Did Jimmy Ruin The Season When He Publicly Called Out Hoiberg?

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
I'm a Jimmy Buckets fan, but even I think it was a mistake. It seems that the Bulls never recovered from Jimmy dissing Fred, and then the FO coming after Jimmy.

I believe our season was lost at that very moment.

It's an honest question. Thoughts ...

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think Jimmy was completely right with his assessment. Best way to go about it? Definitely not....but he essentially was saying Fred lacks the cajones and I agree with him. Let's face it though, Jimmy could have kept it in house and the Bulls would still be where they are.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The season was lost last year when players on the team quit during the playoffs, then they brought the same team back. I will concede to those who knew at the beginning of the year that this wouldn't work that they were right.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
No, and this line of thought is a Chicken<->Egg.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What did you expect before the season? To compete for a championship? That wasn't happening in a top heavy league. To win the East, maybe, but you def. weren't anywhere near the Cavs. You may miss the playoffs. Probably for the best. You were going far in the playoffs. That just blind hope. This team is old and doesn't gel well. They are extremely inconsistent and no one seems to know who is the leader. My mind was boggled that no trades occurred besides Kirk. This reminds me of the Cubs when they kept trying to rely on Kerry Wood and Mark Prior to get healthy. It didn't happen. You should have moved on earlier. D Rose will never be the same. Butler is not a #1 in this league on a championship caliber team. He has come along way, but he isn't the man consistently enough. Hard to win like that in a league that has multiple superstars on teams. So, I think the season was sealed before it ever started. Butler just showed the turmoil and I was against the whole Butler situation. i thought he was dumb for letting that outside the house.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
The season was lost last year when players on the team quit during the playoffs, then they brought the same team back.
The players didn't quit on Thibs.

The FO openly courted his replacement last season while he was actively trying to coach. If anything, the players AND Thibs collectively threw their hands up and sent a middle finger to the FO.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
"LATEST REPUTATION RECEIVED (-158 POINT(S) TOTAL)

03-26-2016*11:35 AM

Gustavus Adolphus

Thread:*Did Jimmy Ruin The Season When He Publicly Called Out Hoiberg?

Pretty dumb thread"

Instead of the harassment with the red dot dislike, you could have simply posted in the thread and explained why you felt it was a dumb thread.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
This season was just like dating a girl who cheated on her boyfriend with you...over before it even started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
that certainly didn't help but the writing has been on the wall about this team since last year

i'm more worried about Jimmy's comments in the long term. Jimmy being our future and him starting off by dismissing his coach and not wanting to run what he wants to do raises my eyebrows forsure

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
So if Jimmy didn't speak out on Hoi, then would the season get blamed on Rose allegedly raping a crazy girl? If not that, would it be the next thing down the line? Maybe Noah telling Hoi that he plays better with Taj, yeah, that's what did it.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The FO poisoned the water long before Jimmy. Jimmy is just a symptom.

To me, the acquisition of Pau Gasol was a bargain with the devil. Yeah, Gasol got his numbers and his salary of $7m seems like a steal. But what Gasol lost in salary, he gained in power. It was understood that in exchange of the discount, Gasol wasn't to be benched under any circumstances. Even his rebounding was fool's gold because he never boxed out. The Bulls lost toughness under the boards and began to get pushed around with alarming regularity. How many times did we fail to sucure the rebound after defensive stops? More than anything, Cleveland punked the Bulls on the boards in the playoffs and that is why they lost? All that mess trickles down. The FO undermined both coaches IMO by giving the player carte blache to tune out their coaches. One could say Fred Hoilberg makes Vinny Del Negro look like Red Auerbach. I say Fred never had a chance and this is ALL on GarPax.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The players didn't quit on Thibs.

The FO openly courted his replacement last season while he was actively trying to coach. If anything, the players AND Thibs collectively threw their hands up and sent a middle finger to the FO.

If you think NO players were in favor of Thibs leaving, you are fooling yourself. Players went to the FO and complained at times about Thibs. And yes, they did quit on Thibs, the fans, and the organization last year.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
The FO poisoned the water long before Jimmy. Jimmy is just a symptom.

To me, the acquisition of Pau Gasol was a bargain with the devil. Yeah, Gasol got his numbers and his salary of $7m seems like a steal. But what Gasol lost in salary, he gained in power. It was understood that in exchange of the discount, Gasol wasn't to be benched under any circumstances. Even his rebounding was fool's gold because he never boxed out. The Bulls lost toughness under the boards and began to get pushed around with alarming regularity. How many times did we fail to sucure the rebound after defensive stops? More than anything, Cleveland punked the Bulls on the boards in the playoffs and that is why they lost? All that mess trickles down. The FO undermined both coaches IMO by giving the player carte blache to tune out their coaches. One could say Fred Hoilberg makes Vinny Del Negro look like Red Auerbach. I say Fred never had a chance and this is ALL on GarPax.
Good points, especially about Pau Gasol.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Truthfully, I cannot believe the crap leveled at Butler when he said what he said. What he said was right and when you say the truth, then noone should be criticized. Unfortunately, the bozos in the Bulls front office cannot tolerate criticism nor can Reinny. Good organizations LISTEN to their people if it is civil. IF it is pointed, then they should listen more. MEanwhile coaches need to be in control of their team. This was Thibs great ability. He was in charge until Gar and Pax eroded things like they did. Fuck the three of them.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Jimmy was right. But the guys lost interest last season. I think the issue is bigger than coaching.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there have been a few mistakes this year, but to me one of the biggest was not making any kind of deals at the deadline. Not sure what they thought they were preserving. We needed to get rid of Pau at that time.

I really hope the rumors that the team wants to resign him are not true.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think everyone on our team has shown they might be fucking stupid except Portis and McBuckets and Dunleavy.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Guys who give the same effort and bring the same intensity every night: Taj, Portis, Doug, MDJ, Moore, Brooks

That's really about it. Unfortunately, none of those guys are particularly very good.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
I guess I was 100% correct.

Hoiberg just said that Jimmy ruined the season with his outburst. There are also rumblings that Jimmy purposely played like shit against Memphis.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Fred said Jimmy ruined the season when he said they needed to be coached harder?

Yeah...uhh....do you have a quote or something?