Jimmy Butler, Bulls set a record on the Stupid-O-Meter

Ron Burgundy

Just trying to keep the ball moving:
It’s so cute that after the most expensive backcourt in the NBA embarrassed itself in a loss to the depleted Grizzlies on Tuesday, Jimmy Butler said he and Derrick Rose will work out together in the offseason.
At least until one of them is traded.
Butler said...

a2t.img
mf.gif

More...

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know what is wrong with this team mentally, but they are getting to be quite annoying. Jimmy does seem to be a bit full of himself.

Remember when Jimmy was humble and his attitude was do whatever is needed to win. Now he seems to think he is above the team and coach.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I don't know what is wrong with this team mentally, but they are getting to be quite annoying. Jimmy does seem to be a bit full of himself.

Remember when Jimmy was humble and his attitude was do whatever is needed to win. Now he seems to think he is above the team and coach.

Remember when he played defense?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
might have something to do with the fact he has literally next to 0 respect for hoiberg. thibs, no matter how you feel about him, the players all respected the hell out of him. jimmy especially seemed to

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember he was next great shooting guard since Kobe. He makes DWade look like a scrub.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I remember he was next great shooting guard since Kobe. He makes DWade look like a scrub.
Thoze were the days!

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
What's especially stupid is that Rose doesn't play pickup games. That's really the only time you're going to develop chemistry. Playing 1-1 or working out together is certainly not a bad thing, but it's not going to magically fix what practice and games for the past couple of years couldn't. The fact that they're still struggling to play together means that they either are just a terrible fit, or that they or one of them refuse to do it. This whole team and organization is a mess.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
It is no struggle. The ball is best in Rose's hands and Jimmy has to be better off the ball. Period. The offense is quicker when Rose pushes the ball. The fact that McDermott stopped scoring when Butler is the primary ball handler is telling.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
In Jimmys defense he is supposedly setting up off season workouts with teammates...including Rose. At least he still has his work ethic

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In Jimmys defense he is supposedly setting up off season workouts with teammates...including Rose. At least he still has his work ethic

The thing is that it is clear that Hoiberg really doesn't have any respect from the team and I think that most of them really hate Gar/Pax. Then, of course, is the true hatred of all things Reinsdorf around the league. What top notch player would want to come to Chicago and be a lackey for Reinny/Gar/Pax? And this has gone on for years hasn't it.

After the top players in the league make their multi-millions, they start looking for other stuff like championships and their "legacy". The Bulls have a cheap ass owner and a kiss ass/hard ass upper management. Fuck them all!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The thing is that it is clear that Hoiberg really doesn't have any respect from the team and I think that most of them really hate Gar/Pax. Then, of course, is the true hatred of all things Reinsdorf around the league. What top notch player would want to come to Chicago and be a lackey for Reinny/Gar/Pax? And this has gone on for years hasn't it.

After the top players in the league make their multi-millions, they start looking for other stuff like championships and their "legacy". The Bulls have a cheap ass owner and a kiss ass/hard ass upper management. Fuck them all!

Makes no sense. Please prove where a Stephen Curry or a Kevin Durant have beef with Reinsdorf. If they do their homework, they would find that he has done more for minorities in baseball and basketball than any other owner. All the young boys will see is an owner who is in the HOF and has 6 rings.

Criticize him for being too loyal, criticize the owner for not moving quickly enough....but calling him cheap is just a bunch of b.s. Why is he cheap? Because he didn't get Rondo? Makes no sense.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
What I've learned from this season is to detach myself from individual players and just view them as players on my favorite team. Rose at his peak was so special to me (most of us, really), and seeing that fall from grace sucked. I still like the dude but if he leaves I wouldn't be too upset. I started on that path of fandom with Jimmy. At the beginning of this season id have zero negative things to say about Jimmy, he was my favorite. I still feel that way but the feeling isn't as strong.

So basically, I'll make an effort to not become a big fan of any single player, because just like with a girlfriend, the relationship will eventually sour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Makes no sense. Please prove where a Stephen Curry or a Kevin Durant have beef with Reinsdorf. If they do their homework, they would find that he has done more for minorities in baseball and basketball than any other owner. All the young boys will see is an owner who is in the HOF and has 6 rings.

Criticize him for being too loyal, criticize the owner for not moving quickly enough....but calling him cheap is just a bunch of b.s. Why is he cheap? Because he didn't get Rondo? Makes no sense.

I think that Reinny is disliked throughout the league. Call it the Jordan/Jackson curse or whatever but the fact is that quality free agents do not end up in Chicago and that is all on management and its attitude to their players AND coaches. I would doubt that the coaching fraternity has any respect at all for Bulls managment with what they did to their last several coaches. This is why they ended up with someone like Hoiberg. An easily pliable low motor guy who will just sit there and never make a wave about anything.

As for Reinny doing a lot for minorities, do you actually think that today's NBA players care a whit about poor minorities in this country? NO way they care as a group. THese guys are the aristocracy of the United States, the one percenters that Bernie talks about. THey are coddled since the time they were in the 6th grade, given things, told how great they are, etc. I don't hate them for it, in fact I would have loved to have been great enough to partake in the bounty and to sit at the same table that they do in the world. But to think that they give a rats ass about those in the lower echelons of society is ridiculous.

No sir. Reinny is the major reason why the Bulls have not won other championships since the Jordan years because he hires losers to run his teams and will not spend the necessary money when needed to cross the threshhold of a championship. In my opinion, they should have won at least two championships under Thibs but did not add a quality player at small forward or shooting guard nor strengthen the bench with a sharpshooter and defender. Fuck Reinny.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Eh...I think a lot of them do care about where they came from and the less privileged. They have charities and give donations which are also tax write offs but shouldn't completely take away from the act of giving. How much they truly care or how involved they are helping out the less fortunate varies of course. Either way, I guarantee you they don't look at Reinny as a hero or ambassador for the poor.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Eh...I think a lot of them do care about where they came from and the less privileged. They have charities and give donations which are also tax write offs but shouldn't completely take away from the act of giving. How much they truly care or how involved they are helping out the less fortunate varies of course. Either way, I guarantee you they don't look at Reinny as a hero or ambassador for the poor.

How do you know that? Have you heard about what he's done for Bill Cartwright? Bob Love? Randy Brown? What former players have animosity against Reinsdorf? Why would players hear some negativity about Reinsdorf and ignore the positives?