If the Bulls miss the playoffs....

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
The Bulls only have 12 games left. Its doubtful that they will make the playoffs, let alone have a decent run. What do you think should happen, what would you do if you had full control?

Fire Hoiberg?
Blow up the roster?
or stick with the current plan of resigning the same team and crossing your fingers?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do we have to wait for the final 12 games to complete? Couldn't we just blow up the team plane while airborne or something?
Go for it Mr. Terrorist.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Fred won't be fired so I won't even entertain that. I don't think he's the right guy and it was a terrible move hiring him without interviewing other candidates, but unfortunately we're going to be stuck with him for at least a few more years, despite his obvious lack of leadership skills and coaching demeanor. Here's what I would do:

Let Pau and Noah walk. My goals for the off-season would be to get younger, more athletic, and get longer and tougher in the front court. I see this as a full rebuild and would treat it as such.

Re-visit the Butler to Celtics deal. If they still want to give up a top 5 pick, Crowder, and Johnson, I'm in. Chances aren't good for Simmons but I'd settle for Buddy Hield

Don't go crazy in free agency. Harrison Barnes, Horford, and Batum aren't going to be worth the contracts they get or put us any closer to a championship. Hold off for the 2017 class which is insanely loaded and deep.

Sign Bismack Biyombo to a modest 3 yr/33-35 mil dollar deal. That will be peanuts with the new CBA. Gives us a tough presence with length to go along with Bobby. Still only 23 years old.

Look to trade Niko, Snell, and MDJ for whatever. Niko will be due for a deal the following season and I wouldn't give it to him. Not unless he drastically improves his defense and keeps having games like last night. Neither will happen.

Rose/Moore/2nd round pick
Hield/Holliday/Moore
Crowder/Dougie
Bobby/Taj/Johnson
Bismack/1st round pick/Bobby

Hopefully come away with something decent for Niko, Snell, and MDJ. I'd take a 1st or future 1st.

In 2017 Rose, Taj, and Johnson all come off the books. If you haven't checked out that free agent class, I would suggest doing so. I wouldn't expect to land any of the 1st tier guys, but there's a TON of interesting 2nd and 3rd tier options available.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thinking out loud here...

I wonder if there's an offensive big man we could get that would match the style Hoiberg wants to play. We know he likes the stretch 4s, but how many of those types are available I'm not sure. And then considering the need at center, would a defense first/rebounding guy like Biyombo work or would he prefer someone who can potentially pass from the high post (ala Bogut)?

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Here we go, Pistons, here we go!

I decided I'm not putting too much thought into offseason moves. Anything I think the team should do, they'll do the opposite so I don't want to waste my time. I'll be happy with anything other than what we have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Personally I don't care what hoiberg prefers. I'm not building the roster to fit it to his exact specifications. Mainly because I want him gone sooner than later. Portis has good range and should improve with time. This team needs interior toughness a lot more than a 5 who could pass. The fact he's still only 23 makes it an easy move, IMO. I would target a C/PF in the draft though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Personally I don't care what hoiberg prefers. I'm not building the roster to fit it to his exact specifications. Mainly because I want him gone sooner than later. Portis has good range and should improve with time. This team needs interior toughness a lot more than a 5 who could pass. The fact he's still only 23 makes it an easy move, IMO. I would target a C/PF in the draft though.
Well I say that not just because of Hoiberg, but also because of the direction the league is going in. A big who can shoot is valuable. The passing big thing is really a luxury imo. You're not gonna find many players like Bogut or Noah who can play defense/rebound at a high level and also make great passes. Anyway, just random thoughts that passed through my head, I have no issue with your ideas.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If the team misses the playoffs then it's obvious the FO needs a shake up. And that Gasol needs to be let go.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Well I say that not just because of Hoiberg, but also because of the direction the league is going in. A big who can shoot is valuable. The passing big thing is really a luxury imo. You're not gonna find many players like Bogut or Noah who can play defense/rebound at a high level and also make great passes. Anyway, just random thoughts that passed through my head, I have no issue with your ideas.

I hear you. A passing or offensive big is important but my philosophy for big men, still places a bigger emphasis on toughness, length, and athleticism. Everything else is secondary to varying degrees. Niko, in theory, should be a great compliment off the bench to Portis. However, he gets bullied inside and is a terrible perimeter defender and clueless help defender. Considering he's offensively average, I would not want those types of players on my team. In other words, ideally I would prefer a more offensive minded backup big, but they can't be as soft and as big of a liability on defense as Niko. Unless they were an all-world offensive player. I would start Bobby and Biyombo but also have Portis play some backup 5. I'm not a big NCAA guy, but hopefully there would be a balanced PF/C that we could come away with.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
At least Detroit is playing like they want to make the playoffs. They'll get in with a much tougher schedule than the Bulls cupcake schedule they have.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls schedule isn't that cupcake.

New York again tonight Orlando, Atlanta, Indiana, Houston, Detroit, Milwaukee, Memphis, Miami, Cleveland, new Orleans, Philly.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bulls schedule isn't that cupcake.

New York again tonight Orlando, Atlanta, Indiana, Houston, Detroit, Milwaukee, Memphis, Miami, Cleveland, new Orleans, Philly.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Maybe not full cupcake but a mini cupcake for sure. The bolded are all games that really need to win, IMO. I don't think they have it in them though. They probably go 6-6 or 5-7

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
we should blow the team up even if they make the playoffs because lets face it the fans are miserable and so are the players....i personally can't take another year like these last 2 we are truly in NBA purgatory

we have no chance at a top pick and we have no chance in the playoffs with a team thats full of veterans...thats the absolute worse position in the NBA bar none

GarPax need to go they have had their chance and now its at the point were i don't think they even have the confidence in themselves to build a championship team anymore...they're done

let Gasol and Noah walk and like Enasic said revisit the Celtics/Butler deal...i would even dangle Bobby out there because athletically hes not up to par...seen him do a put back last night and he barely got off the ground (and bricked badly)

thats not to say i want Bobby gone but i want to see what may be available out there

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
FO will blame things on injuries. The team will add one mediocre FA. Philly will snatch that Sacramento pick away from us, and we'll basically BMO Harris ads running with McDermott in 2016-17. These are going to be throw away seasons for the Bulls, and Pax will get fired AFTER messing up the few good things we have going after next season.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
FO will blame things on injuries. The team will add one mediocre FA. Philly will snatch that Sacramento pick away from us, and we'll basically BMO Harris ads running with McDermott in 2016-17. These are going to be throw away seasons for the Bulls, and Pax will get fired AFTER messing up the few good things we have going after next season.

injuries have been the excuse for 5 years thats no longer viable

i really hope Bulls fans collectively come together and boycott the Bulls if they try to churn out the same roster because thats unacceptable and the only way to get change is hit them were it hurts...their wallets

the product thats out on the floor is not worth what they are charging for tickets by any stretch

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bobby is very limited athletically which is why he fell but he makes up for it with tenacity, toughness, positioning, and length. I wouldn't deem him untouchable by any means, but you're not going to get anything that upgrades the team. He projects as our starting PF next season on a rookie contract. Unless you could get a clear upgrade somewhere and not just a draft pick, you're better off holding onto him, IMO.

Either way, like someone else said, the FO is probably going to do the exact opposite of what a functional and competent FO should do. So we're in all likelihood going to be disappointed.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
injuries have been the excuse for 5 years thats no longer viable

i really hope Bulls fans collectively come together and boycott the Bulls if they try to churn out the same roster because thats unacceptable and the only way to get change is hit them were it hurts...their wallets

the product thats out on the floor is not worth what they are charging for tickets by any stretch

If the FO does what we all think they're going to do, I'll be done watching. Not a game until they're gone. That by itself isn't enough to hurt them. They're most likely still going to sell out the stadium, but if TV viewings continue to trend down, maybe they get less prime time games, and maybe the media really starts to trash the FO...that will at the very least get Reinny thinking. What will also get him thinking is if we miss the playoffs this season and he loses out on what I'm sure he thought was guaranteed playoff revenue for this season. If we miss the playoffs this season AND next season there's no doubt one or both of Garpax will be gone.