The Noah-Boozer combo trumps any combo with Gasol!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but the Bulls were tougher with Noah and Boozer. At least Boozer cleaned up the defensive rebounds. Neither plays the pick and roll but at least Boozer allowed Noah to play his natural position.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Noah is a broken player at this point. Ran into the ground by Thibs.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Can't really argue with him. And for those that defend Gasol, go take a peak at his stats in clutch situations. He shoots 36% and his defensive rating his abysmal. He kills us on both ends when it matters.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well it's not Gasol's fault that Noah fell off a cliff following injury. Gasol isn't the best fit, but for who he is as a player (and we all knew this coming in) he does what you'd expect for half of Boozer's cost. But yes, technically you're right. I'd blame it on Noah's injury more than replacing Boozer with Gasol though.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Well it's not Gasol's fault that Noah fell off a cliff following injury. Gasol isn't the best fit, but for who he is as a player (and we all knew this coming in) he does what you'd expect for half of Boozer's cost. But yes, technically you're right. I'd blame it on Noah's injury more than replacing Boozer with Gasol though.

Even when healthy, Noah was forced out at center because Pau wouldn't even try to leave the paint. Thereby diminishing Noah. Noah definitely fit with Boozer better. They were just tougher.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even when healthy, Noah was forced out at center because Pau wouldn't even try to leave the paint. Thereby diminishing Noah. Noah definitely fit with Boozer better. They were just tougher.
You're not wrong. Noah did fit better with Boozer, but let's not act as if Boozer chasing guys around the perimeter while Gasol refuses to do so. Noah's defensive presence was more his ability to switch on pick and rolls and helpside defense. Being "tougher" isn't as big a deal imo. Boozer was a more physical guy, but he didn't really play like one. Noah didn't get to play center because he had the capabilities of playing on the perimeter. Even so, Gasol played with Bynum on the Lakers as a PF, it's not like he's forcing his way into playing center. Thibs let him anchor the paint and put Jo on PFs because he figured it made the most defensive sense. In a way, he wasn't wrong. Certainly it diminished Noah, but that was a coaching choice to play them together a lot like that instead of staggering their minutes.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If your weakness at PF isn't lack of rebounds and points, but the fact they are soft, you don't sign the one guy in the league that is softer, and consider that an upgrade. :shrug:

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
You're not wrong. Noah did fit better with Boozer, but let's not act as if Boozer chasing guys around the perimeter while Gasol refuses to do so. Noah's defensive presence was more his ability to switch on pick and rolls and helpside defense. Being "tougher" isn't as big a deal imo. Boozer was a more physical guy, but he didn't really play like one. Noah didn't get to play center because he had the capabilities of playing on the perimeter. Even so, Gasol played with Bynum on the Lakers as a PF, it's not like he's forcing his way into playing center. Thibs let him anchor the paint and put Jo on PFs because he figured it made the most defensive sense. In a way, he wasn't wrong. Certainly it diminished Noah, but that was a coaching choice to play them together a lot like that instead of staggering their minutes.

That's exactly what I'm saying. At least Boozer tried to guard the opposing PF on the perimeter some of the time. Pau will just camp in the paint and hope they miss. Toughness matters when it comes to controlling the boards and preventing volleyball and putting a body on someone. Be honest, you think Pau could stay up Lebron James like Boozer did? The Bulls rarely got punked with Noah and Boozer around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFnmJgxft_s

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
That's exactly what I'm saying. At least Boozer tried to guard the opposing PF on the perimeter some of the time. Pau will just camp in the paint and hope they miss. Toughness matters when it comes to controlling the boards and preventing volleyball and putting a body on someone. Be honest, you think Pau could stay up Lebron James like Boozer did? The Bulls rarely got punked with Noah and Boozer around.

And that's why we give up the most offensive rebounds.

On a side note, I'm glad I'm a Notre dame fan. It's nice to watch a team play with heart unlike the Bulls.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Idk, I don't see much difference between Boozer and Gasol's defense except that Pau can occasionally get blocks with his length. Boozer's perimeter d was terrible and he backed off as much as Pau does now. But yes, Boozer could take that hit way better than Pau...he was no pushover. Another plus for Boozer is that he did box out to grab defensive boards...he had to as he was an undersized PF. Big Booz didn't play like a bully though. His game was just as soft as Pau's.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
I realize times are tough right now for us, but Boozer was a scrub and reminiscing on our Boozer days just shows how bad we are now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Idk, I don't see much difference between Boozer and Gasol's defense except that Pau can occasionally get blocks with his length. Boozer's perimeter d was terrible and he backed off as much as Pau does now. But yes, Boozer could take that hit way better than Pau...he was no pushover. Another plus for Boozer is that he did box out to grab defensive boards...he had to as he was an undersized PF. Big Booz didn't play like a bully though. His game was just as soft as Pau's.

I am factoring in Noah's usage and effectiveness playing with Boozer here. The fact that Boozer boxed out highlights the fact that Pau doesn't. Fact is Boozer and Noah controlled the boards WAY better than any Gasol combo. The defense was better all around because Noah could play center.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
There is absolutely no defending Gasol as of right now. He's getting shit on by Dwayne Dedmon. Dwayne fucking Dedmon. If Gasol comes back as a featured guy that sees a lot of minutes, I'm not watching Bulls games next year. I can't take this shit anymore.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's also remember that Noah absolutely sucks now. That might have a little something to do with it

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Let's also remember that Noah absolutely sucks now. That might have a little something to do with it

This years Noah, if healthy, would not get dominated by Dwayne Dedmon. Idc how much he's regressed. He wouldn't be getting embarrassed like that.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
There is absolutely no defending Gasol as of right now. He's getting shit on by Dwayne Dedmon. Dwayne fucking Dedmon. If Gasol comes back as a featured guy that sees a lot of minutes, I'm not watching Bulls games next year. I can't take this shit anymore.

But he's part of the core!