Firing Thibodeau was the biggest Bulls mistake in 20 years...

Harveylitup

Liked Posts:
Can't believe we let the GMs ego get in the way of a great coach. every time he looks at the standings, his smile gets bigger and bigger. The players loved him and I do not see the same desire that they had when playing for Thibs. He was given teams that looked underwelming on paper, yet they always found a way to be a top 5 club in the east. I know I am beating a dead horse, but the facts are becoming clearer every day. I think GarPax should have been canned........ they honestly had little to do with the teams success

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Only if you consider being consistently close to that edge of top 5 year in and out good.

Some call that basketball hell.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Thibs was not a good playoff coach and it was time to move on. Trusting Paxson to hire another coach after his multiple failures was the mistake.

Gar is a glorified scout and Paxson has been in over his head the entire time he's been with the team.

Then again, the team is still raking in cash so there is a bright side.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Thibs was not a good playoff coach and it was time to move on. Trusting Paxson to hire another coach after his multiple failures was the mistake.

Gar is a glorified scout and Paxson has been in over his head the entire time he's been with the team.

Kinda hard for any coach to advance in the playoffs when every year his best players were injured or out.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Kinda hard for any coach to advance in the playoffs when every year his best players were injured or out.

No excuses. Even when healthy they underperformed, he was out coached, and he constantly failed to make the adjustments championship coaches do.

Using John Paxson's failures as a guideline, Thibs deserved more time, but if we are using a multi-championship winning franchise guideline, he was fired at the right time.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
No excuses. Even when healthy they underperformed, he was out coached, and he constantly failed to make the adjustments championship coaches do.
When were his teams healthy enough to underperform?

They were never healthy in the playoffs, starting with his first postseason when Noah, Boozer, and Asik were hurt.

Every single postseason there was a major player hurt or hobbled for the Bulls.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's like a broken record when it comes to Thibs....HE WAS GIVEN 5 GOD DAMN YEARS. Name me another coach in this modern NBA that was given that long of a time while only winning 1 conference finals game.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Thibs was holding us back in a way as he kept turning shit into gold and covering up the incompetence of the front office...i can only hope and pray that the FO is let go now that the target is on their back for all the failures

coaching is 2nd to talent and right now i don't think we got the right front office to get that talent...so if getting rid of good coach (who really needed to be fired to grow anyway) means it gets some new blood in front office then im fine

if not then this team will continue to be a cirucs until Jerry is forced to fire them or make them step down for "health reasons" lets just hope its sooner rather than later...before it gets more toxic than it is

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the problem isn't to fire Thibs the problem is to hire Fred, Thibs was a good regular season's coach and a mediocre coach in the PO

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Can't believe we let the GMs ego get in the way of a great coach. every time he looks at the standings, his smile gets bigger and bigger. The players loved him and I do not see the same desire that they had when playing for Thibs. He was given teams that looked underwelming on paper, yet they always found a way to be a top 5 club in the east. I know I am beating a dead horse, but the facts are becoming clearer every day. I think GarPax should have been canned........ they honestly had little to do with the teams success

I can name a bunch of mistakes in the last 20 years. How about trading lamarcus aldrige for tyrus thomas?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jerry Reinsdorf is slowly morphing into Bill Wirtz as he continues with his silly loyalty to people that are failing him and are piece by piece, tearing down his franchise.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The mistake wasn't firing Thibs.

The mistake was hiring Hoiberg.

And the biggest mistake of all was that contract. What in God's name were they thinking?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Most of us knew this before the firing. Myself when he was let go I was in total shock and then I knew just how bad the Bull managment was. Not surprsing the Bulls are not very good now.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
The biggest mistake the Bulls made in the last twenty years was choosing Krause over Phil and Michael.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

All hail Reinny!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Using John Paxson's failures as a guideline, Thibs deserved more time, but if we are using a multi-championship winning franchise guideline, he was fired at the right time.

This is mostly on Reinny and secondly Gar/Pax. Third is on Rose. All of these guys underperformed.