I want Hassan Whiteside!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I would let Gasol and Noah go and make Whiteside a priority. Bulls need athleticism

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I am weary of Whiteside. I worry that once he gets a max deal, he won't care anymore.

Another option could be trading for Okafor. Rumors are that Philly wants him out since Embiid is returning soon. Our 2016 1st round pick would obviously be included in the deal, but I don't care. We probably won't be getting anybody that good with that pick anyways.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okafor is a franchise level talent. The Sixers are stupid, and should play Embiid at the 5, Okafor as a true power 4. Split up their bench visits and run some small ball when one sits.

Okafor is not the rim protector of Embiid, he is a pure scorer learning the NBA game and adding strength, he will be a pendulum of youthful power swinging in the future alignment of NBA.

If he can be had for any collection of picks, and I'm afraid Portis or Mirotic, it is negligent not to do it. Get that guy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even if we got Whiteside the issues of this team run deeper still. Team needs a total revamp.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I would probably pass. I've heard that he's a total douche and is about as cocky as they get. People seem to forget that he was projected to go top 10 out of Marshall then fell to the 2nd and ended up playing in the D league. He came in for the Heat and was a force immediately. I tend to believe what people say about him because someone that good wouldn't have fallen so far and would have been on a team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whiteside is another Noah and we need to not hand cuff ourselves with players that can't shoot that efficiently.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okafor gets a pass for being 20 and being handed millions. I would absolutely try to capitalize on his second destination, I still think he will end up more impactful than Towns. He is the closest thing on offense to Aldridge we will find.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Okafor gets a pass for being 20 and being handed millions. I would absolutely try to capitalize on his second destination, I still think he will end up more impactful than Towns. He is the closest thing on offense to Aldridge we will find.
I think Towns will be way more impactful. Towns can play both sides of the ball and has range to the 3pt line already. Okafor will be very good, but imo Towns will be the better player when it's all said and done. Not really a knock on Okafor though.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Okafor is a franchise level talent. The Sixers are stupid, and should play Embiid at the 5, Okafor as a true power 4. Split up their bench visits and run some small ball when one sits.

Okafor is not the rim protector of Embiid, he is a pure scorer learning the NBA game and adding strength, he will be a pendulum of youthful power swinging in the future alignment of NBA.

If he can be had for any collection of picks, and I'm afraid Portis or Mirotic, it is negligent not to do it. Get that guy.

I don't know what it would really take to get him, but I know it would be a lot. A deal could be something like this: Mirotic, our '16 1st round pick, the Sacramento pick, and our '17 1st round pick.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Okafor may have been a franchise talent in 1980 but certainly not in 2016

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Even if we got Whiteside the issues of this team run deeper still. Team needs a total revamp.

Meh. I don't agree with a total revamp.

I think we will be a much better team when we rid ourselves of Gasol. We went downhill when he came to town. His softness and lackadaisical approach to the game spread like wildfire throughout the locker room.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I think we will be a much better team when we rid ourselves of Gasol. We went downhill when he came to town. His softness and lackadaisical approach to the game spread like wildfire throughout the locker room.
The Bulls need to get younger, hence the revamp. Gasol, Noah, Gibson should go elsewhere next season. And unless Rose wows us or will take a payout on his next contract, he's gone too.

Snell is another player that needs to be gone.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Gasol is a problem, but he's not the root. Replacing Gasol with someone else doesn't make us contenders.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
The Bulls need to get younger, hence the revamp. Gasol, Noah, Gibson should go elsewhere next season. And unless Rose wows us or will take a payout on his next contract, he's gone too.

Snell is another player that needs to be gone.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.
I know some of you are hoping the Rose gets traded, but he's not. JR will make sure he retires here. His $20 million per year salary is gonna be a bargain next season compared to what the new salary structure will soon look like. I can see him re-signing after next season for the same amount. Which again, will be a bargain deal for Chicago. Rose has played some damn good ball this season and he fell in line to follow Hoiberg's game plan.

Of the three bigs you named, Pau is the only one that I want gone. Noah was having a good season prior to his injury and Taj is on a great deal for his production.

Gasol on the other hand, is nothing but empty stats.

My biggest fear is that the FO is still pissed at Jimmy for not falling in line behind Hoiberg. I fear that they're gonna trade him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know what it would really take to get him, but I know it would be a lot. A deal could be something like this: Mirotic, our '16 1st round pick, the Sacramento pick, and our '17 1st round pick.

That would be an abortion if it happened. THey need to blow the team up and build through the draft and they will need those picks in order to do it. This will take somewhere around 2-3 years before they can even get into the play-offs most likely. IF they keep Gar/Pax after this embarrassment of the last two seasons I am done with them.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Getting okafor and durant would be a dream summer. Imagine a starting lineup of rose, butler, kd, okahor and portis. But knowing the bulls we will probably get kirk hinrich.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet, Okafor had a really good season. Despite off-court incidents, despite the defensive issues, despite injury problems and despite a lingering rumor halo of discontent, Okafor averaged 28.6 points and 11.5 rebounds per 100 possessions on 51 percent shooting. Only 12 players in NBA history have had rookie years like that, and they're almost all great players.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...still-look-to-trade-jahlil-okafor-this-summer

Those great players

http://www.basketball-reference.com...tat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Okafor is going to be a really good player in a league with sub par big man. I think it is much harder to teach a player to score then to teach defense. Defense is mostly effort.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet, Okafor had a really good season. Despite off-court incidents, despite the defensive issues, despite injury problems and despite a lingering rumor halo of discontent, Okafor averaged 28.6 points and 11.5 rebounds per 100 possessions on 51 percent shooting. Only 12 players in NBA history have had rookie years like that, and they're almost all great players.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...still-look-to-trade-jahlil-okafor-this-summer it's mostly athleticism and length, or you wouldn't see natural selection of 6'7" guys with 7'2" wing spans.

Then it's fitness. Then it's BBall IQ. Then it's effort.

Those great players

http://www.basketball-reference.com...tat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Okafor is going to be a really good player in a league with sub par big man. I think it is much harder to teach a player to score then to teach defense. Defense is mostly effort.
NAh

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Okafor will put up his numbers but we all know with from watching Gasol that putting up gaudy numbers doesn't mean all that much....hes a back to the basket center that can't defend due to slow footedness

i don't see him having great impact and him being back in Chicago could be a disaster if he can't even control himself in Philly...i'll pass on Oak but if they want to deal Noel then i'll listen