whitenope_medium.gif

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fail teams.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
PAU COST THE BULLS ANOTHER GAME. Oh wait...

I miss Thibs. It's a shame that management and the players gave up on him.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
PAU COST THE BULLS ANOTHER GAME. Oh wait...

I miss Thibs. It's a shame that management and the players gave up on him.

I'm glad you included the players. It's also a shame that Thibs wasn't more flexible and didn't know when to take his foot off the break. The Bulls went from one extreme Thibs (Great coach but way too intense and full throttle over the long haul) to Fred (Average or worse coach with not even close to enough intensity or idea when the put his foot on the gas). Just dumb. Garpax need to go. I know Jerry would fuck up the re-hire but at least it'd be something different. I'm sure the players would like it.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
I'm glad you included the players. It's also a shame that Thibs wasn't more flexible and didn't know when to take his foot off the break. The Bulls went from one extreme Thibs (Great coach but way too intense and full throttle over the long haul) to Fred (Average or worse coach with not even close to enough intensity or idea when the put his foot on the gas). Just dumb. Garpax need to go. I know Jerry would fuck up the re-hire but at least it'd be something different. I'm sure the players would like it.

Agreed. I doubt Paxson and Foreman's jobs are in jeopardy, but a clean house is needed from top to bottom. Back in the 2010-2011 season I thought the Bulls were destined to multiple trips to the Finals for the rest of the decade, but Rose's ACL injury the following season was the beginning of the end for those Finals aspirations and the core of this team. It fucking sucks but oh well shit happens time to move on.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not really a shame that Thibs is gone nearly as much as it is that we have a front office idiotic enough to give a rookie head coach a 5 year/$25 million deal (one of the richer deals for any NBA coach ever) and virtually make him unfire-able

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It's not really a shame that Thibs is gone nearly as much as it is that we have a front office idiotic enough to give a rookie head coach a 5 year/$25 million deal (one of the richer deals for any NBA coach ever) and virtually make him unfire-able

Very true...but I think the FO is and was the bigger problem moreso than Thibs. Their drafts over the past few seasons have been bad, they have refused to shakeup a broken roster, and they're a very rigid and unfriendly bunch. I think Thibs probably wore out his welcome but at the same time Garpax have proven to be less than adequate as well. The hiring of Hoiberg without interviewing a single other candidate was just an ignorant and reckless decision.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's the little victories guys...

[video=streamable;a8if]https://streamable.com/a8if[/video]

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Very true...but I think the FO is and was the bigger problem moreso than Thibs. Their drafts over the past few seasons have been bad, they have refused to shakeup a broken roster, and they're a very rigid and unfriendly bunch. I think Thibs probably wore out his welcome but at the same time Garpax have proven to be less than adequate as well. The hiring of Hoiberg without interviewing a single other candidate was just an ignorant and reckless decision.

WE pretty much all saw the writing on the wall before last season ended when the rumors started flying about the wonders of Freddie and his connections to gar and pax. As for THibs, i saw him interviewed recently and it turns out that he has been visiting other teams and their coaching staffs seeing how they run their own teams. GOlden state is one of the teams. thought it was interesting that the guy apparently wants to grow as a coach. I would like to see the guy end up with the Lakers.