If the Bulls miss the playoffs....

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bobby is very limited athletically which is why he fell but he makes up for it with tenacity, toughness, positioning, and length. I wouldn't deem him untouchable by any means, but you're not going to get anything that upgrades the team. He projects as our starting PF next season on a rookie contract. Unless you could get a clear upgrade somewhere and not just a draft pick, you're better off holding onto him, IMO.

Either way, like someone else said, the FO is probably going to do the exact opposite of what a functional and competent FO should do. So we're in all likelihood going to be disappointed.

yeah you're probably right but idk Bobby just seems like one of those players that will get overvalued and overpaid so i would always keep the door open on a possible trade

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
yeah you're probably right but idk Bobby just seems like one of those players that will get overvalued and overpaid so i would always keep the door open on a possible trade

That's the right play, really. You never want to overvalue your players and should always be willing to listen and pull the trigger on a deal if a good one presents itself.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They aren't eating all that guaranteed money

At best start trading and start from scratch

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You can revisit the Celtics trade all you want, why any of you think you'll get the same value is beyond me.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You can revisit the Celtics trade all you want, why any of you think you'll get the same value is beyond me.

Who knows? It was rumored that Ainge loves Jimmy and really wanted to get him. If the pick ended up at 4 or 5 and Simmons/Ingram were off the board, it wouldn't be a shock if Ainge would still be interested. He even said himself that it was a trade that could be revisited on draft day....not sure why you're making it out to be an impossibility. It was rumored that the Bulls were the team to decline the deal so it seems very reasonable to me it could still go down depending who is on the board.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Who knows? It was rumored that Ainge loves Jimmy and really wanted to get him. If the pick ended up at 4 or 5 and Simmons/Ingram were off the board, it wouldn't be a shock if Ainge were still interested. He even said himself that it was a trade that could be revisited on draft day....not sure why you're making it out to be an impossibility. It was rumored that the Bulls were the team to decline the deal so it seems very reasonable to me it could still go down depending who is on the board.
I didn't say it was an impossibility, I said you won't get the same value.

It should be pretty clear that the Celtics were willing to give up a lot for a playoff push. Ainge can love him all he wants, but why would he give up the same amount for Jimmy after the season? That doesn't make sense at all.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I didn't say it was an impossibility, I said you won't get the same value.

It should be pretty clear that the Celtics were willing to give up a lot for a playoff push. Ainge can love him all he wants, but why would he give up the same amount for Jimmy after the season? That doesn't make sense at all.

If Ainge thought it was a good deal to make at the deadline, I'm sure he would have similar sentiments about it on draft night. Especially if Simmons and Ingram are off the board. In that scenario, Ainge would probably want to make the trade evern more and it would be the Bulls not wanting to pull the trigger. The C's are a team projecting up, while the Bulls are entering rebuild mode. The C's would love an established two way player to go along with their young guys. The Bulls need young guys guys, depth, and to start shedding salary. I think it makes sense for both sides, really. Probably won't happen, but I sure as hell would be in communication with the Celtics (and other teams) about Jimmy in the off-season.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
If Ingram or Simmons are off the board if I'm the Bulls I don't want that pick. There's no player that would impact the team like all of you who want to trade Jimmy for that pick be it at 4 or 5 that would help the team like you all see fit. Not Buddy Hield as much a I like him, not Kris Dunn, not the kid Murray from Kentucky, not Kay Felder, or any of the players projected in the top ten. We're no where CLOSE to getting Simmons and it's not even worth it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Maybe we will miss out on the playoffs and then luck into the number 1 pick again. Wouldn't that be something? When we got Rose, we were only 4 games away from not even being in the lottery, lol.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If Ingram or Simmons are off the board if I'm the Bulls I don't want that pick. There's no player that would impact the team like all of you who want to trade Jimmy for that pick be it at 4 or 5 that would help the team like you all see fit. Not Buddy Hield as much a I like him, not Kris Dunn, not the kid Murray from Kentucky, not Kay Felder, or any of the players projected in the top ten. We're no where CLOSE to getting Simmons and it's not even worth it.

The deal wouldn't be Jimmy for Hield. It would be Jimmy for Hield, Crowder, and Johnson. You shed salary, get a very viable replacement in Crowder, another expiring deal in Johnson, and a player in Hield who I think is going to be a very, very good player. I love his skill set, competitiveness, and love watching him play. I would make that deal 10/10 times.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I don't think all hope is lost. Many changes need to be made but Rose has been playing very well and he's got a contract year next season...so one would assume he's going to have a big year. Jimmy is an all star and all defender...Bobbys a promising rookie and McDermott is basically a rookie and he's been balling.

I don't think the whole team is totally helpless but the FO can't sit around and continue to use these same supporting pieces

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If the plan is for Rose is play even better and stay healthy, Jimmy to become a legit superstar, and Bobby and Dougie to save the day, I would scratch that plan. This team needs a major change. Jimmy and Rose just don't fit together, we have no physical toughness and rebounding inside, and we need another wing defender. Preferably a 3&D player.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Jimmy may be better suited for SF. Rose needs more of a spot-up shooter. McBuckets might actually be a better fit in the backcourt.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The distinction between SG and SF is trivial and really, meaningless. Jimmy no matter what position he would play would always guard the best wing player. Jimmy is just not a great fit next to Rose and the spacing in the front court isn't ideal. MDJ has been extremely rusty since he's come back. The SG and SF position in todays NBA are virtually interchangeable.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
If they miss the playoffs they should fire Paxson the next day (like I've been saying for years).

They should then hire a respected basketball mind (Jerry West?) as chairman of basketball operations, who can then reshape this team.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Full rebuild needed. This is the end of the Thibs run. Hoiberg was dumb to take this job, but I understand the paycheck was too good to pass up.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jerry West is like fucking 90 years old man

i think hes retired at this stage

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Crowder and Johnson aren't worth it. Two role-players on the bench forJimmy just to get Buddy Hield or some Euro-kid who probably won't pan out in the top five. Sorry passs.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Actually Jerry West is a consultant for the Warriors. He is up there in age (77?) but that doesn't change the fact he knows how a championship caliber team is built.

At the end of the day it doesnt have to be Jerry West but this team needs direction and that should come from the head executives. Paxson is not the answer and I'd take 100 year old West over him.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Get a new front office in place

Noah and Gasol will walk

Make some trades to retool the bench

Hopefully get a top 3 pick, get the Kings pick