My Favorite Player?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Can't say I blame you. My favorite players growing up were Ozzie Smith(grew up in St. Louis) and later Ken Griffey Jr. Bryant has that same sort of youthful joy that both those two brought to the game. Additionally, like both he seems to be a genuinely good person too.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Maddon is my fav of them all. His personality is infectious to the group.

As far as players Jake just because he can take his game to a level that is beyond words.

Bryant seems nice and the talent is there. But he has to prove that he can take his hitting to the next level. 199 K's speak for it's self. Sure he was able to drive in 99 and showed a complete game. But that is one thing that he has to reign in.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He doesn't have to reign them in that much. Thome had seasons of K at 171, 185 and 182 (age 28, 30, 32). Guaranteed Hall of Famer.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol that was a great prank. The Cubs have a lot of likable personalities

AussieBear

dale murphy and the hawk were fun to watch in the 80s before the juice was loose on the likes of canseco and mcgwire..

pre roids bonds was probably my favorite.... roid bonds was the most exciting hitter ive ever seen...

i dont like baseball anymore... so i dont follow anyone

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Schwarber is my guy right now. His work ethic, demeanor and that sweet left handed swing are just a joy to watch. Bryant is a close second.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I like Russell the best, his skill set says he could be a Cub for 18-20 years, the other guys would likely show a decline after age 32 and may not get 2nd and 3rd contracts. Bryant and Rizzo could be career Cubs especially if Bryant moves to the outfield later in his career.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sig says it all.....

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
dale murphy and the hawk were fun to watch in the 80s before the juice was loose on the likes of canseco and mcgwire..

pre roids bonds was probably my favorite.... roid bonds was the most exciting hitter ive ever seen...

i dont like baseball anymore... so i dont follow anyone

I still love this one. Brings a tear or two to the eyes:

188qidn9qnfavjpg.jpg

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Growing up it was a toss up between Ryne Sandberg and Jay Johnstone (remember him?).

Today it's Rizzo. Followed closely by Arrieta. And Schwarber. And Bryant. And Russell. Damn, it's a good time to be a Cubs fan. World Series this year or no, I've never been more confident that it's going to happen some time in the next 5-10 years.

AussieBear

a must have 80s card... damn i remember when this was worth 5 bucks.. days of being a youth

BillyRipken-Fuck-Face.jpg

AussieBear

Growing up it was a toss up between Ryne Sandberg and Jay Johnstone (remember him?).

Today it's Rizzo. Followed closely by Arrieta. And Schwarber. And Bryant. And Russell. Damn, it's a good time to be a Cubs fan. World Series this year or no, I've never been more confident that it's going to happen some time in the next 5-10 years.

ryno and grace made up a sweet right side

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I remember when the Billy Ripken card was selling at $100.00. There was a show in town where one dealer said if you buy a box of fleer from me and open the one pack I tell you the Ripken will be there otherwise your box is free. Collation was awful back then.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Mickey Mantle, the greatest baseball talent that ever lived. Too bad he was a drunk and womanizer

160071.jpg

AussieBear

I remember when the Billy Ripken card was selling at $100.00. There was a show in town where one dealer said if you buy a box of fleer from me and open the one pack I tell you the Ripken will be there otherwise your box is free. Collation was awful back then.

youth... hmm did beckett survive.. i havent looked at one of those since the mid 90s. all my old cards are in the attic of my steps moms house.. doubt anything good is in there though.. i got rid of most of the good stuff in hs to fuel one of my habits.. but i still have some complete sets from 77-90s..