas of MMA, if you will.