Jimmy Butler seeks 2nd opinion on knee

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Bulls history of medical care is long and disturbing!

I still remember the crap Luol Deng went through with his stress fractures and botched spinal tap.

Move ahead to the Derrick Rose saga. Ever thought the reason Rose has maintained as much game as he has is because
he is taking control of his availability.

Move ahead to Jimmy Butler. Bulls message is he is fine yet Jimmy has decided to see Dr. James Andrews on his
own. Hmmm!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still remember the crap Luol Deng went through with his stress fractures and botched spinal tap.

Move ahead to the Derrick Rose saga. Ever thought the reason Rose has maintained as much game as he has is because
he is taking control of his availability.

Move ahead to Jimmy Butler. Bulls message is he is fine yet Jimmy has decided to see Dr. James Andrews on his
own. Hmmm!

Yep. It reminds me of the Bears a long time ago when their team doctor almost cost Butkus his leg.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Their whole training staff sucks

Ron Burgundy

The Bulls will be in San Antonio on Thursday to face the Spurs, who are unbeaten at home.
Jimmy Butler will be elsewhere, visiting acclaimed physician James Andrews to get a second opinion on his left knee.
Coach Fred Hoiberg said the swelling has subsided enough in Butler's knee for him to get...

a2t.img
mf.gif

More...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fire everyone!

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to hear Dr. Andrews opinion

Dr. Cole is a very well respected doctor though, with a lot of credentials.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Players are finally getting smart. What the FO pulled with Deng, not once but TWICE, was unbelievable. The spinal tap was completely unnecessary and nearly KILLED HIM! Then after that, the FO refused to let him see his own doctor or even have HIS OWN ROOM AT THE HOSPITAL! I was shocked when Deng didn't immediately demand a trade after going through all of that.

Now with Jimmy, I think this is partly his own doing. I think he was telling the staff "I'm good" cuz he REALLY wanted to play in Houston in front of his friends and family. He wasn't ready to come back yet and this has been the consequence. Still good he's getting a 2nd opinion but this relapse feels self-induced to me.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Every player should take their health seriously enough to get a second opinion.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Then after that, the FO refused to let him see his own doctor or even have HIS OWN ROOM AT THE HOSPITAL!

do you have sources on this? that sounds outrageous

how can the FO mandate what doctors he can and can't see? sounds like something that would be on the insurance company and it would have to be some jacked up policy that the players union wouldn't stand for

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Players are finally getting smart. What the FO pulled with Deng, not once but TWICE, was unbelievable. The spinal tap was completely unnecessary and nearly KILLED HIM! Then after that, the FO refused to let him see his own doctor or even have HIS OWN ROOM AT THE HOSPITAL! I was shocked when Deng didn't immediately demand a trade after going through all of that.

Now with Jimmy, I think this is partly his own doing. I think he was telling the staff "I'm good" cuz he REALLY wanted to play in Houston in front of his friends and family. He wasn't ready to come back yet and this has been the consequence. Still good he's getting a 2nd opinion but this relapse feels self-induced to me.

GREAT POST! What they did with Luol was awful and Jimmy saw that personally happen. Hes a warrior but so was Deng and like you said Deng almost died:(

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yeah, what're your sources on that Diddy? How could they prevent Lu from seeing another doctor or getting his own room at the hospital?