Swollen knee sidelines Pau Gasol at least 2 games

Ron Burgundy

Pau Gasol became the latest victim to the Bulls' ridiculous injury bug and won't travel on the two-game trip starting Monday in Toronto because of a swollen right knee.
Gasol underwent an MRI that showed nothing structurally wrong with the knee. But coach Fred Hoiberg said the swelling is significant...

a2t.img
mf.gif

More...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, this is turning out to be a interesting turn of events. Wonder what the next injury to Rose is going to be? He has become a text book for basketball injuries. Butler searching for other medical opinions because he can't trust the team trainers and doctors. Gasol wants his turn at the medics office. Pretty funny shit. Meanwhile Thibs is somewhere counting his money wondering what team is going to go after him when the season is over. Should be a lot of coaching vacancies up for grabs. Wonder if Gar/Pax and Fred are going to survive this shit?

If Gar/Pax survive, it will be a huge abomination on a once proud franchise. They frittered away chances at championships and now are on a fast death spiral downwards. Look at this team if you can. Rose will be gone year after next. Gasol gone. Probably Gibson, Noah, McDermott, also. WHo will be left to "build" around? Only one above average player on the roster, Butler, and a youngster with a legit future, Portis.

This is going to take a big time general manager and scouting director and head coach to recover from the Reinny, Gar, and Johnny debaucle. We are in essence becoming the NY Nets:(

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Can't see anyway the Bulls win tomorrow night. Rose is also out. Butler might return but I can't see how that would be enough. About to be 2 games out of the 8th spot.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If this team doesn't need a major makeover, I know nothing about basketball. The writing has been on the wall for some time now...if Garpax don't see that, they're just as stubborn as Thibs. This off-season will be the telling sign whether I continue my time with this franchise or step back until hopefully more competent management could be put in place.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As much as I don't like GarPax, kinda silly to blame them for injuries. Plenty of reasons to not like the blundering duo... player injuries is not one of those reasons.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
As much as I don't like GarPax, kinda silly to blame them for injuries. Plenty of reasons to not like the blundering duo... player injuries is not one of those reasons.

hes not blaming them for injures hes blaming them for keeping a roster that hasn't been healthy in 5 years together

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes time for some fresh legs or guys that don't have an injury history. Or they should find guys who do have injury histories.

Carlos Boozer was healthy as all hell after he signed with the Bulls.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The real question is...when Pau comes back, will he limp first then throw his hand up moving in transition to waste 6 seconds of every defensive play, or will he throw his hands up first, then limp?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
hes not blaming them for injures hes blaming them for keeping a roster that hasn't been healthy in 5 years together

Yep. Really, it's everything. Not shaking up the roster, missing on better prospects in the draft as of late, hiring Fred without interviewing a single other coach, saying things like "Gasol is part of the core." I want to know that the front office sees the obvious....and it really appears that they don't. They seem to be content relying on miracles and hoping mid round picks will keep yielding Jimmy Butler's. There's just no direction right now and that falls squarely on Garpax.