Did Jimmy Ruin The Season When He Publicly Called Out Hoiberg?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you think NO players were in favor of Thibs leaving, you are fooling yourself. Players went to the FO and complained at times about Thibs. And yes, they did quit on Thibs, the fans, and the organization last year.

Other than the usual bitching, I do not believe that there was anything like a player revolt or whatever. I believe that Gar/Pax wanted Thibs out for awhile but Reinny wouldn't do it. So they basically hung Thibs out to dry by their refusal to improve the team with players that Thibs wanted and finally wore Reinny down. It is as clear as a bell. The true leaders of the team....Noah, Gibson, and Butler knew hard work got them to where they were as players and owed a lot of their success to Thibs. They also saw the shit that Gar/Pax laid on Thibs and ultimately their own selves and noone can tell me that those three guys didn't resent it when he got fired particularly when their "solution" was to get a weak ass head coach to replace him.

Now the soap opera will continue as Reinny stumbles and bumbles his way to deciding what to do as he always does. Meanwhile Bulls fans will continue to get it in the shorts as the team sinks to the bottom of the league.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Other than the usual bitching, I do not believe that there was anything like a player revolt or whatever. I believe that Gar/Pax wanted Thibs out for awhile but Reinny wouldn't do it. So they basically hung Thibs out to dry by their refusal to improve the team with players that Thibs wanted and finally wore Reinny down. It is as clear as a bell. The true leaders of the team....Noah, Gibson, and Butler knew hard work got them to where they were as players and owed a lot of their success to Thibs. They also saw the shit that Gar/Pax laid on Thibs and ultimately their own selves and noone can tell me that those three guys didn't resent it when he got fired particularly when their "solution" was to get a weak ass head coach to replace him.

Now the soap opera will continue as Reinny stumbles and bumbles his way to deciding what to do as he always does. Meanwhile Bulls fans will continue to get it in the shorts as the team sinks to the bottom of the league.

Dude, you don't even seem to be in the same reality as everyone else...you are making shit up. People went to Paxson and Forman...just as they did Scott Skiles and other coaches in the past. They complained about Thibs...the organization has had issues with Thibs for a while now being that he isn't a "people person". However, his removal was spurred on by players' complaints, including Pau Gasol.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If you thought the Thibs drama, or the Fred/Jimmy drama was something.....just wait for the Derrick Rose contract negotiation drama.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If you thought the Thibs drama, or the Fred/Jimmy drama was something.....just wait for the Derrick Rose contract negotiation drama.

BJOCxpG.gif

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't agree bro. I think that he and the Bulls will sign a new contract at his current salary, which would be a fair number in the new CBA.

I think he'll look for a max. If the bulls don't want to give it to him, he'll finish his time here and someone will offer him max on the market.

I love Rose, but he doesn't strike me as an "above the money" type of player. Not many are, and you can't blame him. The man is a former MVP and has a lot of pride. He thinks he can still regain his elite form. Can he? Who knows, but I'm sure he won't settle for anything that isn't max. I certainly wouldn't if I was in his shoes. Go get paid, son.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude, you don't even seem to be in the same reality as everyone else...you are making shit up. People went to Paxson and Forman...just as they did Scott Skiles and other coaches in the past. They complained about Thibs...the organization has had issues with Thibs for a while now being that he isn't a "people person". However, his removal was spurred on by players' complaints, including Pau Gasol.

I didn't say that people didn't complain to management about Thibs. However, I believe that Gar/Pax provided the fodder for their complaints. They enabled the bitching to take place in the first place. As for Pau Gasol, he is exactly the soft Euro who would of course complain because he thinks he is the smartest player in the world and resents anyone trying to tell him what to do. I remember Scott Skiles well. He was shit on by stupid management also when he tried his best to get a few slackers on the team to put out effort. and they ended up firing him rather than backing him up.

It is amazing to me, that the two stiffs, Gar/Pax still have jobs. Only in Chicago with Reinny:(

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sick. These comments show Hoiberg is bitter about losing the team...but he fucking lost the team!! We are seriously fucked now because they didn't have the balls to swallow their mistake and Fire Hoiberg mid season. Now all heads will roll, I suspect management, coach, players, and even owner gonna fallout from this within 3 years.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
It's obvious that Jimmy wanted to keep Thibs and when Hoiberg came in and was no where Thibs level of intensity, that really rubbed Butler the wrong way.

Thibs was probably the hardest working coach in the NBA. If he can learn from his mistakes of riding guys too hard and get set up with an offensive minded assistance coach, he will probably win a NBA championship or two.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
It's obvious that Jimmy wanted to keep Thibs and when Hoiberg came in and was no where Thibs level of intensity, that really rubbed Butler the wrong way.

Thibs was probably the hardest working coach in the NBA. If he can learn from his mistakes of riding guys too hard and get set up with an offensive minded assistance coach, he will probably win a NBA championship or two.
Thibs is definitely a championship caliber coach. It wasn't just Jimmy that wanted Thibs to stay, it was Rose, Taj, Noah, and others as well.

The only people that wanted Thibs gone were Gar and by extension Pax and JR.

It was never the players against Thibs, just management. They basically hired Hoiberg before Thibs final season even began. The players knew it and Thibs knew it, which is why the season ended the way that it did.

Don't believe the Lebron stan that wants people to believe the lie that the team quit on Thibs.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Thibs is definitely a championship caliber coach. It wasn't just Jimmy that wanted Thibs to stay, it was Rose, Taj, Noah, and others as well.

The only people that wanted Thibs gone were Gar and by extension Pax and JR.

It was never the players against Thibs, just management. They basically hired Hoiberg before Thibs final season even began. The players knew it and Thibs knew it, which is why the season ended the way that it did.

Don't believe the Lebron stan that wants people to believe the lie that the team quit on Thibs.

I don't know who wanted Thibs out or not, but I don't have to believe the Lebron Stan to know that they quit. I watched them quit. You can't say you watched that last game and saw any kind of effort from them.

That's neither here nor there, this team is going to be bad for at least another 5 seasons.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15179536/jimmy-butler-not-flying-chicago-bulls-sunday

Chicago Bulls star Jimmy Butler did not fly with the team Sunday to New Orleans for its game Monday night, according to league sources.

One source with the Bulls said Butler had a family commitment and would fly to New Orleans later Sunday night and that he will play against the Pelicans.

"It's the first time he hasn't flown with the team,'' one source said. "But he will play tomorrow for sure.''

Neither Butler nor Bulls general manager Gar Forman could be reached for comment, but Butler's agent, Happy Walters, told ESPN.com that he was unaware that his client was not on the team plane.

Is this something or is it nothing?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I guess I was 100% correct.

Hoiberg just said that Jimmy ruined the season with his outburst. There are also rumblings that Jimmy purposely played like shit against Memphis.

This is why you get disliked, btw.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
The main culprit that wanted Thinbs out was Gasol. Obviously because he's a pussy. He may not be the only reason the teams where it's at, but once he got here everything went to shit.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats