CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Excuse me if I miss a team here, but some current updated class rankings via ESPN. Here's the Big 10
1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Penn State
4. Maryland
5. Nebraska
6. Michigan State

Sorry, ESPN only went to the Top 40 teams.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No shit, sherlock. There's a clearinghouse issue. Don't know whether it's specifically grade related or class related. You can't even provide a link. Did you make up said report? They could sign and place at the CC where they just got the QB from, if it came to that, but they aren't going to keep pursuing a guy who doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of ever getting admitted. Since Illinois could sign and stash and any other school could do that, too, you haven't explained why a school would back off of him. He has 17 Power 5 offers. 17. You know why Bama backed off specifically? It doesn't appear that you do.

Thomas chose Miami.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So UI just picked up a JUco QB who had offers from at least half, if not more, of SEC teams. Let's see how this staff does the next two months, but they certainly are not settling for MAC talent to fill roster spots.

Lawson was a troubled kid and dumb as a box of rocks but he's pretty damn talented. His offer list from CC wasn't nearly what it was coming out of HS but a lot of raw material to work with there. Just needs to stay out of trouble.

Might only be a one year stop gap until Cam Thomas is ready anyways.

Lawson not part of the 2017 class yet as he hasn't qualified academically....

Whoops!

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guys I would love to see Lovie end the class with:

Louis Dorsey
Jeff Thomas...kid is a head case though and it will be tough to qualify him and keep him eligible. Bama and Mizzou have recently backed off.
Alex Palczewski

I would think Lovie and his staff will try to close this class with at least five more guys. Maybe as many as eight. I could see them taking as few as four or five if Smith and Co feels confident on '18 targets and want to load up on a better scouted class.

I don't think it would be wise or prudent to just take a bunch of guys to "fill a class" so to speak...and I don't think Lovie will do this...Get the quality guys you can, worry about filling the class next year.

Smith ends up getting 2 of the three guys I really wanted. Nice close.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just signed a 4* from Texas, Marquez Beason! Beat out LSU, aTm and Ohio State.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Just signed a 4* from Texas, Marquez Beason! Beat out LSU, aTm and Ohio State.

Beason announced yesterday he was canceling his remaining official visits.

And now got a strong verbal from Isaiah Williams, consensus national top 40 player from StL. Times are a changin in Champaign.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Illini

Playing in Chicago today. 2:30 game so football on the deck and a few beers. Anybody going to the game?