Draft the current Roster

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
With the current players becoming FAs, those that can't play, the injury prone, those that are filling the roster, it's obvious there are going to be plenty of changes.

So take the current roster and draft in order 1-15 which players you would want to keep. The player you most want to keep and start to reshape the roster with is your 1st pick, and down the order to number 15 who you probably don't want back at any price.

1. Bobby Portis, hasn't played much but certainly has the physical tools and potential to keep at his low price

2. Doug McDermott has finally showed he can shoot and score and at his price you'd just be going out looking for scorers anyway

3. Jimmy Butler his production is down but he's willing to play hurt and that takes away from what he can do, if healthy he's good

4. Taj Gibson if you didn't have a hard nosed defender and capable scorer to back up at the 4-5 he's who you would go looking for

5. Mike Dunleavy jr you need a savvy veteran who doesn't make mistakes to come off the bench and provide leadership in the locker room

6. Christiano Felicio You can't teach size and he could benefit from some off season big man coaching.

this is where the questions start if you keep these guys.

7. Nikola Mirotic I just don't know if he can be a starter with the lack of defense and his reliance on shooting the 3. He's a 4 and only a 4 so he needs to be able to score more in the paint and draw more fouls. I don't know if he can develop that part of his game.

8. Joakim Noah If he can come back healthy and play 24 minutes he's enough of a leader and energy guy that he would be worth having around

9. Derrick Rose I've had it with him being so injury prone and needing so much gentle treatment to come back from even the slightest injury. He takes up too much cap space to be a part timer, once you count on him to be such a starter and big part of the team you can't afford a talented backup who will sit when Rose is healthy and then replace what he does for 38 minutes when he gets hurt.

10. Justin Holiday young athletic big guard, 3rd string not second

11. Tony Snell just can't put it together

12. Aaron Brooks Let's get out of the cycle of small streaky scoring one dimensional back up point guards

13. E'Twan Moore Should be like Adrian Griffin and shift into coaching

14. Pau Gasol everybody gets old and starts to break down, Pau is at that age so let it happen somewhere else for what he wants to be paid

15. Cameron Bairstow Look to Europe I can't imagine another NBA team wanting him at the end of the bench

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
im trading out of the draft

you're pretty harsh on Moore, why? i think hes a solid player for the most part

he should be over Tony Smell and Aaron Bricks

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
With the current players becoming FAs, those that can't play, the injury prone, those that are filling the roster, it's obvious there are going to be plenty of changes.

So take the current roster and draft in order 1-15 which players you would want to keep. The player you most want to keep and start to reshape the roster with is your 1st pick, and down the order to number 15 who you probably don't want back at any price.

1. Bobby Portis, hasn't played much but certainly has the physical tools and potential to keep at his low price

2. Doug McDermott has finally showed he can shoot and score and at his price you'd just be going out looking for scorers anyway

3. Jimmy Butler his production is down but he's willing to play hurt and that takes away from what he can do, if healthy he's good

4. Taj Gibson if you didn't have a hard nosed defender and capable scorer to back up at the 4-5 he's who you would go looking for

5. Mike Dunleavy jr you need a savvy veteran who doesn't make mistakes to come off the bench and provide leadership in the locker room

6. Christiano Felicio You can't teach size and he could benefit from some off season big man coaching.

this is where the questions start if you keep these guys.

7. Nikola Mirotic I just don't know if he can be a starter with the lack of defense and his reliance on shooting the 3. He's a 4 and only a 4 so he needs to be able to score more in the paint and draw more fouls. I don't know if he can develop that part of his game.

8. Joakim Noah If he can come back healthy and play 24 minutes he's enough of a leader and energy guy that he would be worth having around

9. Derrick Rose I've had it with him being so injury prone and needing so much gentle treatment to come back from even the slightest injury. He takes up too much cap space to be a part timer, once you count on him to be such a starter and big part of the team you can't afford a talented backup who will sit when Rose is healthy and then replace what he does for 38 minutes when he gets hurt.

10. Justin Holiday young athletic big guard, 3rd string not second

11. Tony Snell just can't put it together

12. Aaron Brooks Let's get out of the cycle of small streaky scoring one dimensional back up point guards

13. E'Twan Moore Should be like Adrian Griffin and shift into coaching

14. Pau Gasol everybody gets old and starts to break down, Pau is at that age so let it happen somewhere else for what he wants to be paid

15. Cameron Bairstow Look to Europe I can't imagine another NBA team wanting him at the end of the bench

You do realize that Rose has played more games than Butler.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You do realize that Rose has played more games than Butler.
A whole 3 games more!

r73VJe3.gif

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
LOL @ portis as your #1. if hes the best player to build around then this team is really really fucked